I'm **** Livid!!

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

I'm **** Livid!!

Post by D41 »

Some scrotes broke into my garage and stole my favorite MTB over the last few days....can't be sure when.

It's not a new bike, in fact it's fairly old....but I've rebuilt it so many times it's not worth mentioning....I used to burn through about two frames a season, so it had a rebuild every time....I reckon I have about $5K into that bike....not that it's worth that now.
And WTF are they gonna do with it....it's a full-on XC race bike??....it'll end up getting pawned for $50 in crackpipe money. I'm so pissed off

I should explain...I hang my bikes in the rafters at the back of the garage, which has a door at both ends....they must have came through there and grabbed the first one they saw. Lucky in a way, 'cos I'd just recently pulled down a $7.5K bike and left it by the front garage door.

Heads are gonna roll when I find out who did this...and I will....it's too noticeable a bike, it'll turn up...I hope!!

I was so frickin' angry I could'nt even file a report with the PD....I will do this morning. My other two main bikes are now here with me in the bedroom until I can fix that garage door.

Utterly fecked off.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Re: I'm **** Livid!!

Post by Blade »

Are you not insured ?
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Dirty robbing buggers,
D41

Post by D41 »

Blade wrote:Are you not insured ?

Good question...and I don't know....the whole divorce laws thing over here kinda throw all that stuff in the air..... prolly not......I mean, how do you calculate for a bike I built myself?
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

receipts.

Sorry to hear that. Happened to my mate not long back. He was only insured bor bikes up to £200. He insists he increased it, but I can't say.

Anyway the only silver lining was him getting the money for the 3 mountain bikes they stole (his, his wifes and his daughters) and building a new one from scratch with a nukeproof frame.
DaytonAndy
Your Bike: Daytona 675R

Post by DaytonAndy »

Bad news! A photo of the bike will do if you can't find receipts for the insurance.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Scum....sorry to read this. You don't need the hassle.
D41

Post by D41 »

Cheers....I have a pretty good idea who at least one of these wankers is, and it's someone I know unfortunately....for him.
It would have to be an "inside job"...as those bikes are way too awkward to get to, and can't really be seen from the street.
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

So sorry to hear this Daz, bikes are personal things and you sweat blood when you ride them which strengthens the attachment. When you find the little scrote break his f****ing arms. He won't steal again, and he'll have to find someone to wipe his arse for him.
D41

Post by D41 »

Deegee wrote:So sorry to hear this Daz, bikes are personal things and you sweat blood when you ride them which strengthens the attachment. When you find the little scrote break his f****ing arms. He won't steal again, and he'll have to find someone to wipe his arse for him.
No sh*t mate....that's why the others are in my room....TBH, they look very nice in here!! :D :D

But that bike was special....I bought it in '94, by '95 there wasn't one original part left on it 'cept the seatpost - I'd broken everything else...and like I say, then I started breaking frames...and when that happens, every time you build it up, it's pretty much a new bike again!!
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

D41 wrote:
Deegee wrote:So sorry to hear this Daz, bikes are personal things and you sweat blood when you ride them which strengthens the attachment. When you find the little scrote break his f****ing arms. He won't steal again, and he'll have to find someone to wipe his arse for him.
No sh*t mate....that's why the others are in my room....TBH, they look very nice in here!! :D :D

But that bike was special....I bought it in '94, by '95 there wasn't one original part left on it 'cept the seatpost - I'd broken everything else...and like I say, then I started breaking frames...and when that happens, every time you build it up, it's pretty much a new bike again!!
Sorry to hear about the theft D.

Just a point in question thou' it's not really the same bike you've had since 95.. I pretty much determine that the bike is the frame. If you break the frame and use all the components on a new frame, in my mind it's a new bike.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
D41

Post by D41 »

You're right, I suppose...so OK, it's a '97 then. :D ....depends on your POV.....I was using the same frames, so essentially the same bike when completed.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Well frame semantics aside, had any luck in tracking it down?
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
D41

Post by D41 »

Might have. ;)
R34PER
Your Bike: Yamaha XJ6-N

Post by R34PER »

why would you continue buying the same frame if you kept breaking them?

I have a 90's orange P7 that has been raced, crashed, ridden hard and generally abused through the years and it's never let me down.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Buy a specialized they come with life time warranty on the frame.
beermonster
Your Bike: Between two wheeled victims

Post by beermonster »

Blade wrote:Buy a specialized they come with life time warranty on the frame.
I'm not surprised if they're all like mine....I'm not saying it's heavy but it's got it's own moon system orbitting it!
D41

Post by D41 »

R34PER wrote:why would you continue buying the same frame if you kept breaking them?

I have a 90's orange P7 that has been raced, crashed, ridden hard and generally abused through the years and it's never let me down.

I didn't.....Trek OCLV frame....came also with a lifetime warranty, and also had a known design flaw...well, certainly known by me!! When they started coming from the factory with cracks ALREADY in them, it was time to switch, so I spoke to the store manager....don't forget, I was sponsored, so what the shop gives you is what you ride.

The store eventually switched to Specialized frames, which are pretty bulletproof.....I still have a brand new one from '98 hanging in my shed....not sure if it's ever been used.
The store gave me the bike to ride and I'm like "I'm not riding this junk!" and immediately tore the thing to bits....it's been hanging there ever since. :D
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

D41 wrote:Might have. ;)
Still hanging from the wall was it?
D41

Post by D41 »

Ohh, you're funny!!

Nah....3 scrotes who live a few miles away in a feckin' RV...the trouble is finding them. This is gonna be a case of 'street justice'....this is Hispanic street law at it's finest...they like to keep this stuff to themselves. Word is, the scrotes know the bike is a one-off and they can't move it, so one of them has decided to keep it.

We're 99% sure on this....can't really tell you why ATM. ;)