Ethanol

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Re: Ethanol

Post by kiwikrasher »

C00kiemonster wrote:
duke63 wrote:Interesting articl here in What Car magazine.

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/new-e10 ... ts/1229022
Interesting that.

There is loads of E10 already in France but it's next to normal 95 and super 98 not a replacement.
Thats how it is here too Cookie, it replaced 91RON as the economy fuel and the premium blends are still ethanol free. I'm sure that the UK do will the same because there are far too many vehicles that just can't use it. The biggest grumble Down Under was all the people that had cars that were rated for 91RON but weren't E10 suitable were forced to pay for premium fuels that they didn't really need to use.

Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Godzilla
Your Bike:

Post by Godzilla »

Blade wrote:
Godzilla wrote:So its not added to higher RON petrol? AKA SuperPus? Ok thats in my bike now.

Car is Diesel.

Problem over for me :)
Is that correct ? cos I m in the same boat as you and will just have to fill the bike up with the expensive stuff.
I think so, or maybe thats more a case of 'hope' so lol.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

E10 (i.e 10% ethanol fuel) will be marked on the pump.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

yes just read this in the What Car article:

You’ll also be able to spot E10 thanks to legislation requiring pumps dispensing petrol with more than 5% ethanol to be labelled: ‘UNLEADED PETROL 95 E10 Not suitable for all vehicles: consult vehicle manufacturer before use. BS EN 228’. - See more at: http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/new-e10 ... gmW0X.dpuf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

it also states,

Retailers selling three million litres or more must offer E10 unleaded and E5 super-unleaded until January 2017. - See more at: http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/new-e10 ... gmW0X.dpuf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Not being a car fan, it's just a means to get from A to B for me, problems such as the ethanol issue and increased depreciation of cars not designed for it, plus increased fuel costs are pushing me further and further towards an Electric car, I tested one not long ago and tbh I couldn't find any valid reasons for staying with liquid fuels other than the occasional one-off long trip.
Rob
Your Bike: Daytona 650, Kawasaki ZX10r

Post by Rob »

Kwacky wrote:I think I'll switch to the super unleaded for the bike.

Yep, thats the only way I reckon. And in the grand scheme of things, super unleaded is usually only 5 pence or so a litre more so over 50 litres its an extra £2.50

Ive been user super unleaded on the bike and car for a while now, ever since there was the issue with shit fuel doing rounds in the local supermarkets & petrol stations.