Phone time, suggestions please - sorry lol.

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Godzilla
Your Bike:

Phone time, suggestions please - sorry lol.

Post by Godzilla »

Ok, my contract is up in a couple of weeks. I'm currently with O2 and a Samsung Galaxy S3.

So questions are:

What are the tops phone choices at the moment?

Do I stick with O2 or swap to something like Virgin Media (I have TV, landline and BB with them at the moment) or swap to one of the things like Tesco Mobile (as an e.g. off the top of my head)?
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Re: Phone time, suggestions please - sorry lol.

Post by Deegee »

Depends on whether you really want a new phone, personally I had a good look round at the various deals around and decided I'd give Giffgaff a try, so far they seem ok. They run on the O2 network and 90% of problems are solved using a forum, you get something out of it if you help someone with a problem, good principle and seems to work.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Do you want a new phone? If you're happy with what you've got there are loads of really good sim only deals about.

As for phones there are loads of good ones. HTC and Samsung are at the front for android but the LG g3 is getting really good reviews if you want to try something different. Huawei are also gaining lots of support and are eating into Samsung's market but I don't know much about them
Bratty
Your Bike: Honda CB1000r

Post by Bratty »

I'm with O2 and have been for ever, most people I know with Tesco or Asda mobiles have great deals and really cheap contracts but never get the same service as you do with O2 or vodaphone etc, the mother inlaw is with Tesco and she can't make or receive calls or texts where she lives she has to wait till she's at the top of the road before she can get a reception, so IMO it's now good having a cheap contract if you can't use the thing.
I get knocked down but i get up again.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

If your going to change network make sure you go on to their site and look for the free pay as you go sim. That way you can test the network out before you commit.

I switched to a sim only contract with Vodafone and am very happy. A quick call to o2 and I got a code to unlock my phone to work on any network.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
R34PER
Your Bike: Yamaha XJ6-N

Post by R34PER »

I upgraded from the s3 to the s5 and I'm very pleased with the phone however the only reason I did this is because my gf dropped the s3 and broke the screen. If my s3 was still working I would have stuck with it but at the same time I'm not at all upset for swapping to such a good phone.
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

I have to stay with Orange/EE. No other service gets a signal where I live. And ours isn't the greatest signal.

I do find it very good coverage elsewhere and the little freebies are nice (deezer, magic numbers, 2 for 1 cinema tickets).

I had an LG phone which was very good until Kate decided it needed to go in the washing machine.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Most Android phones are now much of a muchness tbh.

I'd go with a new sim in the same phone.