Waterproof textiles

The news and your views about biking
TonyB
Your Bike: Tiger 800XC, Honda CB500

Re: Waterproof textiles

Post by TonyB »

That's the reason I got them, they're thin enough that you don't lose the dexterity like you do in big thick winter gloves.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Blade wrote:Is that the one you have Duke ? What model of air n dry is it called do you know. Can't seem to find it anyway but sounds like exactly what I need and I know your really happy with your pair. I can't even find the Held manufacturers own website.
These are their goretex race gloves.

http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcy ... rod/111402" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

These are the Air & Dry that I have.

http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcy ... prod/99470" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Thanks Duke great info as always.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

I bought textile trousers for the first time When I started to ride the bike to work and commute on it, they were the best thing ever, three layers which you can unzip and take out, it's like putting yourself in a sleeping bag, fantastic bit of kit.

Used a few times in full on wet weather riding worst one was a day's run into BMW park lane it totally hammered down and was horrible riding, but stayed dry completely, they are the RST ones, not the Most expensive but very capable, comfy, warm and dry.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Is that what you wore in Wales on the rideout Frankie ? Looked a great suit and was a much better choice that day than leathers.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

I need a new textile jacket. That buffalo may be a good shot as I don't like the idea of paying big money for something that only gets used through the winter months (so only around 11 months of the year!!) Haha!
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Blade wrote:Is that what you wore in Wales on the rideout Frankie ? Looked a great suit and was a much better choice that day than leathers.
Yeah thats the ones, it was only the trousers the jacket is an old one, not RST. the trousers are the RST Pro series textiles, very good warm and dry for sure.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Cheers Frankie I'll have a look at them.
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

My Frank Thomas textiles have been very good over the years, my first set managed 6 years of commuting around London without a single leak. The set I have now have only leaked once but to be fair to them the rain was so heavy it was bouncing off the road to waist height. So heavy in fact I had to pull over as I couldn't actually see the road.
Monty™© MCMLXXII