Lewis Hamilton

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Lewis Hamilton

Post by Kwacky »

Sorry for the spoiler but it;s been all over the news.

Congratulations to him. He's fought hard this season for that title. I know a lot of people will say F1 is boring but there's been some very good racing this season and the title went down to the final race.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Re: Lewis Hamilton

Post by C00kiemonster »

I kind of enjoyed this season. I think if they can sort out the engines so they are a little more equal, next year will be even better.

Nice to see a Brit at the top too :)
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

held his nerve and won the last race,couldnt have done any more could he.Well done Lewis another UK world champ :)
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

One of the best seasons for a while, and really chuffed for Hamilton. Plus impressed by Rosbergs sportman ship in the end.

I've never found it boring even in the Shoemaker dominated days, but then I watch it for the engineering as much as the racing
Monty™© MCMLXXII
edd1e
Your Bike: Aprilia RSV4 Factory

Post by edd1e »

Worst season in 10yrs or so in my opinion. Sooooo boring. Drs, no noise, all about tyres and fuel savings. Zz
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

its all this "green" bollocks that's ruined it , if they wanted to be green why not go back to using ethanol as a fuel and let them use a lot more than are currently allowed , formula-e is all about green technology , let formula 1 be about the technology of speed
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Well, it's the same rules for everyone, but I will say that automotive technology has got so advanced that it takes years now for it too trickle down to regular vehicles.....which in-and-of-themselves have become too complex IMHO.

I'm not against them upping the rules, I just think it should be done more incrementally.
I'm also not sure of how much effect all this "green" stuff has.....my car is an '86, and for it's time was considered a high-performance car......when I get it smogged, it aces all the current standards....literally blowing the doors off the emissions levels of many modern cars.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

I'm not sure how an 86 can be competitive on modern car performance and emissions.Cars have come on a long long way the new 1 lite turbo power plants give silly mileage and c02 figures
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Well for one thing it's a California car, so has to comply to higher emissions standards than almost any state or country in the world....that's just to begin with. Then there's other mitigating factors....the gearbox has lowered gearing to get it rolling off the line easier - an area where cars produce a lot of emissions, not to mention our oxygenated fuel, which also contains ethanol to reduce emissions.

The downside is it doesn't get particularly good MPG.
Although I wouldn't put it up against the 1 litre turbo you mention (especially as turbos are notoriously clean running), put it up against a modern car with a comparable 2.3L motor and it will fare quite well.
That's not wishful thinking, I'm going off the readouts they give you at the test center.....but it all basically boils down to the CA emissions laws, which are quite stringent.
R34PER
Your Bike: Yamaha XJ6-N

Post by R34PER »

.............................................................................................Readouts or it didn't happen........................................................................................................