The next prime minister

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Re: The next prime minister

Post by Blade »

Tbh I dont believe some of what you have written is true and to be fair you have said before you will write something on the basis people will blindly believe it.

Show me a party that will change the above comments you make? It's ok bashing something but offer a alternative solution the Tories are not to blame for everything.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Fwiw I don't see any claims in those observations Kwacky has listed that he could not support.?

However I'm also not confident that any other party will address all the concerns that we have. As the Tories have been in power for almost a decade now, it is difficult to know what a change in political leadership would achieve. But if you feel things could do to change, then you can be fairly sure that voting for the same leadership is unlikely to make that change.

What also is rather telling imho, and wasn't included in Kwacky's list, is that traditionally most Solicitors & Accountants would have been devout Tory voters.?
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

They are to blame for the last ten years. They have had all the power to change things, no one else has.

The changes they have done have made Britain a worse place to live for the majority, not a better one.

I wouldn't disagree that what takes its place might not be particularly better, but it think its fair to say that there is a high proportion want to see a change in direction.

The richest are getting richer and more powerful and the majority are either no better off or worse off and having to work harder and longer for no reward.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Blade wrote:Tbh I dont believe some of what you have written is true and to be fair you have said before you will write something on the basis people will blindly believe it.

Show me a party that will change the above comments you make? It's ok bashing something but offer a alternative solution the Tories are not to blame for everything.
So you're calling me a liar?

Pick something I've said and show me where I'm lying.

Or check for yourself - https://fullfact.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - knock yourself out.

In the meantime I'm happy to help you with your research.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/heal ... 61806.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 17001.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.nao.org.uk/report/homelessness/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/british- ... ay.384512/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Blade

Post by Blade »

I m not trying to change opinion just expressing mine.

I can understand alot of blame being laid at the Tories front door, but being fair it's not all of their making and would others, have actually done any better given what they realistically had to work with?

We arent going to get our cake and eat it, that's a grim reality. We have to decide which party represents our personal views and offers the best solutions going forward.

Dont dismiss the Tories, if the alternatives are worse is all I'm saying. That's not saying vote for them. That's listen unbiased to what they are saying today and make your own mind up on a way forward. Dotn be influenced by the past it wont change the future.

Maybe read the Tory manifesto they are offering change.
Last edited by Blade on 21 Nov 2019, 10:38, edited 3 times in total.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Kwacky wrote:
Blade wrote:Tbh I dont believe some of what you have written is true and to be fair you have said before you will write something on the basis people will blindly believe it.

So you're calling me a liar?

Pick something I've said and show me where I'm lying.

Or check for yourself - https://fullfact.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - knock yourself out.

In the meantime I'm happy to help you with your research.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/heal ... 61806.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 17001.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.nao.org.uk/report/homelessness/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/british- ... ay.384512/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Again putting words in my mouth. I've not called you a liar, I've repeated what you have told me in the past, nothing more.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

The Tories are being blamed because they are to blame. They've been in power for 9 years.

If you're happy with their track record and you want to put your trust in a man who has lied to the nation to his wife, to his boss, to his employers and to the Queen then go for it.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Blade wrote:
Again putting words in my mouth. I've not called you a liar, I've repeated what you have told me in the past, nothing more.

Isn't the definition of a lie a deliberate untruth?

Isn't someone who tells a lie a liar?
Blade

Post by Blade »

I'm looking forward not backwards.

Its not popular on here, but I have my own view and the Tories current manifesto represents me personally the best. I'm happy and comfortable with that. There not perfect and I wont get everything I want, but they offer the best solutions to what I want in areas that are achievable.

I m happy to listen to better solutions, but bashing the past adds no value to me. Telling me I'm wrong, will only make me feel I'm more right. Suggest better solutions and I'll listen gladly.

You cant change my opinion by insisting I'm wrong, you have to show me how the alternative is a better option. The blame game adds nothing.

Tell me where the better alternative is and I will sincerely and gladly listen.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Kwacky wrote:
Blade wrote:

Isn't the definition of a lie a deliberate untruth?

Isn't someone who tells a lie a liar?
You can argue the point, but I dont wish to argue.

I've repeated what you've told me nothing more.

For the record I dont think your a liar at all. I just dont believe all of what you've written is truly accurate and in saying that I'm not intending any offence we just see things differently.
Last edited by Blade on 22 Nov 2019, 08:29, edited 3 times in total.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Can our current prime minister do basic maths? Or even understand the impact of his policies?

