Track days are ace

The news and your views about biking
kingfixer
Your Bike: 2019 Aprilia Dorsoduro 900

Re: Track days are ace

Post by kingfixer »

Kwacky wrote:Shall I start a new thread with 3 dates and a poll and see where that takes us?
Agree
https://gmrprojects.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DaytonAndy
Your Bike: Daytona 675R

Post by DaytonAndy »

Tricky wrote:
D6Nutz wrote:There's a Saturday (15) and Sunday (30) in August with focused events. Both 108db, the website is showing only 10 spaces on each though..

I'm really tempted...

only 10 spaces left are a lie, its been a focused trait for a long time. they also have trouble running piss-ups in a brewery, and their days are all chrono, which means in my case, i get put in the wrong group because of bellends on very fast bikes with lots of money whom cannot ride a bike for toffee. just my 2p, count me out.
Why do you not like chrono day Tricky? I actually prefer it. Ok in the morning you may be in the wrong group but in the afternoon you will be in the group running similar times to you. No one can say they are faster or slower than they are as the times are done by transponder. Not having a go, just curious as I've thought a FE day I was on ran fine.
Tricky
Your Bike:

Post by Tricky »

DaytonAndy wrote:
Tricky wrote: Why do you not like chrono day Tricky? ......
quality of riding style/experience from others, or lack of it i should say. just because one might do a same lap time doesnt mean they are any good on track, anyone on a super fast bike can make up a lap time on the straights.
Tricky
Your Bike:

Post by Tricky »

DaytonAndy wrote:......as I've thought a FE day I was on ran fine.
dont know how many track days you have done with them (or others) but i also have had good days with FE, and when 50% of them (or more) have had issues you get a little bored of incompetence, when in comparison with other track day providers.
Jimmy Mc
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 675

Post by Jimmy Mc »

I'd be up for a forum track day for sure. Can't wait to get this bloody wedding out of the way so that I can spend cash on important things again....
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Jimmy I hope your missus isn't in the forum hahaha!! Think everyman thinks the same about weddings