Traffic fines to be quadrupled

The news and your views about biking
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Re: Traffic fines to be quadrupled

Post by duke63 »

To be fair, bb, if she got shitty with the officer then she can probably be expected to be treated in a shitty way back.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Bit harsh that.

Everything is supposed to be on a database. If you're told you haven't got insurance and no driving licence then I would get a bit pissed off.
bb41
Your Bike: GSXR750

Post by bb41 »

I know she should've been calmer, but the officers told her they couldn't check the database after 9 pm, even though I was willing to produce the ins document and payment and also offered to collect the car as I am insured for it and also on my own

They wouldn't accept it as they insisted she had no insurance, however they did accept she did have a valid licence

I surely think that they shouldn't've confiscated the car before she had a chance to go to court to prove it.

They wouldn't let her collect the car as although she had an insurance doc she didn't have her licence.

I would have had to insure the car myself again and it had to have fully comp insurance and ownership details to match which I sure as hell wasn't going to do.

Anyway upshot of it is that the company have now issued an apology and in writing stating she was insured at the time and she has to produce this in court in a couple of weeks.

Trouble is she has no car and no way of buying one, her Dad bless him has bought her a push bike to get to work and pick up her nipper from school.

The magistrate could really have dealt with the case quickly and not resorting to 2 hearings and a 3rd to do this rather than wasting valuable court time

Some magistrates have power problems I think, and it's all a conspiracy !!

This is the 2nd time this has happened, my youngest had the same thing happen to her late at night and the car was impounded, luckily she did have a licence and it cost her 130.00 to get it out of the pound.

It has happened since although she does work in the police force now !!
Live each day as your last as one day you'll be right !!
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

cant you claim all that back from the iins. company for messing up?
bb41
Your Bike: GSXR750

Post by bb41 »

not sure yet, we still feel that vindication is a way off and trying to recoup the value of the vehicle seems out of reach unless she can find a good lawyer.

She had a duty solicitor but he now wants to charge her 350 .00 to represent her at the third hearing even though she is on a low income .

It just seems wrong on every level and frightening to, I've printed off my insurance docs and put them in my glove box now
Live each day as your last as one day you'll be right !!
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Check your insurance policy to see if there's any legal cover. There probably isn't but it's worth looking at.