Knife Crime

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Knife Crime

Post by Blade »

This has really shocked and disgusted me but a young 21 year old man was murdered in the street of my local town centre last weekend.

There was apparently a fight involving 8 males outside a local bar in the small hours of Sunday morning and one of the males has had his throat slit (shocked) not a stabbing but a purposeful slitting of another persons throat which is insane and disturbing to read about.

Most of the males were aged in there late teens to early twenty's but there was also a male in his early 40's and a 15 year old. I believe the 40 year old was the step father to the 15 year old by all accounts.

Its not 100% clear if the 15 year slit the victims throat or somebody else did it and the 15 year brought the knife out that night but what does seem certain is the 15 year old was involved in the fatal attack.

The above is extremely shocking and horrifically tragic and our whole community is in shock but what I find most disturbing is this same 15 year old boy had threatened to kill my nephew previously and has been after him for months.

My nephew is a very good lad who does not hang round streets or bars as is a very keen Rugby player and if he isn't training or with his girlfriend is sociallizing with his rugby team mates at the clubhouse or revising for his GCSE s which he is predicted to do very well in and has a place at sixth form waiting for him, as I say he is a good sensible lad from a respectful family who care for him and look after him very well. We originally thought the death threat was just stupid talk and the lad wanted a fight with my nephew but after recent events I'm not sure. Perhaps the most disturbing thing is the reason for wanting to kill my nephew was he kissed this physco boys sister at a house party. The good thing is my nephew has had the good sense to avoid the town centre at all times because of this boy which is obviously the right thing to do.

One thing iam happy about in fact the only thing I'm happy about in this crazy story is these physco nutters no longer roam our streets.

We don't live in a bad area at all but unfortunately living in a major city your never far from losers, idiots, bullies or murdering physics it would seems.

What is the world coming to. Its only a year of two ago another Manchester physco was murdering female police officers in grenade attack ambushes. I worry about the world my kids are grossing up in.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: Knife Crime

Post by Kwacky »

Sadly knife crime has always been a problem in this country, it's not a new issue.

Last autumn some kids held a lad at knifepoint and robbed him in the park I walk the dogs. It turns out that these lads had been a problem in a nearby area, the police increased their patrols so the kids moved on to somewhere new.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Its extremely worrying Kwacky.

Fortunately like your lad both of my boys go to karate which I'm very glad of as its comforting to know they have the good sense to avoid trouble but if faced with an attacker or bully are capable of defending themselves.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

My boy only uses his taekwondo to attack his old man.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Kwacky wrote:My boy only uses his taekwondo to attack his old man.
Still trying to get the password from you? (lol)

But seriously, shit sandwich all round. Sounds like your nephew dodged one, and unfortunately someone had to lose their life to get the creatin off the streets.

In my youth you could have a good old punch up and never worry about a knife. Not so anymore. I also worry about the world my kids are going to grow up in, but I think that's every parents worry regardless of generation/era.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
R34PER
Your Bike: Yamaha XJ6-N

Post by R34PER »

kiwikrasher wrote:
In my youth you could have a good old punch up and never worry about a knife. Not so anymore. I also worry about the world my kids are going to grow up in, but I think that's every parents worry regardless of generation/era.
Also back when fights stopped when a person was down and not getting back up, these days it's all people stamping on heads and kicking in people after they are KO'd in 5v1's.

there were some stabbings on new years eve I think iirc around where I live outside local Weatherspoons and another one last week in a nearby town.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Exactly there used to be honour and respect in a brawl where as now it's just viscous cowardly thugs setting about someone only when they have the upper hand.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I'm not convinced by that.

There have always been fights with weapons used. Football violence was rife in the 70s and 80s.
beermonster
Your Bike: Between two wheeled victims

Post by beermonster »

Kwacky wrote:I'm not convinced by that.

There have always been fights with weapons used. Football violence was rife in the 70s and 80s.
Not to mention Brighton Rock which was published in 1938.

The real peaky blinders were active at the end of the 19th century.
Blade

Post by Blade »

I watched the peaky blinders and really enjoyed it.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Hmmm.....I'm kinda of the opinion that in the vast majority of cases, if you arm yourself with a weapon of any kind, whether it be a handgun, a knife, or whatever, then you only increase the chances of you allowing yourself - whether purposefully or not, to get caught up in a situation which "warrants" you using it, whether as a threat/deterrent...like some kind of artificial "security blanket", if you like. Either way, the presence of the weapon itself is just going to escalate any situation should it be produced.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Wise words D (y)
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Blade wrote:Wise words D (y)
Indeed.... who the hell has hacked into his account! (lol)

Good to see you around D, hope all is well mate.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I think the best way to deal with knife carriers is to shoot the fookers.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Kwacky wrote:I think the best way to deal with knife carriers is to shoot the fookers.
Agreed tbh.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Only just catching up on the weeks threads Blade. Bloody hell that little shit sounds like a right thug. Glad your nephew did the wise thing and stayed away from him. He has a lot .of sense stay away from p%icks like them

I just don't understand how people think. They are willing too throw their life away over carry a weapon or in this case actually taking someone else's life. That's what shocks me the most, isn't life worth living and not potentially going to prison for carry a knife and using it as a threat. Have these people not got anything to enjoy? It's sad too see really that living in a first world country they haven't found a purpose , something they can do or occupy their time.

I got into Cadets when I was in my teens to keep me off the streets. It opened up a new life for me, 2 nights a week learning new skills, weekends away, going off to Germany / Holland (saw the burial site for hundreds of Paras from operation market garden) and ulitinately getting selected after intense interviews to go to Canada for 3 weeks travelling the south east corner all for free paid for by the Cadet force!!

There's things to do that I'm sure would blow their mind if their willing to find them. My GF little sister is in girl guides or brownies (she's 13 so what ever it is for that age!) And she gets to go away in fact she went away a few weeks back camping and Germany is later this year. It's open to anyone these sorts of opportunities boys or girls.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

D41 wrote:Hmmm.....I'm kinda of the opinion that in the vast majority of cases, if you arm yourself with a weapon of any kind, whether it be a handgun, a knife, or whatever, then you only increase the chances of you allowing yourself - whether purposefully or not, to get caught up in a situation which "warrants" you using it, whether as a threat/deterrent...like some kind of artificial "security blanket", if you like. Either way, the presence of the weapon itself is just going to escalate any situation should it be produced.
(nod) ^^ That's D41, as I know him. (clap)
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

I carry a knife pretty much all the time, always have ever since the age of around 11/12. I't's a four inch lock knife which sounds a lot worse than it is as it's actually swiss army (hunting knife) and also has a bottle opener, cork screw, fish descaler, hack saw and various other extremely useful devices.

Tend not to keep it in my pocket these days for obvious reasons and it's probably illegal now as the blade locks but it's alway nearby in a bag or the car.

I did have a Khukuri, German WW2 Bayonet and a Fairbairn Sykes but Mum took those of me.
Monty™© MCMLXXII