What are you doing today ??

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Re: What are you doing today ??

Post by kiwikrasher »

Blade wrote:Getting a new motorcycle :)
(ttiwwp)
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
bb41
Your Bike: GSXR750

Post by bb41 »

Going round with the builder with a hope they can start in 4 weeks time . Fed up of camping indoors now .. What a pain living in a conservation area .

He met the big dog yesterday , Zeus is very nervous around strangers and as he is an extremely big lad it can be pretty scary

Not sure how he will cope with all the noise but hopefully at the end of it all he should be a little less timid..either that or he will have a nervous breakdown
Live each day as your last as one day you'll be right !!
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

bb41 wrote:Going round with the builder with a hope they can start in 4 weeks time . Fed up of camping indoors now .. What a pain living in a conservation area .

He met the big dog yesterday , Zeus is very nervous around strangers and as he is an extremely big lad it can be pretty scary

Not sure how he will cope with all the noise but hopefully at the end of it all he should be a little less timid..either that or he will have a nervous breakdown
Or eat the builder (lol)
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Feeling S**t! going back to bed....
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Get well soon
bb41

Post by bb41 »

kiwikrasher wrote:
bb41 wrote:Going round with the builder with a hope they can start in 4 weeks time . Fed up of camping indoors now .. What a pain living in a conservation area .

Or eat the builder (lol)
We did constantly tell Zeus not to eat the builder as this is the only one who is happy to work in the vicinity of him and as it's the whole house which is being renovated he will invariably be around .
Danes have a habit where they grab hold of your arm to drag you where they want to go , all of ours have/do do it and it can be quite alarming to have 96kg's of dog pulling on your arm , they also lean constantly .

The builder was recommended by a friend and so far he has been so good , apart from the initial first meeting as his face looked as though he'd run back out the door .

Zeus isn't aggressive but he is vocal and when he's grumbling it doesn't sound very pleasant ..we have to make sure the builder is OK around him and vice versa.

The other Dane is also in your face but she tends to lick and the others are just annoying
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

My aunt had Danes, lovely dogs but yeah big leaners!! The older female she had preferred to get a mouthful of your clothing to drag you around.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

bb41 wrote:
Zeus isn't aggressive but he is vocal and when he's grumbling it doesn't sound very pleasant ..we have to make sure the builder is OK around him and vice versa.

The other Dane is also in your face but she tends to lick and the others are just annoying
Please tell me the other dog's name is Apollo, that would frickin' rock!!

*Now I'm going to have the Magnum P.I. theme going in my head all day. Win/win!! (rock)
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

Lazy start then tackled the other door removing all paint and back to bare wood, i'm glad they're flat panel doors.

Then off to get 4 new tyres on the new to me car, I usually swap between summer and winter sets but this time because it's no performance machine I have gone for all season tyres from Continental. I am impressed with Conti's on the bike so when a set of 4 for the car comes in cheaper than a pair for the bike then why not give them a try.

Hope it's only a 24 hour thing Frankie
Last edited by Stonesie on 15 Aug 2019, 16:01, edited 1 time in total.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Gws Frankie.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Frankie wrote:Feeling S**t! going back to bed....
I missed this - sorry to hear - hope some rest has helped (bear)
bb41

Post by bb41 »

D41 wrote:
bb41 wrote:

Please tell me the other dog's name is Apollo, that would frickin' rock!!

*Now I'm going to have the Magnum P.I. theme going in my head all day. Win/win!! (rock)
We didn't name him Zeus .. the other one is called Poppy, then we have Chester, Frankie, Billy and Pebbles
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

Affirming my old fart status by fitting a roof box to the car.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

Back in at work before 5am just to do wedding signs (y)

Probably staying in till 5pm too

Good thing was, I got home from work, slept from 6-9.30 then was back asleep by 10 until my alarm at 4 (y) Not feeling too bad at the moment
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Saw the Neurosurgeon. She’s happy that the fusion has fully set, and that my residual symptoms won’t hold me back too much. So she has cleared me for work. So will be going to the Perth office for a week end of August and seeing a company Doctor for the final Ok. Also catch up on a bunch of competencies that have expired while I’ve been off and sort out transitioning from income insurance back onto full wage again!! (rock) ($)

Then home for a 5 week break (lol) till my October swing. They are talking about sending me to the office for part of that as well so I’m not going straight back offshore for 3 weeks. I must say I’ve been very impressed with how the company has looked after me and at no time put any pressure on me to get back to work. They’ve actually been over cautious tbh.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

It's nice when a company takes the time to look after you at times like this, we all have enough to worry about, having a job and letting down employers should not be one of them.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Great news Kiwi. Funny enough I was only thinking about this yesterday on the long slog down to London, and was going to ask you how your getting on.

Have you got full mobility and pain free on the fusion now or will there likely always be a bit of a discomfort in the area? I ask as I had a collarbone plated once, and although I got the plate removed its never quote the same and I cant carry a heavy bag on the shoulder with out discomfort. Hopefully the fusion is perfect with no long term issues.

Glad to hear work have been great. Take it easy still and look after yourself, or better still get Jess too (lol)
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

The fusion area itself isn’t giving me any pain (apart from when I arsed up in the snow on the weekend) it’s more the residual nerve pain and numbness from the trauma my spinal cord suffered. I basically will be living with the effects of a spinal cord injury nowadays. I’m back to doing pretty much what I like, just sometimes it aggravates things and I have to spend time remediating. The pins and needles appearing down my legs and over my shoulders, back and arms used to be quite unnerving (pun not intended (lol) ) but pretty much got used to it now.

As for mobility, it’s about 5-10% reduced in putting my head back and looking straight up. The only real world consequences I’ve noticed so far is I can’t fully finish a can of drink without looking like I’m doing the limbo (giggle). I sometimes lose a bit looking left and right but that’s usually due to muscle issues rather than the spine itself.

I’ve got another MRI in January next year to provr their theory I don’t have a tumour by seeing a reduction in the spinal cord oedema
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Off on a tour of a Cognac distillery.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

duke63 wrote:Off on a tour of a Cognac distillery.
Which one Duke?