What are you doing today ??

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Re: What are you doing today ??

Post by Rossgo »

Came in this morning after a long weekend off and realised I didn't prepare enough so had to rearrange my whole schedule due to missing one part. Been a crap day so far.
Wondering now if it will get worse as I am waiting for a phone call from my car insurance to tell me whether I will have to pay 60 odd quid more due to them having to change my driving license date. Can't see how they got it messed up as I rang up to insure it, now I'm waiting whether I said the wrong date or if they wrote the wrong date down!
Hopefully it's a mistake on their side! Therefore I will make them change it for free!
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Rossgo wrote:....Hopefully it's a mistake on their side! Therefore I will make them change it for free!
:? I wonder; Do you think they really record all the conversations.?
I guess we're going to find out soon mate.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Well they didn't ring me even when they promised they would. However they said they had listened to the conversation and apparently the information was 9 years. They urmed and are ed whether I said if or if the salesman. So I asked the customer service guy whether I the salemans asked for my actual lisence date. At which point he said they will listen to it again. I had a go saying why would someone listen to a call without writing the key facts that they need to know to even answer a simple question. Muppets! They must of thought I am a push over. So I told them I want emailed to me the actual transcript of the said phone call. They have agreed and said yes to this. We're see tomorrow they have up to 12pm haha
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Spent the day sorting out the fixings and tools etc in the back of the new motor, 6hrs spent working in a ceiling height of less than 4ft has left me with an aching back that really wants a hot shower and a comfy bed to sort it out, that'll be happening in a very short while.

As I've mentioned previously my game has a fairly small pool of people within it in the UK, I'm off to Mitcham tomorrow to help a colleague that has worked for two different companies but has always been the "opposition" in both companies, so for the first time in 20yrs we're on the same side, the daft thing is we're actually good friends despite previously being in competition. Breakfast will be on me I think. :)
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Yesterday - What fun trying to get out of a car park (very wet field) after an excellent firework show... It would have been ok if it was not for the bmw's all getting stuck... bloody nightmare and a very long night....

Poor show for the organisation!!
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

I'll be doing a Remembrance Parade today. Was too busy working on Sunday to catch the stuff on TV so it'll be good to get involved with things out here today.
Bratty
Your Bike: Honda CB1000r

Post by Bratty »

Another shitty day at work for me, let's hope we have all our staff in !!
Had email off Powerbronze saying my bellypan is on its way since September so if I get a day off tomorrow I may have a go at that.
I get knocked down but i get up again.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Happy!

Have a comedy show tonite and some new stuff to try that I've been working on.....nowt as good as that "big pussy" joke....that one actually got me a round of applause in the middle of my set, and I've never seen that before....it has cemented my relationship with my fellow comics....they were kinda "Is this guy serious, he's so off the wall??"....now they're starting to copy my stuff!

I'll post footage along with pics of my imaginary girlfriend.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Celebrating a massive result in a case.

You know you've done well when they accept about 2% of what they said the claim was worth then you tell them they owe you 3 times that in the costs you've wasted.
D41

Post by D41 »

Well done!!
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Very much a team effort on this one. Lots of people involved all playing their part.
Deegee

Post by Deegee »

Love it when a team effort works and the boss isn't trying to cream it for himself, gives a warm glow that puts a smile on people's faces and makes turning up a lot less of a chore.

Today was supposed to be a learning day, I learnt that nothing has changed in 18months regarding the stupidly long hours my job sometimes insists on and that London traffic is the inverse of house prices, it will always get worse, I'm hoping for some traffic neg eq in the near future.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Deegee wrote:.....and that London traffic is the inverse of house prices, it will always get worse, I'm hoping for some traffic neg eq in the near future.
I'm reading that as; your meeting with your long term opposite number was "uninspiring". :(

Oh well, tomorrow's another day.
Deegee

Post by Deegee »

No quite the opposite tbh, it was great catching up, but today's job went wrong for him, I pitched in to help and an easy 8hr day turned into a hard 13hr day for both of us, customer is happy though which is the main thing.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Blade wrote:Another course on gas compressors this time its on a particular type of surge controller, so another exciting day for me.

Only bonus is its in London so booked to go to Goodman's steak house again, and going to have the wagyu beef tonight, can't wait.
That sounds so much more interesting than the course I'm doing in Perth at the mo' a Blade. I'm doing Health and Safety Rep training (4 days) with NOPSEMA (national offshore petroleum safety and environmental management association) so rivetting |-)

Good news is I've got ex She'll workmates working over here that I'm catching up with most nights.

Gotta love changing time zones by three hours just after coming off nights too. Thank God gor earplugs and sleeping tablets.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

kiwikrasher wrote:
Blade wrote:Another course on gas compressors this time its on a particular type of surge controller, so another exciting day for me.

Only bonus is its in London so booked to go to Goodman's steak house again, and going to have the wagyu beef tonight, can't wait.
That sounds so much more interesting than the course I'm doing in Perth at the mo' a Blade. I'm doing Health and Safety Rep training (4 days) with NOPSEMA (national offshore petroleum safety and environmental management association) so rivetting |-)

Good news is I've got ex She'll workmates working over here that I'm catching up with most nights.

Gotta love changing time zones by three hours just after coming off nights too. Thank God gor earplugs and sleeping tablets.
You think you guys got it bad, I'm at Edinburgh Uni for an 8 hour workshop on future Scottish district heat network regulation!
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Outcome on insurance for a transcript the company would charge me 10 quid or just now pay 10 quid to change my license length. Feel slightly cheated but hell it's only 10 quid to change the license length so opted for that!
D41

Post by D41 »

Same thing as yesterday, just lay in bed on benefits. :D
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Spending almost 2 hours trying to get into work. Took the car today as I have to pick my son up later on. (headbang)
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Sulking for being told off because i was late for work,the traffic this morning was terrible