Do you remember your first ride?

The news and your views about biking
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Re: Do you remember your first ride?

Post by Frankie »

Nope, some old slapper at the youth club, during a drunken fumble........oh wait ! Bikes I will come back to that later
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

First "Proper ride" was on my GS750, I'd bought it in London and rode it back in company with the mate that driven me up there to pick it up, it had a Dan Gurney 4-1 fitted and sounded awesome just pootling along during the Iong ride home, however after we got back and had drunk the obligatory cuppa, I said I was going out for a proper ride.

Didn't go nuts until a straight and the inevitable line of cars appeared and I thought I'd open the taps wide, knocked it down one and whacked it open, wham! I struggled to look at the speedo and kept feeding it gears when the lid steadied in the windblast for a tick I was deep in 3 figures and past every car, I was also approaching a bend rapidly, I then found out how poor the brakes were, and shortly after how crap the handling was, like the frame was hinged somewhere.

Massive smile and eventually got home with adrenalin surging through me and my hands shaking, my Dad took one look at the Matt black exhaust that had been ground away and said "don't you dare let your Mother see that, or that bike will be going, was it fast then?" and proceeded to live every second of that ride through my words. He'd have loved that bike if Mum would have let him ride it. :D

I've had much faster bikes, but none that felt as wild as that old GS.
Roadrace
Your Bike:

Do you remember your first ride?

Post by Roadrace »

Perkles wrote:
Kwacky wrote:R6 DUD. I liked that bike.
yea you liked it that much you stole it for a day when i was on holiday (lol)
first time I met Perky, he was pushing that bike towards a petrol station. Grinned to myself when I saw the number plate....
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Roadrace wrote:
Perkles wrote:
Kwacky wrote:R6 DUD. I liked that bike.
yea you liked it that much you stole it for a day when i was on holiday (lol)
first time I met Perky, he was pushing that bike towards a petrol station. Grinned to myself when I saw the number plate....
when we getting you back on a track superstar ? :D
Roadrace
Your Bike:

Post by Roadrace »

I'll be on the next ride out. Promise!