It would seem not...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/50496609" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Blade

Post by Blade »

D6Nutz wrote:Can our current prime minister do basic maths? Or even understand the impact of his policies?

It would seem not...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/50496609" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Haha (giggle) accepted that's true and a dick comment by Boris.

Very poor performance and school boy error, fair point (facepalm)
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

This is depressing

Still, i guess thousands of people are happy to see the rest of the country suffer provided they're ok.

duke63

Post by duke63 »

We are getting close to the point (like the USA) where if young people want to own their own home they will need to do two jobs to pay for it.

Rents cost more than a mortgage but the system refuses to lend to those same people saying they don’t earn enough. The system would prefer they pay more in rent to fund the buy to let market.

It will collapse eventually.
Blade

Post by Blade »

I agree and would love a meaningful wage rise. In the last 10 years I havent had more than 1% increase in any one year and many years I've had NO increase at all. Fully agree we should at least have inflation to stay level.

Regards the NHS, 40 new hopsitals, massive cash injection and 6000 more GP's and 6000 nurses sounds good to me.
Screenshot_20191120-221101_Samsung Internet.jpg
Regards council spending. I'm equally furious about this,
but dont believe its national governments fault in every instance. My Council ward is Labour and always has been. They have nearly £180 million their sitting on, £40 million of which is cash so available to spend / invest with today. Please let me know why there are cuts in council services when this labour council is cash rich, I really want to know.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

StMarks wrote:
What also is rather telling imho, and wasn't included in Kwacky's list, is that traditionally most Solicitors & Accountants would have been devout Tory voters.?
Most???? That's not strictly accurate.....many lean towards the Right to be sure, but most appear to be just left-of-centre, with a disparity of almost exactly a 2:1 ratio (65%, according to a 2017 Harvard study).
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

In its latest announcement the government has committed the money to upgrade six hospitals by 2025. Up to 38 other hospitals have received money to plan for building work between 2025 and 2030, but not to actually begin any work.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50240221" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 25101.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NHS funding increases are usually 4% per annum. The £20.5b is less than this.

Former health secretary Jeremy Hunt made a pledge in 2015 to increase the GP workforce by 5,000 by 2020. However, since then, the number of GPs has decreased.

BMA GP committee chair Dr Richard Vautrey said: ’The ongoing workforce crisis means patients are waiting far too long for appointments and GPs remain under intolerable pressure to be able to provide safe and sustained care. The Conservative’s commitments to deliver more GPs through additional training places is therefore encouraging. However, a previous Conservative pledge to deliver 5,000 GPs by 2020 has fallen way short of its target, and the number of GPs we have has continued to dwindle. So, we wait with some trepidation to see if this latest promise can deliver.

The volume and intensity of GP workloads is driving many to either reduce their hours or leave the profession altogether. While more GPs than ever are being trained, overall GP numbers are falling, with six per cent fewer full time equivalent GPs in September 2018 than in 2015.’

Have you got a link to the Labour Council issue you've mentioned?
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

D41 wrote:
StMarks wrote:
Most???? That's not strictly accurate.....many lean towards the Right to be sure, but most appear to be just left-of-centre, with a disparity of almost exactly a 2:1 ratio (65%, according to a 2017 Harvard study).
Contrary to popular opinion there aren't that many money mad people in the legal profession. Most of the people I've met over the years have a sense of social justice and a general sympathy and compassion towards the wider society. A lot are like me, hovering around the centre of the political spectrum.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

Blade wrote:I agree and would love a meaningful wage rise. In the last 10 years I havent had more than 1% increase in any one year and many years I've had NO increase at all. Fully agree we should at least have inflation to stay level.

Regards the NHS, 40 new hopsitals, massive cash injection and 6000 more GP's and 6000 nurses sounds good to me.
Screenshot_20191120-221101_Samsung Internet.jpg
Regards council spending. I'm equally furious about this,
but dont believe its national governments fault in every instance. My Council ward is Labour and always has been. They have nearly £180 million their sitting on, £40 million of which is cash so available to spend / invest with today. Please let me know why there are cuts in council services when this labour council is cash rich, I really want to know.
Because any entity that used up all its cash reserves now would struggle to survive more than a few years.

I worked with a charity in Brum for a number of years and that accusation was always aimed at them but without cash reserves or access to them and being able to fund them, no business is viable.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

A council is totally reliant on Government funding for its income. Central Government is notorious for squeezing councils of the opposite political spectrum. That’s why they have to keep relatively large cash reserves. Imagine if councils had to close schools one day a week because they could not afford to keep them open?