What do you want to vent about today?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Re: What do you want to vent about today?

Post by Rossgo »

Blade has a good point..I'm glad there are good points that you are taking away from work for your home life (if that makes sense). Its very difficult I don't know what your profession is like for jobs. Tricky situation to be in mate. I'm certainly in no position to give you advise career wise but your health is most important if you feel stressed because of how the company are treating you then in my opinion I don't believe it will change. So maybe the work load is too much but family life sounds great. I really hope you don't have to take any crap home and it's not affecting your home life mentally. If it does you know you need to get out.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

Blade wrote:I rarely relax Cav and I know it's not good for me but I struggle with it and being a worrier it's my personality unfortunately.

Even if I'm watch TV, my mind is often else where, planning or organising something else which is going on in my life.

I m always ON, I dont think I have an OFF switch (blush)

I live my life 10 steps ahead of where I'm actually at. Has its advantages as I'm always prepared for most things, have good fore sight and I'm very organised. Negatives are it's terrible for my mental well being and I know I need to make changes. I also probably drink to much too, which is purely to unwind. If I'm honest I also need to change that but it's hard and that's not an excuse it's just not easy to change habits and personalities.
You and me both (y)

I don't like being how I am but I can never switch it off either
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

I was like you Cav and Blade, always on the go, always had more jobs planned than I could ever achieve. But after all the spine issues and been forced to slow down and prioritise down time to recover, I’ve found quite a bit of peace in taking time out. I’ve had some bad ‘in my head’ days over the last year and more than once I’ve grabbed a camp chair, driven 1/2 hr into the bush away from every fecker and just sat at a nice vista and really listened to nature, concentrated on my breathing and focused on what’s going well. It’s been a great life lesson on self care.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Exhibit A
D80D1AD9-382F-4E13-98AC-95B13F95F276.jpeg
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

I'm going to organise a trip to Amsterdam so I can get you stress heads stoned :D :D :D
Cav

Post by Cav »

No no no... no thanks haha
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Kwacky wrote:I'm going to organise a trip to Amsterdam so I can get you stress heads stoned :D :D :D
(rock) I’m in!
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

kiwikrasher wrote:
Kwacky wrote:I'm going to organise a trip to Amsterdam so I can get you stress heads stoned :D :D :D
(rock) I’m in!
#metoo
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

Monty wrote:
kiwikrasher wrote:
(rock) I’m in!
#metoo
#MakeItSo
Monty™© MCMLXXII
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Not being able to switch off eventually catches up with you.

Been there and got the t shirt. I have learned to deal with the signs but you cannot eliminate it completely without removing the problem altogether and when work is that problem then you are limited until you can pack in work.

We do have a plan though as long as this bunch of idiots in charge of this country don’t wreck it.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Cav wrote:
Blade wrote:I rarely relax Cav and I know it's not good for me but I struggle with it and being a worrier it's my personality unfortunately.

Even if I'm watch TV, my mind is often else where, planning or organising something else which is going on in my life.

I m always ON, I dont think I have an OFF switch (blush)

I live my life 10 steps ahead of where I'm actually at. Has its advantages as I'm always prepared for most things, have good fore sight and I'm very organised. Negatives are it's terrible for my mental well being and I know I need to make changes. I also probably drink to much too, which is purely to unwind. If I'm honest I also need to change that but it's hard and that's not an excuse it's just not easy to change habits and personalities.
You and me both (y)

I don't like being how I am but I can never switch it off either
As I've got older and marginally wiser (wasntme) I've learnt to live with myself better and not beat myself up about what I cant change.

I cant fundamentally change my personality, but I can be accepting and comfortable with my bad points as well as my good points and try to make adjustments and improvements even if only small, as they do help make a difference.

Life isn't perfect and it certainly ain't easy. The more we realise that the easier it can become :?
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I think that's all part of the aging process. My daughter is terrible for overthinking and over analysing everything.

I swing from one extreme to the other. I find it hard to get the balance right.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Fooking ell, just re read my post. Sound like I've been smoking wacky backy and living in a tree to find my inner self.

