What do you want to vent about today?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Re: What do you want to vent about today?

Post by D41 »

Temper, temper! (smirk)
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

I have seen enough of the inside of hospitals this year to know that the NHS is struggling to cope with the demand for its services now.

Its not just about money but also a big under staffing crisis caused by a lack of doctors and nurses, which, lets us not forget, the Government removed much of the training budget from a few years ago.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

duke63 wrote:In ten years time, US contracts and work practices will be common place in the UK if The Tories win the election. I would put money on the NHS being nothing like it is now as well. US companies are queuing up ready to be let in. That will be the end of completely free healthcare.
If they do that I would consider it theft.

I've paid a shit load of tax and full NI contributions for over 30 years if they then tell me to pay for healthcare they can get ####### (swear)
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

Blade wrote:
duke63 wrote:In ten years time, US contracts and work practices will be common place in the UK if The Tories win the election. I would put money on the NHS being nothing like it is now as well. US companies are queuing up ready to be let in. That will be the end of completely free healthcare.
If they do that I would consider it theft.

I've paid a shit load of tax and full NI contributions for over 30 years if they then tell me to pay for healthcare they can get ####### (swear)
That's exactly what they are planning to do, several current and past Tory ministers have actually written books about how to do it. It's all out there in the public domain.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Blade

Post by Blade »

Its political suicide.

They may as well dissolve the party at the same time they pull a trick like that.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

I know at least one US company has been trialled providing health services to the NHS.

In this instance, once they found what they had to do for the money, they pulled out at the end of the trial but it just shows the intent of the Government.
Monty

Post by Monty »

Blade wrote:Its political suicide.

They may as well dissolve the party at the same time they pull a trick like that.
Google it
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Blade

Post by Blade »

It's scary and I would never want the NHS sold but I've not seen anything concrete other than the US asking for free access to all markets and drug patents extending to which we've said No.

Just cos they ask doesnt mean we will oblige. If there is evidence to the contrary please share as I'm very interested.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Screenshot_20191127-200430_Chrome.jpg
Monty

Post by Monty »

**** me, google it harder!
Monty™© MCMLXXII
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Blade wrote:Its political suicide.

(shake)
Kwacky wrote:I'm convinced that the Tories could confirm they're going to sell the NHS and people will still vote for them.
There is far too much assumption of integrity by (much of) the voting public. Politics has always been infested with self-serving & duplicitous types. It's inherent to the role that it would attract them. However today's breed of "professional politicians" take bare faced brazen duplicity to previously inconceivable levels imho.

The fact that so many people have so comprehensively been sold the concept that they need a "brexit", without any valid justification whatsoever is (imho) about the most emphatic example.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Just as a side to the above, watched a good program the other day which focussed mainly on William Cecil, now there was the original spin master, i think the only difference of then and now, they managed to hack a few heads off the ones who were getting in the way of the agenda. Fascinating , I seem to be enjoying history the older I get.

Now to the vent..... Bloody M1, stayed off this for ages, but today I needed to be in Bedford and around the area... big holds ups....I knew I should have gone with my biking roads....
Blade

Post by Blade »

Monty wrote:**** me, google it harder!
But I've got you for that :P (giggle)
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

Blade.. the "taxing of millions of families" refers to the £235 tax break for married couples. I'm not being funny but I'm not going to notice £20/month.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

The £235 tax break for married couples is only relevant if one half of the couple doesn't use all their personal allowance.

I would guess that its irrelevant for 99% of people.

Even if you are entitled to it, getting HMRC to action proves to be a nightmare.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Frankie wrote:Just as a side to the above, watched a good program the other day which focussed mainly on William Cecil, now there was the original spin master, i think the only difference of then and now, they managed to hack a few heads off the ones who were getting in the way of the agenda. Fascinating , I seem to be enjoying history the older I get.....
I didn't know Cecil was a particularly adept politician. -Perhaps I should have watched it too.
I do know that he was a polarised religious zealot, who used his influence of QE1 to persecute great swathes of the UK population on the grounds that they subscribed to the "wrong type of christianity". ( f@cking religion eh?-, you couldn't make it up* (facepalm) )
From a political perspective however, his offspring did go on to become a family of politicians, including Prime Ministers.

* Except, of course, that's exactly what it is.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Twats that change course to drive right at you because they think you shouldn't be there.

The shit weather.

The epically shit pinlocks that HJC supply with their helmets. I've been through 2 of the expensive ones now at £40 each. The journey home tonight, the was so much moisture on the pinlock surface I had to ride the last 6 miles with the visor open in the pissing rain. I'm never buying another HJC!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

StMarks wrote:
Frankie wrote:Just as a side to the above, watched a good program the other day which focussed mainly on William Cecil, now there was the original spin master, i think the only difference of then and now, they managed to hack a few heads off the ones who were getting in the way of the agenda. Fascinating , I seem to be enjoying history the older I get.....
I didn't know Cecil was a particularly adept politician. -Perhaps I should have watched it too.
I do know that he was a polarised religious zealot, who used his influence of QE1 to persecute great swathes of the UK population on the grounds that they subscribed to the "wrong type of christianity". ( f@cking religion eh?-, you couldn't make it up* (facepalm) )
From a political perspective however, his offspring did go on to become a family of politicians, including Prime Ministers.

* Except, of course, that's exactly what it is.
Well worth a watch St Marks, he was more the head spy, but being back in those days he was the jack of all trades in making people do what he wanted, including QE1, considering most of Europe was Catholic he was fighting all, Mainly the Spanish, printing fake news back in the day, well he owned the printing press lol.... a very clever, devious man, and yes his son was being trained from an early age to take over the family business, and was even more ruthless and cunning, as you say he went onto to even bigger things.
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

Works managers, they appear to be having a meeting to discuss a meeting to arrange another meeting, something is brewing, and the rest of us are being treated like mushrooms (Kept in the dark and fed manure). And can only get to see them by chance, or for a disciplinary.

I have been trying to move June's holiday back a week for a trip to the IOM with some friendly nutters but have resorted to leaving a bit of paperwork on his desk, still have to corner the fella to get an answer in good time.
Usually they have holidays planned out 2 years in advance, at the moment anything beyond April is being treated as a secret and I only know mine because I asked repeatedly.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Stonesie wrote:Works managers, they appear to be having a meeting to discuss a meeting to arrange another meeting, something is brewing, and the rest of us are being treated like mushrooms (Kept in the dark and fed manure). And can only get to see them by chance, or for a disciplinary.

I have been trying to move June's holiday back a week for a trip to the IOM with some friendly nutters but have resorted to leaving a bit of paperwork on his desk, still have to corner the fella to get an answer in good time.
Usually they have holidays planned out 2 years in advance, at the moment anything beyond April is being treated as a secret and I only know mine because I asked repeatedly.
Do they happen to employ people on a contract basis per chance?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti