a tweet from a cyclist....

The news and your views about biking
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

a tweet from a cyclist....

Post by Kwacky »

Kerry-Kit Murdock ‏@KerryMurdock

I would like a law that allowed me to shoot motorcyclists that removed their silencer.

(facepalm)
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Re: a tweet from a cyclist....

Post by Deegee »

Great, if we can have one so we get to shoot cyclists that ride on footpaths, run red lights, ride the wrong way up one way streets etc etc. They really don't have a clue do they... |(
Tuffers
Your Bike: Ducati Scrambler & Aprilia Tuono V4 Factory

Post by Tuffers »

...and ride 2 abreast on them racing bikes, ride in a line of 20-30, pull out suddenly in the middle of the road to avoid manholes with no indication that they are about to cause you to brake. The list is endless, plus they think they're so cool in their shades haha.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

And Wearing Lycra.... amongst many, many, many things.

In fact while we are on the subject, the way they seem to ride in packs and nobody in a car wants to overtake them any more, they should be restricted from riding on some roads now as well, its taking the P. I ride a bike myself, but tend to take it off road rather than clogging up the roads.
Tuffers
Your Bike: Ducati Scrambler & Aprilia Tuono V4 Factory

Post by Tuffers »

Oh, and horses should be kept in fields. They really do my pip when they ride them on the roads. Shitting all over the shop and the fat bird waving a thank you for slowing down. Bloody hate horses I do!
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

But i bet if all car drivers suddenly fitted noisy exhausts we would be the first to complain. ;)
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

She's still rambling on. Apparently we're all selfish.

Idiots like her give cyclists a bad name. I thought it ws a case of 2 wheels good, 4 wheels bad?
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

being a cyclist since before i could almost walk ,I have to admit the current breed of lycra clad hipsters are a bloody nuisance on the roads.They have no riding etiquette and wobble around thinking they are mark cavendish.You will find the older breed will ride two abreast but go single file when a car approaches,well thats how I learnt to ride in a group anyhow.
"loud cans save lives"
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Post by Cavetroll87 »

couldnt just watch anymore so I have waded into the fray lol, I was quite polite actually, dont want to meet her expectations of us all being thick idiots that cant put forward a reasonable point although its quite hard fitting it all in 140 characters
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
jlawie
Your Bike: Daytona 600 2004

Post by jlawie »

Tuffers wrote:...and ride 2 abreast
Look at it from our perspective though

http://ukcyclelaws.blogspot.co.uk/p/the ... e.html?m=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

That comment calling a biker a future organ donor highlights the issues between the groups
Deegee

Post by Deegee »

If I have learnt anything about the differences between drivers, motorcyclists and cyclists it's that cyclists are utterly polarised in the view that it's everyone's else problem - never theirs. They are dismissive of the rogue element within their ranks and fail to see any reason why they can't just carry on doing whatever they've been doing. It's as if the last 50yrs didn't happen to them.
bb41
Your Bike: GSXR750

Post by bb41 »

My bug bear where I live is a cycle track was lobbied constantly for years as it connects a rural village to civilisation about 2 miles long.

At great cost it was put in as requested.

Guess what the lycra lot use ?? pissing road :@

The only pushbike riders who actually use it are the kids and those out for leisurely bike ride. Far more intelligent

What separates this obnoxious lot and it is without exception that they think they have the eligibility to ride on the road and not on the cycle track beats me.

As the road is bendy it is virtually impossible to overtake.

Rightly or wrongly my horn is used for what nature intended and an animated gesticulation in their direction showing quite adequately they are knobs :)
Live each day as your last as one day you'll be right !!
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

When I walk my dog part of the route is on a shared path. I always get out of the way of the cyclists. The vast majority of them say thank you, or morning or evening or what ever. There's usual some brief, polite inteaction.

You can guarantee if someone is going to ignore me he's wear iridium wrap around shades, is carrying about 12 water bottles and has a £1200 bike.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Kwacky wrote: You can guarantee if someone is going to ignore me he's wear iridium wrap around shades, is carrying about 12 water bottles and has a £1200 bike.
no offence but that was me :D
in proper cycling clubs dickheads that ride stupidly with disregard to other road users get shoved out,calling people organ doners is just immature and sucking up to clarksons arse
Deegee

Post by Deegee »

bb41 wrote:My bug bear where I live is a cycle track was lobbied constantly for years as it connects a rural village to civilisation about 2 miles long.

At great cost it was put in as requested.

Guess what the lycra lot use ?? pissing road :@

The only pushbike riders who actually use it are the kids and those out for leisurely bike ride. Far more intelligent

What separates this obnoxious lot and it is without exception that they think they have the eligibility to ride on the road and not on the cycle track beats me.

As the road is bendy it is virtually impossible to overtake.

Rightly or wrongly my horn is used for what nature intended and an animated gesticulation in their direction showing quite adequately they are knobs :)
Exactly the same thing at ours BB41, I live in a town on the coast, there is only one 2 mile long road in and out and there are some nasty blind bends on it.

At great expense an emergency road was built beside the existing road, it was designed for emergency vehicles in case the road was blocked by an accident (happens at least twice a year). This new road had collapsible pillars at either end to prevent cars using it, but was wide and strong enough for fire engines, ambulances and heavy breakdown vehicles to use, it was also designated as a cycle way for the 99.9% of the time it wasn't used for its true purpose.

We all thought it was a great idea, the kids use it, the horsey brigade use it, the touring cyclists use it, the walkers use it, in fact the only people that should use it but don't are the lycra clad, carbon framed, clipped in, TDF wannabe's. No, they'd rather screw up the traffic by riding two abreast up a steep hill at 2mph forcing everyone to stay behind them.

If that isn't unreasonable I'm not sure what is tbh.
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

They're allowed to ride two abreast it's in the Highway Code. We're supposed to give them the same amount of space as we would passing a car or any other vehicle.

The only road they don't have any rights on is a motorway, hence the name.

Not defending them though, many years of commuting in London has put paid to any respect I have for cyclists in general.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
bb41
Your Bike: GSXR750

Post by bb41 »

I have to use the cycle track on the rare occasion I use my pushbike as I usually wobble and fall off
Live each day as your last as one day you'll be right !!
Norfolknchance
Your Bike: Daytona 675 06

Post by Norfolknchance »

Fed up with them running red lights, riding on the pavement (usually at some speed), being smug about being environmentally friendly. But the thing they should definitely be put to sleep for permanently is wearing Lycra.