Sigh Petty neighbours

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Sigh Petty neighbours

Post by rocket »

Nothing big but i have to vent as being spoken to in a aggressive manner really winds me up !!

So the conditions on the roads round here are tricky we have a pretty steep drive and its not the best for getting on and off at the best of times however one neighbour down the road has decided to park there car directly across from our drive. A pain in the ass but not the end of the world. Anyway my Mrs was getting stressed about it. I can understand as like i said its tricky and with the ice and snow even worse especially when she sets off at 5am. So i know who's car it is so i tell her and say why not ask them to drop it back a bit. So she does she comes back bit up set as his response was i can not be bothered.. I said ill have a word so i went down seemed a well to do bloke got a big audi 4x4 and caravan on the drive and his mr2 is up the road. I explain its not positioned great and that he has every right to park there but i am asking him to be neighbourly and drop it back. After having to explain why its tricky he ums and arhs im biting my tongue at this stage as he is a bellend but thought don't say anything as i don't want any trouble. Then just as he puts his shoes on his wife runs to the door saying "bobs on the phone come and answer it". I could not give on **** if he answered the phone and moved it later but the the Wife shouts "Call the police" and is very aggressive i shout "What" as im at the end of there drive way by now "if you've got a problem call the police" "get back inside bobs on the phone this is not important" so i said "you don't have to be a knob head about it" ( it just came out !!!!) "call the police"

As if i would waste the police's time , I am fuming trying to be nice about a silly situation and there being rude !!!

Sorry for the vent but had to do it :-P
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: Sigh Petty neighbours

Post by Kwacky »

What a dick. What's it got to do with the police?

Some people are naturally rude and unpleasant.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Agreed with Kwacky here. What were their bloody problems. Why cause so much fuss. The job was so simple
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

The world is full of ignorant muppets like this. You could drop a letter through the door explaining again the reason why you made the request, with a little foot note saying obvioulsy you were very busy at the time of our last chat, possibly way of giving them a second chance as it were. You never know they may well have been ? And feel embarrassed now about the way they reacted.

Or forget it and move on, as people who have this kind of response to a neighbour will never change, and if you get into it with them then only pople who are going to feel drained is you and your family, as they are so thick skinned they won't care.

Or you park your car there and start a war lol. I hope you get it sorted one way or another and soon.
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Post by rocket »

Cheers guys I think you are right frankie about them being thick skinned and not caring about anyone else. There's no point in getting into a fight/war about parking for god sakes lol it just annoyed me, stupidly thought people would be friendly / neighbourly.
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

I had a neighbour who did that. He started parking opposite my drive on a very thin road after I had a dropped curb fitted after having a new drive done. He had a driveway that was empty that he always used to park the car on, so I knew it was some petty reason.

I asked him to not park there and he basically told me he could park there legally so there was nothing I could do. Similar kind of bloke I suspect.

Anyway, long story short, a few weeks later someone smashed into his car and it got damaged. He didn't park there again. Justice I reckon :)

People like that just make their lives more difficult, I dread to think what he's like with other people. Sad really.

Ignore the issue and see if it stops. If it's across your drive however my understanding was it is illegal?
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

We occasionally get people do this opposite our drive and its a pain in the arse as there is not enough room to reverse out safely. You may well find that their is a community police officer assigned to your road who might be able to help out.

Failing that, just reverse into their car door...i bet they don't park there again. :D

As a footnote, if your house is of fairly recent build, many of them have rules prohibiting the parking of caravans in driveways and on property, written into the deeds. If the woman wants to play silly buggers then sometimes you have to fight them the same way.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

I refer back to my original thoughts, you get involved with that crap and you are the ones getting frustrated, fed up and generally wound up, while the people who have started this whole thing are oblivious to the whole thing as they really don't understand a thing.

I know from experience in the past and a new situation which I am deciding on how I am going to end it with neighbours at the moment.
At present I want to go round and beat the seven bells out the grumpy old fecker! But again what good does that do?
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

It makes you feel better!

