What are you doing today ??

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Re: What are you doing today ??

Post by Blade »

Good luck Mrs Rocket (y)
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

seconded.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Good luck to her mate
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Post by rocket »

Cheers guys just got a report and it sounds like it has gone well. Fingers crossed
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

rocket wrote:Cheers guys just got a report and it sounds like it has gone well. Fingers crossed
Hopefully this time next year you'll be a "kept man". ;)

(Like Kwacky & Ms Lloyd (giggle) )
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

got an update training session

deep joy
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Spent the morning in Perry Barr confirming someone's ineptitude, sadly as this is a repeat offence his Boss gets billed £500 to cover our costs. Not pleasant having to tell him either.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Kwacky wrote:got an update training session

deep joy
What is that??

That strikes a nerve with me.....my trade, flooring....in particular carpet....there's no structure to it any more....the old ways of "the trade" have long gone....I am/was about the only one left who stuck to the routine - if I ever got more than a tape measure & a razor-knife out of my toolbox, it was because I was feeling generous.....I'd be what we used to call a "cut-man".
But I've had some of the workshops, and even the mills, approach me several times to give a "class". Hey, they sound good......$1000 for a morning's work ain't bad.....but am I really going to give up 'tricks-of-the-trade' that took me over 25 years to learn??....I don't fecking think so!! No-one knows how to 'flex-trim', how to sew, or match a floating staircase.....half these feckers don't even know how to 'run a row'.....one of our simplest tricks.....think I'm giving all that up for a grand....not bloody likely, 'cos all that does is price me even more out of a job.

Know how much I was making in '89?......$3.00yd.....in 2013.....$3.00yd.....it's all immigrant labor that have lowballed us, and TBH I don't begrudge them, but I ain't teaching them.

Rant over.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

It's where we're told stuff we already know or stuff we need to be told about but will never use or apply.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Expanding the home wifi network using TP-Link power line adapters to get the tinterweb on the bedroom telly :?

Thinks crossed as if it doesn't need hitting with a spanner or oil adding its not really my bag (giggle)
Blade

Post by Blade »

Well that went surprisingly well to be fair.

Very unusually for me and electrickery I just plugged it all in and it just worked first time, all without and swearing or blaming the missus that its all her fault (blush) Happy days (y)
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Bloody partner woke me up by snoozing her alarm 3 bloody times. Annoyed isn't the word. I wake up every morning at 0450 and I jump straight out of bed so I don't wake her etc! I'm surprised at the moment as she has now decided to do the decent thing and not turn Don our bedroom light like how she would do normally so she can brush her hair etc! Lol
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I'm dying of man flu
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

All the cleaning and hoovering then spent 30 mins trying to find the right fabric for a school project...lots of rolls around the shop and all that time I still didn't have a clue what I was trying to find! Now under the blanket watching a film called the first kid. Got to go to pick up my partner in 30 mins then go to sports direct.
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

D41 wrote:

deep joy
What is that??

That strikes a nerve with me.....my trade, flooring....in particular carpet....there's no structure to it any more....the old ways of "the trade" have long gone....I am/was about the only one left who stuck to the routine - if I ever got more than a tape measure & a razor-knife out of my toolbox, it was because I was feeling generous.....I'd be what we used to call a "cut-man".
But I've had some of the workshops, and even the mills, approach me several times to give a "class". Hey, they sound good......$1000 for a morning's work ain't bad.....but am I really going to give up 'tricks-of-the-trade' that took me over 25 years to learn??....I don't fecking think so!! No-one knows how to 'flex-trim', how to sew, or match a floating staircase.....half these feckers don't even know how to 'run a row'.....one of our simplest tricks.....think I'm giving all that up for a grand....not bloody likely, 'cos all that does is price me even more out of a job.

Know how much I was making in '89?......$3.00yd.....in 2013.....$3.00yd.....it's all immigrant labor that have lowballed us, and TBH I don't begrudge them, but I ain't teaching them.

Rant over.
When you come back can you do my stairs and landings? 3 bucks a yard sounds pretty tempting.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Booked and paid for tickets to NZ in March, and paid for the 10 hire on the Mulristrata.

Rang around relatives and friends and managed to line everyone up on the days I had planned out on the trip plan. Only paying two night accommodation the whole trip.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Monty wrote:
D41 wrote:

deep joy
What is that??

Rant over.
When you come back can you do my stairs and landings? 3 bucks a yard sounds pretty tempting.
There's a stair charge....it'll be more for you!!

Seriously....I'm not bragging nor nowt.....I'm known for stairs. My old boss (RIP) was a smart guy in some ways.....he figured there's $80 or so in a normal flight, and if he could teach me that he was quids in.

Funny the way that stuff works.....he started me at $80 a day.....when he quit, I was paying him $250 a day.
I took his business.....he was good at flooring, but a dreadful businessman, and very headstrong.....also a very funny fecker in his own way.

Innit funny though.....I spent a long time building a strong rep. in my trade....I even won a couple of awards for customer service.....but it doesn't take that long before the phones stop ringing....
Blade

Post by Blade »

Can you drop a few flyers or make some advertisement's ? I hope thing pick up soon may be its just because its January and funds are tight after Xmas. Hopefully things turn around once everyone nhas been paidnat the end of the month.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Bloody cat got stuck up the tree...guess who needed to coach her back down
I wonder what she was trying to get at?!?!!
Si.
Your Bike: fireblade

Post by Si. »

Had a big shopping spree for summer clothes ready for out trip to NYC in August.

Great bargains this time of year on summer gear!