Who is your Favourite Comedian ?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
R34PER
Your Bike: Yamaha XJ6-N

Re: Who is your Favourite Comedian ?

Post by R34PER »

D41 wrote:
Now Bill Hicks I never did "get"....same with Sam Kinison. Come to think of it, I don't get a lot of them....I think Steve Martin is a great comedic actor, but I don't care for his standup at all..same for Chevy Chase.
Billy Connolly would be right up on my list....when he's clean....he used to get really blue, and frankly it wasn't funny.
Steve Martin is an unfunny c**t :@

One of those people that just plain angers me. Him and harry potter.
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

There's not a lot of comedians that have really made me cry with laughter, I liked Ben Elton and that crop of eighties comics, some of Paul Coogan's satire has been very good and Lee Evans makes me laugh but how on earth Ricky Gervais ever got paid to make people laugh I don't know, he's an arrogant arse that believes his own hype, definitely a case of the Emperors new clothes going on there.

P.S. Harry's great, but he should've boned Hermione. ;)
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Nah,,,he shoulda banged the Asian chick,
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Omdz how did I forget ...Michael McIntyre!
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

I really like standup and can't stand the one liners. Trouble is at the moment we are really spoiled with so many good standups it's hard to choose between them. I do like Lee Evans, Russell Howard, Frankie Boyle, and quite a few more.. One guy who really surprised me though, as I normally don't get on with american comedians, was Jeff Dunham. Some of his sketches literally have me rolling about in laughter, I love the sketch below but it does have some bad language....

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL357BrwK7c[/video]
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Brilliant [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
D41

Post by D41 »

Jeff Dunham is great....and he keeps it clean....I get terrified when I get up, and all too quick the f-bombs start rolling out....which can be OK.....I'm a firm believer that swearing has a place in comedy, although I don't swear ordinarily.
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

A good friend went to the O2 a couple of years ago to see Jeff Dunham, it was a sell out due to the success of his Youtube videos, apparently he was absolutely overwhelmed by 1, the size of the audience and 2, that everyone knew the act almost pat because of watching the vids - they were saying the words and punch lines with him.
It sounded like one of those famous musician moments where everyone knows the words perfectly and are singing along with them, kinda blows them away too.
D41

Post by D41 »

That's a comedy thing...you practice, practice some more, and when you're done you practice again....you just hope you don't have the same audience. Very few comedians perform off-the-cuff....Robin Williams was one, but for the most part, it's all rehearsed out ahead of time. I use cheat cards....most do. Mine is just a beermat with joke titles written on it....I take a swig and see what I want to do next...it's a simple trick, but works well.
R34PER
Your Bike: Yamaha XJ6-N

Post by R34PER »

D41 wrote:That's a comedy thing...you practice, practice some more, and when you're done you practice again....you just hope you don't have the same audience. Very few comedians perform off-the-cuff....Robin Williams was one, but for the most part, it's all rehearsed out ahead of time. I use cheat cards....most do. Mine is just a beermat with joke titles written on it....I take a swig and see what I want to do next...it's a simple trick, but works well.
Footage of routine? (~)
D41

Post by D41 »

Not yet....my nephew was supposed to take some, but my SIL passed and he's wrapping up her affairs right now.

More telling is the compliments I get from the pros.....they're a cool crowd for the most part....that, and the fact I'm starting to see them nick my material....kinda pisses me off a little bit, but imitation is flattery.

It's also done wonders for my confidence.....I have a lisp, and have always been a bit self-conscious about my voice....but it all works to my benefit when I'm up...the lisp, the odd accent, etc....seems to work.

Either way, I'm thrilled to be giving it a shot.