Kurt Cobain

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Kurt Cobain

Post by Kwacky »

Watched Cobain: Montage of Heck this evening.

It's funny how his daughter is one of the executive producers, yet he comes across as being a bit of a dick. Maybe I'm being harsh. His early life seems to have been marred by his parents getting divorced and him being passed around various homes as he tried to find a family who would take him in, but divorce should be the reason to set you on the path he went.

There's no doubt he had artistic talent. That MTV unplugged set is a fine piece of musical history and the Nirvana albums showed the range of music the band could produce.

Given that Kurt only ever wanted a family I find it incredibly diffcult to grasp why he would take his own life when there was a wife and daughter in his life.

I guess we'll never know why he chose to do it.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYv2czin7WI[/video]
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Re: Kurt Cobain

Post by D41 »

Was never a fan in any way, although I can't deny Nirvana's influence on rock music at the time....their bare bones style was refreshing, and I thought the "Teen Spirit" video was fantastic....but that same style also limited them, and as a musician I always hate "limits" being placed on what is possible - although oddly enough I'm a huge Ramones fan?? Anyway, just not really for me, although I will give them credit for brushing away all the dodgy Cinderella & Poisons of the world.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

I preferred their punk stuff, but that wasn't very popular. If Cobain hadn't killed himself the band wouldn't have lasted long IMO.
beermonster
Your Bike: Between two wheeled victims

Post by beermonster »

Kwacky wrote:I preferred their punk stuff, but that wasn't very popular. If Cobain hadn't killed himself the band wouldn't have lasted long IMO.
Agreed. Bleach would be the only album of theirs I'd listen to these days I reckon.