Children in Need

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Children in Need

Post by Kwacky »

Fantastic fundraiser, really well organised, does so much good work for kids here and overseas. The One Show on BBC1 all week has done a cycle ride with some kids who benefit from it. Very moving stuff.

I'm sick to the back teeth of it. I reckon I've had about 10 emails already at work from zany people in fancy dress telling me I can buy a cake or a raffle ticket or enter an auction or have my car washed or my nasal hair plucked etc etc.
DaytonAndy
Your Bike: Daytona 675R

Re: Children in Need

Post by DaytonAndy »

I'd donate to you getting your nasal hair plucked :x
Think of the children
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Have you ever washed your car? :)
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Do you know what, that car is usually spotless.

Sadly Sam and the kids have been using it lately so it looks like it's done an East Coast to West Coast road trip.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Great cause and and well organised as already said.

Personally I donate via my credit card on the helpline and also to a few individual people who ask plus organised events at my kids school although can appreciate it can become a little bit OTT if continuely asked for donations.

Personally I can't watch the TV show as although some really good parts I really find the serious parts of the show showing children suffering too disturbing. I know that's a little soft but I can't face seeing the children distressed and would rather donate and leave it at that.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Much as there is plenty of good fund raising done in the week, I personally cannot stand all the BBC coverage and all the back slapping amongst celebs about how much good they are doing.

The auctions on Chris Evans show wind me up so much i turn the radio off for the week.
Spudda
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650 aka 'Doris'

Post by Spudda »

The Spudlets school was just on with the school choirs

Watched that .... now switched over (yawn)
It's Nice To Be Important BUT Its Important To Be Nice ©
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Wow over £32 million raised and still going up.
Tuffers
Your Bike: Ducati Scrambler & Aprilia Tuono V4 Factory

Post by Tuffers »

A good cause, but they never show the kids who really and I mean really suffer ie have severe autism, self harm, attack their loved ones for no reason, the list goes on. Those kids wouldn't make for good TV. Yes, I agree with the fund raising, but a lot of it is a bit too fluffy and ahh I feel sorry for that kid in the wheel chair, whereas there are kids who suffer a whole lot worse and never get a voice because their behaviour wouldn't make for such a watchable show.
bb41
Your Bike: GSXR750

Post by bb41 »

Tuffers wrote:A good cause, but they never show the kids who really and I mean really suffer ie have severe autism, self harm, attack their loved ones for no reason, the list goes on. Those kids wouldn't make for good TV. Yes, I agree with the fund raising, but a lot of it is a bit too fluffy and ahh I feel sorry for that kid in the wheel chair, whereas there are kids who suffer a whole lot worse and never get a voice because their behaviour wouldn't make for such a watchable show.
I agree with that sentiment. Mental health for youngsters is dreadful here .

I am probably going to be hated for this, but I don't give, if more government funding was targeted at these less fortunate in our country this wouldn't be necessary. Especially in the health service where so much money is spent on chiefs and so little on indians.

Cosmetic procedures done on NHS funding, nose, breast and just lately a huge rise in gastric band surgery . It may sound harsh but if you are obese there's only one person who's to blame and I think most know it will mean an early death. If that isn't motivation for you I don't know what is.

We have become an easy fix nation where hard work and will power is lost on this generation
Live each day as your last as one day you'll be right !!
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Tuffers, you're spot on. Some charities will always be more popular than others.

The response to the arson attack on the Dogs Home in Manchester was amazing, but would we have seen anything like that it if was homeless kids or people with mental health issues? I doubt it.