The next prime minister

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Re: The next prime minister

Post by Rossgo »

D41 wrote:
countries exporting weapons typically don't sell them to their enemies, it's considered "bad form".
D - you crack me up sometimes

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Yep. The USA has always made sure their weapons end up in the right hands (lol)

Rossgo, you're right. It's a hard choice thus time round. Brexit has dominated politics for too long and it will do for at least another decade.

I don't trust a word Johnson says. He's pro European then he joined Leave. He said May's deal was terrible then comes up with something worse. He's lied to his bosses, the public, his wife, the Queen.... he's got a long history of saying one thing then doing another. I don't want him representing my country.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Rossgo wrote:Cav I didn't say you were being a nob. I have never called anyone here that. I respect everyone's views, like I have said I like people have view points if they want to argue with me then I'm absolutely fine with it as long as its fairly respectful. The occasional 'dickface' comment can be lobbed in with me not looking down at people ImageImage

My personal belief and belief from many were they were and still are a terrorist organisation who bullied their views onto people and killed innocent people and killed soldiers when soldiers weren't allowed to even protect themselves. They are terroists

Do yourself a favour and do a proper bit of history research on Ireland, why it became divided, why the IRA were formed, what part some very prominent British politicians had in feeding the hate and anger. Its certainly NOT what the Daily Mail would like you to believe..
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

Rossgo wrote:Cav I didn't say you were being a nob.
And I didn't say you did.. my comment could have been taken as me being flippant which would negate all effort I've made to keep this conversation and debate flowing nicely.. I've enjoyed this opportunity for free speech - although I still hate it when people say "I just can't vote for Corbyn" haha
duke63

Post by duke63 »

Classic - Boris is an arsehole.

https://www.indy100.com/video/news/sout ... e-YESM2mTI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

It's funny how the non tax paying Jewish controlled British media owning billionaires have turned the population against Corbyn
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Kwacky wrote:Yep. The USA has always made sure their weapons end up in the right hands (lol)
:D. I may have deviated from the straight & narrow just a skosh with that one.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

Kwacky wrote:It's funny how the non tax paying Jewish controlled British media owning billionaires have turned the population against Corbyn
I see John Bercow, a Tory jew, is on record as saying today that he has never seen Corbyn's supposed anti semitism at play and believes it's all lies.
D41

Post by D41 »

Oi vay! (facepalm)
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

duke63 wrote:
Rossgo wrote:Cav I didn't say you were being a nob. I have never called anyone here that. I respect everyone's views, like I have said I like people have view points if they want to argue with me then I'm absolutely fine with it as long as its fairly respectful. The occasional 'dickface' comment can be lobbed in with me not looking down at people ImageImage

My personal belief and belief from many were they were and still are a terrorist organisation who bullied their views onto people and killed innocent people and killed soldiers when soldiers weren't allowed to even protect themselves. They are terroists

Do yourself a favour and do a proper bit of history research on Ireland, why it became divided, why the IRA were formed, what part some very prominent British politicians had in feeding the hate and anger. Its certainly NOT what the Daily Mail would like you to believe..
Duke yes I realise. Those questions seems like you are trying to suggest that the bombings were justified

I do research. Why do people think I read the Daily mail...I don't even read the papers as, like ive stated before, its full of maybes, could bes, possibly etc etc. Never been closed off from the world situations although I stay out of certain things as I haven't got a clue but British history I have always listened about

I say things that I know from documentaries, news and from people who have experience. And even what I see

Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Cav wrote:
Rossgo wrote:Cav I didn't say you were being a nob.
And I didn't say you did.. my comment could have been taken as me being flippant which would negate all effort I've made to keep this conversation and debate flowing nicely.. I've enjoyed this opportunity for free speech - although I still hate it when people say "I just can't vote for Corbyn" haha
I wouldn't worry about it! You haven't made any comment to make the conservation not flow or change the tune. You always come across as a well mannered fella. I respect everyone's view, we can't all agree. I think some people are wrong but others think I'm wrong too, if we didn't have that then it would be the end of human thinking as we know it.

duke63

Post by duke63 »

Rossgo wrote:
duke63 wrote:

Duke yes I realise. Those questions seems like you are trying to suggest that the bombings were justified

I do research. Why do people think I read the Daily mail...I don't even read the papers as, like ive stated before, its full of maybes, could bes, possibly etc etc. Never been closed off from the world situations although I stay out of certain things as I haven't got a clue but British history I have always listened about

I say things that I know from documentaries, news and from people who have experience. And even what I see

Bombing innocent people is never justified.

However if I had soldiers patrolling my streets from a Government that i believed has no justification to rule my land, i might feel pretty angry too.

