What you watching?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: What you watching?

Post by Kwacky »

The Walking Dead. Strange one last night.
bb41
Your Bike: GSXR750

Post by bb41 »

New drama last night with Robson Greene called " Like Father , like Son " excellent first part
Live each day as your last as one day you'll be right !!
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Pro Bull Riders.

Have no idea where my youngest got this from but tonight he wanders in from karate and announces he loves watching bull riding (Rodeo). No dirty gags needed thanks he's only 5.

Where do kids get this mental stuff from :?
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Gotham followed by Fargo
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Just watched Terminator Genisys.

I seem to recall it being slated when it was released, but I really enjoyed it ( especially Schwarzenegger's comedic scenes ).
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

the man from UNCLE , thoroughly enjoyed it
Blade

Post by Blade »

River
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

SAS program from Monday night. It's really getting tough now last few days
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I've been watching that.

They're real bastards. I couldn't do any of that.
TonyB
Your Bike: Tiger 800XC, Honda CB500

Post by TonyB »

Blade wrote:River
I'm enjoying this series so far. The blokes nutty as squirrel shit.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Haha Tony. I like River he is definitely bonkers and places the role so well (y) Great casting.
TonyB

Post by TonyB »

Kwacky wrote:I've been watching that.

I played as Hunter Force 11years ago (christ, where has the time gone...) for a selection course in the Scottish Highlands who were on the escape and evasion phase. They had already been out in the highlands for 7 days before the HF arrived. The guys on selection were told they'd be hunted from day 1 so were on edge before we arrived. They were literally dressed in a tshirt, combat trousers, boots and an old army WW2 style greatcoat with a small baccy tin survival kit that you get from GoOutdoors and a scratch map, and we were in full gear, 3 hot meals a day, decent shelter, vehicles, thermal capabilities, heli drops, dog units etc etc. Caught 3 in a week. The rest were caught by 'enemy forces' on their final RV point and brought to the prison we had set up where they were cuffed and bagged for 2 nights and had some basic interrogation. Most memorable session was them all sat blindfolded in stress positions on a concrete floor in a barn with radio static played REALLY loud. If they moved their positions were changed to new one. That sat like that for 24 hours but had a bit of respite only when they were interrogated. On the final evening we frogmarched them into the back of a heli, they were placed facedown and flown directly to Hereford for 'tactical questioning'. I wasn't part of that but I have been told about that phase by badges members. Their fitness is absolutely next level. Very quick minds and bodies.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Rossgo wrote:SAS program from Monday night. It's really getting tough now last few days
It's a great program. I reckon I'd be fine ;)
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Neither could I espwcially when they single you out and tell you you're only still here just and you was about to be chucked out haha!!
When I was 18 my fitness was very good, 1.5, 3, 5 all the way up to 10 Nile runs because I wanted to get into Ethernet RAF Reg (say what you want about them but they get treated the best out of the forces in my opinion) but then I wasn't able to get in during the medical assement. Since then my fitness is shocking. Just lost all will power to get into proper fit stage, now It's all about gentle jogs a few sit up and press ups! If I was to try out for that program I would prob walk on the first 2 mins of being there hahaha
TonyB

Post by TonyB »

Could you have survived the 5 miles of death though? ImageImage

http://youtu.be/nO9CbsiWqzQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I did a night exercise with the Air Regiment. Tough bastards. I think they all go that extra mile to prove their worth because of the ribbing they get from the other forces.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

TonyB wrote:Could you have survived the 5 miles of death though? ImageImage

http://youtu.be/nO9CbsiWqzQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That's a great vid! He sounds so poetic with a bit of Phil Collins in the back ground haha!!
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

TonyB wrote:

I played as Hunter Force 11years ago (christ, where has the time gone...) for a selection course in the Scottish Highlands who were on the escape and evasion phase. They had already been out in the highlands for 7 days before the HF arrived. The guys on selection were told they'd be hunted from day 1 so were on edge before we arrived. They were literally dressed in a tshirt, combat trousers, boots and an old army WW2 style greatcoat with a small baccy tin survival kit that you get from GoOutdoors and a scratch map, and we were in full gear, 3 hot meals a day, decent shelter, vehicles, thermal capabilities, heli drops, dog units etc etc. Caught 3 in a week. The rest were caught by 'enemy forces' on their final RV point and brought to the prison we had set up where they were cuffed and bagged for 2 nights and had some basic interrogation. Most memorable session was them all sat blindfolded in stress positions on a concrete floor in a barn with radio static played REALLY loud. If they moved their positions were changed to new one. That sat like that for 24 hours but had a bit of respite only when they were interrogated. On the final evening we frogmarched them into the back of a heli, they were placed facedown and flown directly to Hereford for 'tactical questioning'. I wasn't part of that but I have been told about that phase by badges members. Their fitness is absolutely next level. Very quick minds and bodies.
Bet that was fab wasn't it. Put the applicants through their paces! Was you part of the Paras then?
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Kwacky wrote:I did a night exercise with the Air Regiment. Tough bastards. I think they all go that extra mile to prove their worth because of the ribbing they get from the other forces.
I think the common idea of the RAF Reg throughout the forces were they just stand around all day guarding the airfields, but it's definitely got more of a role than that...they also sit and guard the airfields!
It really is a great role to be part of had everything, parachute squadron, colour squadron (ceremonial) RAPIER (unsure if that's what it's called now but ground to air missle system which was taken away and given to the army and think there's one more thing but it was 10 year ago now can't remember in all honesty!

I did a week away with them at RAF Honitonwhen I was 18 and that was very good. The gits thought it was funny to pair. Me up with the biggest fecker in the squad to do a firemans carry up and down, up and down until they said stop, and I was the smallest out of everyone. But proved them wrong managed to beat most of the other guys. And did their 3 miler with rifle and some kit, that was interesting, I fell over and got mud in the barrel...Jesus that was a bad move they beasted me when they found out! Oh and managed to screw a SA80 cocking handle up. No idea how barstard thing didn't move afterwards haha!!
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I'm older than you so played with the SLR, which was massive. The SA80 was out but us cadets didn't get to use them when I was in the ATC.