For a couple of minutes :)
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Pita neighbours are subject I unfortunately know a fair bit about, it's all detailed in Kwacky's old bin bag wars/neighbour issue thread. Suffice to say it's not worth it, if the police do get involved it's always better to be the innocent party - and they meet enough tossers and knobheads to know one when they meet him.

Fwiw he may be in breach of his insurance if he isn't parking on his drive - most insurance companies will drop payouts significantly if you're parked close to your house but not on/in the drive/garage if so specified on your policy.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

What a total bellend (raaar) people like him really wind me up.

I would leave a note on his car suggesting it be moved as your struggling to get off the drive and your concerned you might hit his car and your just trying to be neighbourly about it and avoid any potential damage. He can't argue with that your simply being neighbourly and looking out for him.

I wouldn't go back to discuss with them though as his wife seems an even bigger nob than him and it will probably go Pete Tong very quickly or has the potential too anyway as know matter how calm you stay, people like who you are having to deal with are just trouble makers,
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

(wait) Try not to let the ignorant Twunt (& Mrs Ignorant Twunt) spoil your own positive attitude mate..

Fwiw I believe that trying to "get back at them" as some above have hinted at, will only escalate matters to a level that impacts on your daily lives. Furthermore they are obviously inclined to that attitude, so will be far more experienced & gifted at acting like pillocks so will inevitably cause you far more grief than you would to them.

Besides, do you really want to lower yourself into being anything like they are.? (shake)

If it were me I would write them a (very) polite letter explaining exactly why you would like them to change their parking habits, incorporating the above excellent points made in above previous posts. Finish it off with the fact that "as a good neighbour" you attempted to explain this on the 29.12.14 & were rather taken aback by their response.
No sarcasm, no bitterness, no tongue in cheek.: Simply see if you can get them to do as you would like by giving them a little guilt trip by taking the moral high-ground.

Finish it with a "wishing you all the best in 2015". (Keep your friends close, but......)
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

You can't reason with **** like them...so go and let their tyres down! (angel)
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Leave it to someone else, if they are that petty and unhelpful then they will always rub other up the wrong way.

Our neighbour here is a a bit of a bellend when it comes to parking, I haven't got the time or energy to do anything about it but others here have. From time to time when he parks like a prize prat he comes out in the morning to find a car either side of his, just a couple of mm from the bumpers... It's childlish but it's damn funny watching him trying to get his car out.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Spudda
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650 aka 'Doris'

Post by Spudda »

I'd try to reason with them first but if that didnt work then I'd park my car across his driveway so he cant get his car out. I dont think its illegal to park in front of a private driveway and the Police wont want to know
It's Nice To Be Important BUT Its Important To Be Nice ©
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Good point Spudda. A taste of their own medicine normally sorts stuff out and makes them realise the errors of their ways.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Blade wrote:Good point Spudda. A taste of their own medicine normally sorts stuff out and makes them realise the errors of their ways.
Well, that approach certainly works well on the west bank.... (facepalm)
Spudda
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650 aka 'Doris'

Post by Spudda »

StMarks wrote:
Blade wrote:Good point Spudda. A taste of their own medicine normally sorts stuff out and makes them realise the errors of their ways.
Well, that approach certainly works well on the west bank.... (facepalm)
it works well in the West Midlands :D
It's Nice To Be Important BUT Its Important To Be Nice ©
DaytonAndy
Your Bike: Daytona 675R

Post by DaytonAndy »

Spudda wrote:I'd try to reason with them first but if that didnt work then I'd park my car across his driveway so he cant get his car out. I dont think its illegal to park in front of a private driveway and the Police wont want to know
I don't think you're allowed to block people onto their drive. Oddly you can block them off their drive (lol)
I've had nightmare neighbours before! Constantly blocking my drive while I was out (swear)
Good luck dealing with them mate but there's no reasoning with some people!
bb41
Your Bike: GSXR750

Post by bb41 »

Had a similar problem in my old house, but revenge came nearly 12 months later when it snowed heavily and I glided very quietly into the side of his car :-)
Live each day as your last as one day you'll be right !!