The Good old NHS

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

The Good old NHS

Post by C00kiemonster »

Kwacky wrote:A letter from the hospital for an appointment this Friday. About my arm. No idea why or what for or why they've not given me any notice.
Don't worry, they will likely cancel it at short notice too... :(
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Re: Mr Postman

Post by Rossgo »

Kwacky wrote:A letter from the hospital for an appointment this Friday. About my arm. No idea why or what for or why they've not given me any notice.
NHS suck at times. There's a bloke at work who turned up for his appointment 1 time a few months back. Waited around for a good hour, asked and they said were behind a bit. So he waited longer and longer, he asked again and they said to him it was rescheduled didn't you get the letter? He came into work fuming the next day. The letter arrived a couple of days after the scheduled appointment. He thinks it was bullocks and they sent it out on the day he turned up because they realised they made a mistake. Can be a joke at times. I seem to remember him saying he wasted 3 hours at the hospital. Poor bloke he's pretty old too so it must of been a bit of an effort for him getting into Reading through rush hour etc. Horrible barstards
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

The last time I went I waited for over an hour before I asked when I would be seen. At least another hour. I had to get back to work.

This hospital has let me down a few times.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Mate terrible isn't it. Why do they make arrangments when they know they won't be sticking to it! Hate hospitals at the best of times anyway!!
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Why can private health care run on time and NHS health care not ? Something fundamentally wrong in the management and organistion IMO. Its almost like we are supposed to be grateful because its free which is rubbish we pay taxes for this and expect a quality service in return.

I have a lot of respect for a lot of the professional, amazing people who work in the NHS but there is far to much waste and inefficiency which is ironic as something under funded and tight for resources needs to be effiçient and well organised. It does annoy me how politicians and senior NHS management allow it to be run so poorly if it was a private organisation the board would be sacked and replaced with one capable of delivering its targets.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

I think one of the biggest issues for the NHS is that its kicked about as a political football all the time between left and right.

And once again neither are interested in improving it for the ordinary person, they are just more concerned about making the public believe the oppositions way of doing things is shite.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

my mother had cancer last year and my daughtr was born @ 26 weeks and nearly died from a super bug the care the NHS gave was amazing they didnt put a foot wrong.
I havent got the answers for what to do with the NHS but wanted to give a positive view of when its working properly
Try getting any help in a hospital in the USA without expensive insurance
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Perkles, there are good and bad sides to the NHS. It's a massive organisation so that's bound to happen. I'm sure we've all got good and bad tales to tell.

The problem isn't with those providing the care and medical treatment, it's the pen pushers and managers and the idiots in the House of Commons.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

It tries to be all things health and mdeical to all users and that can never be possible when its funded solely by taxpayers money, too many of whom never contribute towards its funding ( and i suspect they are some of its biggest users).

I know it riles my wife when she goes pays to weightwatchers and her fitness classes yet some are having both paid for by the NHS. That can never be right.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Kwacky wrote:Perkles, there are good and bad sides to the NHS. It's a massive organisation so that's bound to happen. I'm sure we've all got good and bad tales to tell.

The problem isn't with those providing the care and medical treatment, it's the pen pushers and managers and the idiots in the House of Commons.
I totally agree to much pen pushing not enough front line staff and to many passport tourists exploiting it
C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

Blade wrote:Why can private health care run on time and NHS health care not ? Something fundamentally wrong in the management and organistion IMO. Its almost like we are supposed to be grateful because its free which is rubbish we pay taxes for this and expect a quality service in return.

I have a lot of respect for a lot of the professional, amazing people who work in the NHS but there is far to much waste and inefficiency which is ironic as something under funded and tight for resources needs to be effiçient and well organised. It does annoy me how politicians and senior NHS management allow it to be run so poorly if it was a private organisation the board would be sacked and replaced with one capable of delivering its targets.
You hit the nail on the head with the organisation of the NHS. I've not seen too much problem when you get to the medics. It's the layers and layers of management, paperwork and lack of money management that is the problem. Shift all that and it will work better.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

Problem there is that those same managers have be given the job of sorting the NHS and they are very very unlikely to make themselves redundant.

The NHS organisation is outdated and completely unfit for the tasks it is given.

GP's should be NHS employees and not self employed but the reasons they are not go so far back and are so far out of time, but they resolutely refuse to change.
C00kiemonster

Re: The Good old NHS

Post by C00kiemonster »

duke63 wrote:Problem there is that those same managers have be given the job of sorting the NHS and they are very very unlikely to make themselves redundant.

The NHS organisation is outdated and completely unfit for the tasks it is given.

GP's should be NHS employees and not self employed but the reasons they are not go so far back and are so far out of time, but they resolutely refuse to change.
Totally agree. They need an independent body to restructure it all. They also need to be the same structures in EVERY hospital across the land.