Frustrating for the Police

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Frustrating for the Police

Post by Kwacky »

I saw this on the news this morning. The BBC were interviewing the police officers who investigated this man. All of the coppers were convinced they had enough evidence to bring a case against this terrorist. The CPS disagreed.

He then gets shipped to the US who find him guilty.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ma ... r-31738840

A former detective who investigated a plot to blow up a Manchester shopping centre said lives were put at risk by a failure to prosecute in the UK.

Retired Det Ch Insp Allan Donoghue said the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) was wrong not to charge Abid Naseer with planning a terrorist attack.

Naseer, 28, was found guilty by a US court on Wednesday of being part of a trans-Atlantic al-Qaeda conspiracy.

The CPS said that evidence was admissible but was "very limited".

Naseer had been arrested in Manchester in 2009 during a series of raids by counter terrorism police as part of Operation Pathway.

But the CPS decided not to charge the Pakistani national and, after an attempt to deport him failed, he was allowed back on to the streets.

I wonder how often this goes on?
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Re: Frustrating for the Police

Post by C00kiemonster »

Loads I reckon. Good job he's retired to spill the beans.
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Re: Frustrating for the Police

Post by Deegee »

It's not the first time I've heard this about the CPS, friends of ours had part of their patio ripped up while they were out, it was good stone as well and wasn't cheap; they also found a load of plasterers kit in their garden at the same time and rightly surmised a plasterers van had been nicked to transport the stolen stone away.

The Police stopped said van as it was overloaded and on false plates and arrested the two occupants, the stone was confirmed as our friends and the plasterer confirmed the kit was his along with the van, however the CPS refused to prosecute as there wasn't a witness to the occupants stealing the patio and wouldn't entertain the "In possession of stolen goods" either, despite the coppers catching them red handed and charging them with it.

To say that the Police, the plasterer and our friends were all left spitting feathers would be a gross understatement. I really do wonder if cases like this indicate that the CPS is not fit for purpose at present?