2020 MV Agusta Brutale RR SCS

Love your bike or working on a project, post up a thread here and share with the forum
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: 2020 MV Agusta Brutale RR SCS

Post by Kwacky »

A catch up.

The owner of DMC called me. DMC Birmingham sold me the bike. DMC are presently not an MV dealer, but their sister branch is (They're called MV London. Inventive, I know). Anyway, the owner said he'll take the bike in, have a look and sort something out for me as a good will gesture.

This call came on the evening of the day when Completely said they were going to order some parts. I emailed them straight away and told them to put everything on hold.

A couple of calls the next day and I had arranged for Completely to deliver the bike to DMC in Birmingham. The sales guy at Completely called, said he needed payment for the work done to date and delivery. No problem, half an hour's work and delivery isn't bad.

£264

You fecking what??!?!?!

They stacked up the delivery charges because "someone else has got the work and we need to make up our loss somehow. " Kunts. I'm putting in a formal letter of complaint for overcharging. But that's a another story.

Anyway, I hadn't heard from DMC for a while. I didn't want to chase them as they were doing me a favour, but it's always nice to know what's happening. I was off last Thursday so I had a ride down to have a chat with the manager and the main mech. I've known both of them for years and get on well with them.

The bike was at the back of the service area, under cover. DMC had been told that Completely had ordered new parts from MV, so DMC were going to wait for them. "That's bollocks" I said. I gave them a full update. No parts had been ordered. Completely had not spoken to MV. Completely wanted to sell me a full rear caliper upgrade CNC kit. If I didn't want that they were going to source me a second hand option. At no point did they say they were going to get me MV parts from MV. DMC didn't want Completely to cancel the order, as MV have a first come first served system for parts. If DMC took over the request, they would go to the back of the queue. So DMC were waiting to hear from Completely.

So at no fault of their own, DMC hadn't done anything to the bike.

They're going to assess the bike this week. In the meantime they'll strip a bike for the parts and fit them to mine to speed things up. They did say it'll take time, they're pretty busy so it looks like a summer without the MV. But t's a goodwill gesture so I'm not going to push them. I don't know how much I'll end up paying, if anything at all. I have asked them to get the rear wheel paint fixed so I'll have to pay for that at the very least.

So fair play to DMC's owner for the call.

Completely can feck off. That's shocking behaviour all round IMO.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Sales of goods act. " Fit for purpose" and " of merchantable quality"
If you are not responsible for the failure of your bike's braking system, then shouldn't you be taking the supplier to SCC as the item you were sold is not of the standard you should expect.?
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

The bike is over 3 years old.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

these big turn over bike supermarkets like compleley bikes dont care about customers ,hope it all gets sorted
StMarks

Post by StMarks »

Kwacky wrote: 17 Jul 2023, 11:01 The bike is over 3 years old.
I realise that Kwacky, but isn't this covered by an expectation of quality.? - You did not pay all that money back then, only to have it fail catastrophically (potentially lethally) only three years later.?
Isn't there a legal argument that is used in these situations, where ( if you buy a Rolls Royce you can expect it to be more resilient than a Fiat) ?

I'm sure I read of a case where someone got a full refund from a car dealer when their engine went pop at 20k, even though the dealer no longer distributed for that manufacturer & it was purchased new over 3 years previously... Or maybe it was "one of StM's dreams,,, " (giggle)
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

The indications are that they're carrying out the repairs as a goodwill gesture.

The cause of the failure hasn't been determined.

Going all lawyer on them now isn't a good look IMO and certainly won't gain me any favours.
StMarks

Post by StMarks »

Kwacky wrote: 17 Jul 2023, 12:55 The indications are that they're carrying out the repairs as a goodwill gesture.

The cause of the failure hasn't been determined.

Going all lawyer on them now isn't a good look IMO and certainly won't gain me any favours.
(nod) Agreed.
If they are sorting it FOC that seems the best outcome for you.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Perkles wrote: 17 Jul 2023, 12:34 these big turn over bike supermarkets like compleley bikes dont care about customers ,hope it all gets sorted
I bet they will be in the financial shit if a recession hits. The group has big borrowings based on BofE Base rates. Its never a long term sound financial model.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

duke63 wrote: 17 Jul 2023, 13:26
Perkles wrote: 17 Jul 2023, 12:34 these big turn over bike supermarkets like compleley bikes dont care about customers ,hope it all gets sorted
I bet they will be in the financial shit if a recession hits. The group has big borrowings based on BofE Base rates. Its never a long term sound financial model.
yep it will be a tough autumn for bike sales, the housing market is dead atm
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

See Carnells and Whites
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

The bike should be available for collection on Saturday. It's currently in London. The work has been done, they just need to find a slot for the van.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Good news.