What are you doing today ??

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Re: What are you doing today ??

Post by duke63 »

Piss poor match, we didn’t turn up.

Top level Premier League football is not about supporting your team though. For many it’s just turning up to an event.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Out camping. Fecking 8 month drought and it had to rain while we were setting up camp (lol)

Down at a camp ground on the Hawkesbury river. Nice spot and has already had fires through the area so pretty safe. Thankfully the bush close by is unburnt for about a km so still looks lush from the camp.
A490D327-75A5-4B3C-9C84-08E887AFA3C2.jpeg
G’n’T’s in enamel mugs, sitting under the annex listening to music...... perfect.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Nice little setup that Kiwi - enjoy your break - you deserve it after the stress of the last few weeks.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Failing at trying to get an 8 year old dressed , washed and off fortnite :(
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

Just ordered a Givi tank bag and fitting kit from Sportsbikeshop and about to go and help a friend take a few bits off her bike ready for trading it in for a Z900.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Perkles wrote:Failing at trying to get an 8 year old dressed , washed and off fortnite :(
Sounds like my world. Feel your pain (facepalm)
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

D - finished this the other night. Haven't been on for a while now so haven't read all the posts here! But here it is, matt clear coat applied in the flesh it does look matt!

A few mistakes but it's good enough as a testing model to see where my skill is again. ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

That looks fantastic!!

.......Although if I were being super-picky, I'd mention that the propeller cap is supposed to the same colour as the pale-green whitish band on the fuselage. I "think" that's how they did them, but I'm not certain, so don't quote me on it.

10 out of 10, though....looks epic.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

D41 wrote:That looks fantastic!!

.......Although if I were being super-picky, I'd mention that the propeller cap is supposed to the same colour as the pale-green whitish band on the fuselage. I "think" that's how they did them, but I'm not certain, so don't quote me on it.

10 out of 10, though....looks epic.
Long post incoming!

You are correct its suppose to be the same colour as the underside! I've made a few mistakes a long the way on this model I'll be the first to admit it. It's not accurate but it was more for getting an idea of how well the parts fit together, how good is the glue now, what the paints are like in today's world, how good filler is now, what my actual talent at the moment is like etc etc.

I will say the model pieces fit together alot better now with very little filler needed to be used, glue had come on a long way now - a drip is really all you need (back when I used to do it I would need what felt like a bottle per model!), filler is better quality although I should of let it dry for longer, paints have now moved to water based Arcylics used to use enamels exclusively but the acrylics I have used aren't great for airbrushing so I would need to find a different brand of paint and my talent isnt too bad although I seem to have very shakey hands and find pin point accuracy very hard now.

Think my airbrush has had it may pick up a cheap one for fine details as I've found my Aztec (15+ years old now) is on it's way out and the trigger is no longer as responsive.

Need a second model now for another practice with different paints then may take a crack at a 13 year old massive model ship I've had up in the loft!

kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Blade wrote:
Perkles wrote:Failing at trying to get an 8 year old dressed , washed and off fortnite :(
Sounds like my world. Feel your pain (facepalm)
Go into your modem settings and block individual devices. As far as the kids are concerned we have the most unreliable internet connection (lol)

But the best thing is a set time limit. Byron gets 1 hour a day on Fortnite. If he contravenes that he loses a day. He sets a timer on his phone now and is always off before the hour is out. Was a hard few days cementing the rule but it pays off now.

I’ve also banned electronics between 9am and 4pm while they are on school holidays. The afternoon window is dependant on behaviour and helpfulness through the day. Same thing, had a rocky 2 days while they settled into the rule and tried to argue with me, but since then I’ve had engaged, active kids and they now view electronics time as a privilege to earn rather than a right I’m then taking away.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Rossgo wrote:D - finished this the other night. Haven't been on for a while now so haven't read all the posts here! But here it is, matt clear coat applied in the flesh it does look matt!

A few mistakes but it's good enough as a testing model to see where my skill is again. ImageImageImageImage

That looks good, I have to say I never had the patience to finish off the details when I was a kid. Build them, paint them, throw them out of the window to see how they would fly, then stage crash scenes, normally with fire and try and take a photo (giggle) I think a phyciatrist would have a field day trying to understand my childhood mind (wasntme)
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Frankie wrote:
Rossgo wrote:D - finished this the other night. Haven't been on for a while now so haven't read all the posts here! But here it is, matt clear coat applied in the flesh it does look matt!

That looks good, I have to say I never had the patience to finish off the details when I was a kid. Build them, paint them, throw them out of the window to see how they would fly, then stage crash scenes, normally with fire and try and take a photo (giggle) I think a phyciatrist would have a field day trying to understand my childhood mind (wasntme)
ImageImage yea I understand thats the fun bit lol but I enjoyed the whole process to be honest. It's quite therapeutic relaxing and adding the details etc.

Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Just booked into the RST race department to get a custom made to measure one piece suit for this year
I am really excited about it :)
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Just packed up the camper and stopped at the first pub for a cider. Starting tomorrow there is 6 days of thunderstorms and heavy rain forecast so we cut the camping short a day.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Perkles wrote:Just booked into the RST race department to get a custom made to measure one piece suit for this year
Perkles - do you personally need to have a racing licence to be able to get a made to measure suit from RST? Enjoy when you get the suit and let us know how it fits and also some pics of what it looks like please

Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Rossgo wrote:
Perkles wrote:Just booked into the RST race department to get a custom made to measure one piece suit for this year
Perkles - do you personally need to have a racing licence to be able to get a made to measure suit from RST? Enjoy when you get the suit and let us know how it fits and also some pics of what it looks like please

I don’t know mate but I am good friends with the owner
I will ask when I go in to be measured
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Perkles wrote:
Rossgo wrote:

I don’t know mate but I am good friends with the owner
I will ask when I go in to be measured
Brilliant yes please bud. They do make good suits. I've owned a off the leg suit for 7 or 8 years now and still goes strong. Let us know how you get on

C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

Just dropped off youngest dog (our little girl) for her sterilisation op. ;(

I hate these days, necessary but poor thing (h)
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

She's young and healthy so recovery shouldn't take too long. Bella seemed fine after a couple of days.

She'll soon be back on her feet terrorising Ori :D
C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

Kwacky wrote:She's young and healthy so recovery shouldn't take too long. Bella seemed fine after a couple of days.

She'll soon be back on her feet terrorising Ori :D
I know, it's quite calm here today :D