Plane crash in the Alps

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: Plane crash in the Alps

Post by Kwacky »

I really do hope that it wasn't suicide. It's bad enough having to take your own life but to drag others with you, including school children?
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

probably some religous nutter
Bratty
Your Bike: Honda CB1000r

Post by Bratty »

Perkles wrote:
Bratty wrote:Very suspect ?
I meant suspicIous but cant spell it :)
Nor me :D
I get knocked down but i get up again.
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

I just assumed maybe the one fell asleep, or had a heart attack or debilitating attack.
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

Double locked the door and pressed the descent button from what they are saying. Selfish bar steward!
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

The co-pilot had previously suffered from depression

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... nette.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Doesn't sound good does it
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

they'll implement the same system they have in the States . Always at least 2 people ( might be pilots, not sure on that ) in the cockpit . Seems ridiculous to me that that isn't standard procedure for every airline already.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Why would he commit suicide with 100 odd other innocent people present it makes no sense. If he wanted to take his own life by suicide there any many options to do this on his own.

I'm wondering if its a cover up. Has something failed so they are blaming pilot error. Has the door entry system failed denying the pilot re-entry and the co pilot made a mistake or had a heart attack and knocked the wrong switch during the attack ???

Just seems a weird sucide to me. I mean what if the maim pilot had never needed to leave presumably for the toilet. Suicide is normally planned not based on the random chance a colleague may leave to go to the toilet.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

People who want to commit suicide don't think straight,he wouldn't have been concerned about the passengers
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

He didn't have a heart attack. They can hear his breathing and it's normal and regular throughout.

They can hear the pilot trying to get in and near the end he's trying to kick the door down (fruitless task - they've very secure)

They can't cover something up as it's not the airline who are doing the investigation.

British airlines have already said they will follow EasyJet who have implemented the two pilot system.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Only my opinion but I'm not convinced either way and still undecided what may have happened. All we know is what we have been told, and if and it is a very big IF it is a cover up they won't be telling the truth.

I don't know a lot about suicide but I think people normally feel depressed and think about it a lot before committing the act. If that's true you would not make a plan based on your colleague possibly going to the toilet on a short one and half hour flight IMO.

Also taking 160 people with you is not suicide its murder.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

People who are severely depressed don't think the way normal people do, Blade.

Its why its so very hard to understand from an outsiders point of view.

To him it was probably the easiest way to end it all as he was a pilot, but he would not have had the rational thought process to take into account that it would also end the lives of 150 other innocent people too.
Blade

Post by Blade »

What if the co pilot had a stroke and fell onto the control panel and knocked the buttons that put the plane into a descent and locks the door.

He would still be breathing and could be physically incapacitated and un able to speak.

Not beyond possibility and may be covered up as the aircraft company's have not put a fail safe system in place or protection covers over crticially sensitive switch's on the control panel to stop accidental activation.
Last edited by Blade on 26 Mar 2015, 22:14, edited 1 time in total.
Blade

Post by Blade »

duke63 wrote:People who are severely depressed don't think the way normal people do, Blade.

To him it was probably the easiest way to end it all as he was a pilot, but he would not have had the rational thought process to take into account that it would also end the lives of 150 other innocent people too.
He had depression 6 years ago not recently and was assessed in a very stringent medical as fit to fly.
Blade

Post by Blade »

I ride motorbikes but if I wanted to commit suicide I would not see it as the easiest way of suicide so don't see why a pilot would see crashing a plane fill of innocemt passengers including children would be his best option.

Surely an over dose, jumping off a cliff or buidling, hanging yourself or carbon monoxide posioning using a car exhaust in a confined space would all be easier.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Blade wrote:
duke63 wrote:People who are severely depressed don't think the way normal people do, Blade.

He had depression 6 years ago not recently and was assessed in a very stringent medical as fit to fly.
Depression is very easy to hide if he wanted to.

There is no point in trying to put rational thinking into it as that is not the way he would have been thinking if he had severe depression. Its one of the reasons i suspect so little money is spent on mental health issues in this country.
Blade

Post by Blade »

People who commit suicide take their own life not 160 innocent other people's lives.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Depression is not easy to hide especially severe depression I don't agree with that.

Also he was assessed as medically fit and a comprehensive medical would have highlighted depression.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Duke is right, depression is not easy to understand unless you've been through it. The way you think, the way you think other people interact with you and your actions are completely different. Thought processes aren't the same. It's not something you can snap out of. How many times have you heard of a father or a mother killing the kids before killing themselves?

If you're going to take your own life, surely you don't care about taking other lives as you won't be around to face the consequences?

Taking the airbus out of autopilot and putting it on a course for a mountain is a determined action, not something you can do by accident. For that reason alone I don't think it's a cover up over a faulty plane. I think the blame probably rests with the co-pilot, who decided to take his own life and murder his passengers.