Took myself outside for a kicking (giggle) and a good talking too (facepalm)
Cav

Post by Cav »

There's a very mindful and philosophical feeling to the forum today.. I like it.. I'm too tired to be thinking of witty remarks to share
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Blade wrote:Fooking ell, just re read my post. Sound like I've been smoking wacky backy and living in a tree to find my inner self.

Took myself outside for a kicking (giggle) and a good talking too (facepalm)
Yes...good idea - talk to yourself, that's the ticket, Tarzan.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

The strains the NHS is under.

Soon patients will be dying due to lack of staff and facilities.
bb41
Your Bike: GSXR750

Post by bb41 »

I burnt out very young due to stress of work , I was back at my desk within hours of having daughter number 2 until I finally had to pack it in.

My finances took a nose dive drastically but I felt it better to be poor and stress free than comfortably off and dying on the inside.

Thankfully I have never had an extravagant life style and due to the animals haven't had a holiday for more than couple of days for about 13 years , I find dining out a bit of a bore as I love cooking at home and have no need for the hairdressers and nail technicians , oh and clothes are functional rather than fashionable

I still had a breakdown recently but that was over numerous other things going on that hadn't been dealt with from years ago.

With the excellent help from my GP and medication I am now on the mend and contented . I accept my life and how it is now rather than how it could have been if I'd carried on under the stress and have put it all in a mental box and closed the lid .

If work life balance isn't working for you, the easiest thing is to continue on and life can become miserable for everyone , the hardest thing is to try and change it but long term you could feel so much happier .

I had a conversation with someone a few days ago, they worked in an operating room helping the anaesthetist , highly paid but incredibly stressful and they were going to retrain as a sound effects person working in radio drama.. now that's what I call diversifying . They were selling their home and completely downsizing to release some funds from their house to be able to do it .

Sometimes we live at such an incredibly fast pace and not taking the time to literally smell the roses .

I hope all of you who are finding the work life balance out of kilter and find a better solution moving forward
Live each day as your last as one day you'll be right !!
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Thanks BB41. That puts things in perspective.

The option of downsizing will happen once the kids have left home. I intend to drop down to 4 days a week as well.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

bb41 wrote:I burnt out very young due to stress of work , I was back at my desk within hours of having daughter number 2 until I finally had to pack it in.

My finances took a nose dive drastically but I felt it better to be poor and stress free than comfortably off and dying on the inside.

Thankfully I have never had an extravagant life style and due to the animals haven't had a holiday for more than couple of days for about 13 years , I find dining out a bit of a bore as I love cooking at home and have no need for the hairdressers and nail technicians , oh and clothes are functional rather than fashionable

I still had a breakdown recently but that was over numerous other things going on that hadn't been dealt with from years ago.

With the excellent help from my GP and medication I am now on the mend and contented . I accept my life and how it is now rather than how it could have been if I'd carried on under the stress and have put it all in a mental box and closed the lid .

If work life balance isn't working for you, the easiest thing is to continue on and life can become miserable for everyone , the hardest thing is to try and change it but long term you could feel so much happier .

I had a conversation with someone a few days ago, they worked in an operating room helping the anaesthetist , highly paid but incredibly stressful and they were going to retrain as a sound effects person working in radio drama.. now that's what I call diversifying . They were selling their home and completely downsizing to release some funds from their house to be able to do it .

Sometimes we live at such an incredibly fast pace and not taking the time to literally smell the roses .

I hope all of you who are finding the work life balance out of kilter and find a better solution moving forward
Well said.

So many people struggle with the overwork and stress of life today.

Taking stock and actually doing something about it is both necessary and impressive.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

I only know what I’ve picked up over the forum but Cookie, i am in awe of your situation and the choices you’ve made and the lifestyle you now have.

I’m a bit like Kwacky, kids still at home so need to get them sorted and managing their own lives (that might never happen with Byron) before I can be a bit selfish and do a similar thing. I know I can easily live and be happy with much less than I have now. Living in the little farm cabin for a year during my separation proves that to me!