Dental fees?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Dental fees?

Post by Deegee »

I'm hoping someone can give me some kind of an answer to a question regarding private orthodontic work as it's near impossible to get any kind of an idea online.

Last week I had my usual 6 monthly check up at my Dentist (private) and I've got an ongoing issue that should have been sorted as a teenager, but wasn't because the succession of NHS dentists I've seen were fairly dismal - the only one that was any good accidentally over-gassed himself in his own chair. (facepalm)

To put it in a nutshell I've got crooked lower teeth that in time will cause my molars to crack and fall apart due to bite mechanics, at present it's only causing me to bite the inside of my lower lip occasionally, but will develop over time. I've got otherwise good teeth which if my parents and grandparents are anything to go by will last for 80-90 yrs if looked after, as my dentist said "nothing we can give you will be as good as what you've already got."

So what I'm asking is has anyone had any adult ortho work done? If so how much (very roughly) am I looking at to sort this issue?

Any replies gratefully received. Thanks, DG
bb41
Your Bike: GSXR750

Re: Dental fees?

Post by bb41 »

Deegee:

10 years ago i had faulty top front teeth that were impacting on lower bottom.

Yes should of been corrected when I was younger.

Cost 2k and hours in the dentist chair.

Having major problems now and having more treatment at the dentist, but this time NHS and the treatment so far has only cost 350.00
Live each day as your last as one day you'll be right !!
jlawie
Your Bike: Daytona 600 2004

Post by jlawie »

Pffft....that's nothing! I spent 4k at the dentist last year :shock:
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Hoping its not that much but am fully expecting it to be very pricey, My Mother spent the thick end of £2k on partials earlier this year because of bad maintenance earlier in her life, I'd like to avoid that, hence the interest.