Birmingham Pub Bombings

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Birmingham Pub Bombings

Post by Kwacky »

Program on BBC1 tonight about those events from 40 years ago.

Shocking facts coming out, including a third bomb no one was told about and the Police seemed to lose.

One of those accused and imprisoned, Paddy Hill, has been working with relatives of those who lost their lives.

34 key items used to convict the bomb bombers have gone missing, including the 3rd bomb.

Some of the evidence is classified until 2068, when everyone involved and interested will be dead.
Tricky
Your Bike:

Re: Birmingham Pub Bombings

Post by Tricky »

34 key items used to convict the bomb bombers have gone missing, including the 3rd bomb.
this doesnt surprise me, at all.

Some of the evidence is classified until 2068, when everyone involved and interested will be dead.
this is scary.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

I was listening to a radio show on this yesterday. Isn't it the case its the single biggest case of mass murder on the UK mainland...and yet no one has ever been convicted?

I can still remember it very clearly. As an 11 year old living in the area and having a father who worked close by it was pretty scary stuff.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

As the prog went on they said there was more than one bomb "lost". There were the two targets we know of, with 2 bombs in each. The third known target was a bank on the Hagley Road which is about a mile outside the city centre. That bomb detonated while it was being investigated but it failed to go off correctly and only the detonator exploded.

Another bomb was found thrown in a canal.