You obviously don't t know an awful lot about the history of Ireland nor the roots of what they term 'the troubles'.

Have a read about how Unionists attempted to change election results by using various different methods - PR, gerrymandering, to prevent catholics having power even in areas where they were in the majority....and then wonder why some resorted to using the bullet and the bomb to change things.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norther ... ssociation" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are lots of parts of Britush history that are quite unpalatable, to go with the achievements we can be proud of, but you are unlikely to get taught about them in schools.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Just caught up and sadly, its a very divided country and place we live in these days. Sadly there is a lot of anger inside people in every walk of life. There is very little patients and tolerance shown in modern life and that scares me as much as some of the politics tbh. We should all work a mile in someone else's shoes before we judge and then there could be a chance of a better world.

I agree with Cav and everyone will have to do their own research and make their own informed decision. What's right for one isnt for the other. We all have different wants, needs and believes but that doesnt mean our neighbours views are wrong. People might not agree but we dont need to disagree.

The only thing I will say is the IRA are murdering terrorists and that's a fact in my book.

Yes as a nation, we have alot of shit on our hands regards Ireland (and alot of other places round the globe tbh) I very much accept that, but freedom fighters dont bomb UK town centres, or any other for that matter. I live in the North West and very much remember these horrible, cowards bombing Warrington and Manchester city centres on busy Saturdays and murdering innocent civilians.

Theres a big difference between freedom fighters and terrorists in my book. Fight your oppressors, fight for freedom but dont fight and murder innocent, peaceful civilians who's only association with your oppressor is they live on the same bit of land as them. 99.9% of the civilian population around the world want peace and can respect their neighbour. Governments and their political sponsors want and instigate most wars. Fighter them but don't fight your innocent neighbour that's not freedom fighting that's cowardice and murder.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Duke I'll bring this to an end as I am aware of what the British have done around the world but the IRA are a terroist organisation, theres really no fighting that fact.

Last edited by Rossgo on 15 Nov 2019, 09:28, edited 1 time in total.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Blade you put sentences together so well. 100% agree

Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

No one is saying that the IRA aren't terrorists.

What Duke is saying is people view these terrorists differently depending on which side you're on.

In the second world war the Germans called anyone who attacked them terrorists.

Ghandi and Mandela were terrorists.

In the 80s we call the Taliban freedom fighters and gave them weapons. A couple of decades later we're calling them terrorists and we're fighting them.

That's the point Duke is making. He's not in anyway condoning the actions of the IRA, far from it. Attacking civilains is never justified. No matter what the circumstances are.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

Terrorists always have a cause. Whether their cause is justified or not is open to individual interpretation.

I would guess 100% of terrorists believe they are fighting for the freedom of themselves and their own people.

You always have to take into account who gave them the reason to believe that way.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Kwacky wrote:And while we're talking national security, the British intelligence services have refused to fully brief Johnson as they don't trust him.

And there's a report showing Johnson's dealings with Russia which he refuses to publish.
To be fair, we employ them to be suspicious mistrusting little scrotes don't we.
Kwacky wrote:No one is saying that the IRA aren't terrorists.

What Duke is saying is people view these terrorists differently depending on which side you're on.

In the second world war the Germans called anyone who attacked them terrorists.

Ghandi and Mandela were terrorists.

In the 80s we call the Taliban freedom fighters and gave them weapons. A couple of decades later we're calling them terrorists and we're fighting them.

That's the point Duke is making. He's not in anyway condoning the actions of the IRA, far from it...
Precisely.
History & the politicians get to label the winners & loosers according to the outcome.
Kwacky wrote:Attacking civilians is never justified. No matter what the circumstances are.

Except when we do it. Then it; "never happened* / was the enemy blaming us for their own atrocities* / collateral damage* "

* delete as appropriate.

D41 wrote:...countries exporting weapons typically don't sell them to their enemies, it's considered "bad form".
:x
D41

Post by D41 »

duke63 wrote:Terrorists always have a cause. Whether their cause is justified or not is open to individual interpretation.

I would guess 100% of terrorists believe they are fighting for the freedom of themselves and their own people.

You always have to take into account who gave them the reason to believe that way.
No, no, & no. Terrorists don't "fight"....exploding bombs in public places and killing innocent people isn't fighting in any sense of the word that is justifiable. How on earth does that work??......."My beliefs are more important than your life!"
It's terrorism, plain & simple...nothing more, nothing less, and the clue is in the name.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

They don’t see it that way.

And once a Government uses force to try and stop it, then you have a war.

I’m not condoning killing innocent people but to stop the problem you have to understand why they do it.

Is there any example of a terrorist group being beaten and finished off by fighting them?