Dad's Army

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Re: Dad's Army

Post by D41 »

kiwikrasher wrote:
D41 wrote:Interesting comment...."Americanised".....not sure it exists any more....at least not in the traditional sense.
I'm sure it does somewhere, but Cali is all Latino and Asian....or at least 50% so.
Meant as in they have more USA developed TV programming. They never got Basil Brush, Worsel Gummage, The Wombles, Das Army, It ain't Half Hot Mum, Benny Hill and all that good stuff. Corro St to my knowledge has never played on AUS TV. In NZ all those programmes were the staple growing up.

Well yes, but you never got a lot of our TV either....I don't complain about it??
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Re: Dad's Army

Post by kiwikrasher »

beermonster wrote:
kiwikrasher wrote:
D41 wrote:Interesting comment...."Americanised".....not sure it exists any more....at least not in the traditional sense.
I'm sure it does somewhere, but Cali is all Latino and Asian....or at least 50% so.
Meant as in they have more USA developed TV programming. They never got Basil Brush, Worsel Gummage, The Wombles, Das Army, It ain't Half Hot Mum, Benny Hill and all that good stuff. Corro St to my knowledge has never played on AUS TV. In NZ all those programmes were the staple growing up.
Probably explains a lot about our friends from "The West Island"! :D
Well educated lad you are ;)
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.