Am I going to regret buying Chinese parts ????

The news and your views about biking
Zx10dale
Your Bike: 2008 R1

Re: Am I going to regret buying Chinese parts ????

Post by Zx10dale »

Kwacky wrote:The seat cowls fly off on a regular basis. I think the problem has been solved now but there are loads of posts about it.

As for that youtube clip of the seat cowl that doesn't look like it copies the OEM part. If you get one the same shape as the official part it should fit.
LOL, I didn't know that , thanks (y)
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Same as Kwacky, I wouldn't buy discs or pads from china, but everything else seems pretty good..

I've got a fairing kit which came from neverland. They quality is pretty good, but there are a few weak points that have snapped. The old advice of bonding up on fairing tabs still stands with the kits. I have dropped the bike in the gravel at donnington and the fairing stood up well to the experience, I managed to polish out all but the worst of the scratches, the surprising bit was that I could get two replacement panels shipped to the UK for £100..

I'll also recommend neverland for their communication, they consistently respond to questions via email very quickly (if you remember the timezone difference)

I have also got a set of chinese levers which I'm very happy with, I've got my eye on the same set of levers for the track bike (when Mrs Nutz isn't looking ;) )
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

That OE pic didn't exactly look a tight fit either.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

No your right D6. Just looked at an OEM in a dealers today and there not the best fit although no where near as shocking as the chinese copy in the link.
Zx10dale

Post by Zx10dale »

I can now answer the original question set by this thread ! I have to say that the experience is very positive ! The frame sliders are of the highest quality I have seen and very robust. Same goes for front axel and swing arm sliders, can't fault quality on any item all at a fraction of UK sourced goods. Delivery was 2 weeks, can't complain at that. I also took a punt on a rear hugger pre- painted. I haven't fitted yet but quality of paint finish is excellent and for £ 17 , wow ! Of course all these are fairly simple items, but the experience and cost savings is all very positive !!
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

If the prices are decent it's worth a gamble.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Sounds good Dale, nice one mate.

Look forward to seeing all the new kit on a rideout, hopefully very soon, I'm itching to get out.
Zx10dale

Post by Zx10dale »

Blade wrote:Sounds good Dale, nice one mate.

Look forward to seeing all the new kit on a rideout, hopefully very soon, I'm itching to get out.
Me too, that why I am in buying mode its a kind of substitution to keep thinking bike but without actually riding one !! weird but true !!!
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Post by rocket »

Still think its hit and miss ive been lucky and most of the parts have been good , mate has recently got a radiator for his cr250 and in his words its Shity and does not hold water. However he has had them for his other bikes and they have been very good.
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Good news..

The only thing I would offer from experience is, have a look at the mounting points on the hugger. Even if they just take a couple of bolts it's worth sticking a little bit of resin or fiberglass on the underside. My hugger has cracked at the mounting points, but for what it would cost to repair it I would just buy a new one at some point.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti