Work

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Re: Work

Post by D41 »

Monty wrote:
At Investors in People, we have one mission, which is to make work better.

As the world of work evolves, and when the pace of change is so rapid, then employee connection, engagement, wellbeing and organisational culture becomes even more important. Not only because of their impact on staff retention, attraction and development, but also as the critical foundations contributing to organisational stability, security and success.

Our research, experience and work in these important areas has made work better for over 11 million people, globally.

Join us, and discover how we can help you too.
That's quite an impressive line of bull$#!t, that is. I would go mental if I had to work in a place like that. Either that, or get paid beacoup bucks to do it.
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

Kwacky wrote:Too many companies, including the one I work at, have the same mentality. Basically they're doing you a favour by employing you.
Yeah very common, in our case it's many due to two individuals and the rot has run through the business from top to bottom. It will come back to bite them, I'm taking 3 people with me, we're going to the competition and will be taking most of our customers with us.

Lots more from other parts of the business will be leaving too, we've just had a year of record growth, increased profit and reduced cost and they've thanked everyone with a pathetic bonus. Quite a few had said they were waiting to see what the bonus was like before they made any decisions.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Monty

Post by Monty »

D41 wrote:
Monty wrote:
At Investors in People, we have one mission, which is to make work better.

As the world of work evolves, and when the pace of change is so rapid, then employee connection, engagement, wellbeing and organisational culture becomes even more important. Not only because of their impact on staff retention, attraction and development, but also as the critical foundations contributing to organisational stability, security and success.

Our research, experience and work in these important areas has made work better for over 11 million people, globally.

Join us, and discover how we can help you too.
That's quite an impressive line of bull$#!t, that is. I would go mental if I had to work in a place like that. Either that, or get paid beacoup bucks to do it.
"Investors in People" is an accreditation not a company
Monty™© MCMLXXII
D41

Post by D41 »

An accreditation?? Does that mean an award??
Monty

Post by Monty »

D41 wrote:An accreditation?? Does that mean an award??
More like a standard to work to
Monty™© MCMLXXII
D41

Post by D41 »

Ohhh! I always assumed it was a "stamp-of-approval" sorta thing.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Monty wrote:.This pretending to work lark is a lot harder than actually working.
While I haven’t quite got to that point as a move isn’t solid fact yet, the ability to pretend I give a flying f**k is not working at all. I’m still working hard, with the only motivation being I don’t want to stitch up my workmates who would cope extra load if I shirked. But I’ve resigned as a Health & Safety Rep and Trainer/Assessor.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Monty

Post by Monty »

kiwikrasher wrote:
Monty wrote:.This pretending to work lark is a lot harder than actually working.
While I haven’t quite got to that point as a move isn’t solid fact yet, the ability to pretend I give a flying f**k is not working at all. I’m still working hard, with the only motivation being I don’t want to stitch up my workmates who would cope extra load if I shirked. But I’ve resigned as a Health & Safety Rep and Trainer/Assessor.
I work in sales, but tomorrow I'm on-site sorting out shite designed heat network that's not working at an old people's home. I'm not shirking, (ok I'm shirking) just not working for the man. Sadly some of the people in the block are cancer patients and being warm is very important to them
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

2 weeks off on holiday. First day back today to a horde of organisational change emails, missed meeting requests, updates on projects and the usual spam. This place has changed a lot in 2 weeks and morale is even lower than before.

Oh, and 1 member of my team has resigned and 1 of the team of 3 site electricians leaves tomorrow. The electrician was a vital part of my project work so there's going to be a tough adjustment period.

Still, nice to be back and plenty of people genuinely interested in the cycle challenge I did which feels fantastic.
Cav

Post by Cav »

Someone made a formal complaint about the Job Advertisement for the Senior roles in our team. So my application is void and the job adverts nullified. My manager must create an official hierarchy in the team. This is something he has told me he's been trying to do for 5 years, he's told me in every one of my appraisals.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Is that called "Gaslighting" ;)
Cav

Post by Cav »

That's what I wanted to call it too but I wasn't sure if it was correct
Monty

Post by Monty »

Jack wrote:
Monty wrote:
Jack wrote:Was at Darley Moor today, bit chilly and windy but my day was brightened by this beauty which smelt and sounded as good as it looked
Let me know next time you're there, I'm on gardening leave from next month.
May 6th
I ended up in Wales. Let me know when you are back, I've got a rear wheel and some other bits for Matty.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

June 6th and 20th are my next visits to Darley .
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

Thought I'd try something a bit different at EMRA yesterday , thoughts/constructive criticism welcomed .

Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

I don't know if it's the backgrounds but photo two looks very professional, whereas photo one looks a bit dull.

I think photo one would look much better if you reduced the area around the subject. Get the cropping tools out ;)
Cav

Post by Cav »

Corporate Credit Card to be paid by our personal bloody account. So frustrating and such a bad way of doing it!
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Jack wrote:Thought I'd try something a bit different at EMRA yesterday , thoughts/constructive criticism welcomed .

IMO they're both great. I do agree with kwacky though about the first shot, I think the bike is getting lost in the surroundings. Maybe a bit too much tarmac?

I might be talking total bollocks here, but is there a rule of thirds suggestion that for moving objects they are best placed exiting the frame to give greater impression of speed?

I love the motion blur with the subjects so clear. One skill I find very hard to master.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Always enjoy your tracking type shots Jack, such a skill that isn’t really appreciated if you haven’t ever attempted it and in my case failed terribly! (lol)

I agree too that shot one could be cropped, but that would then make it my fav out of the two.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Had my interview with Sydney Water on Monday. Nothing hard at all. 4 person panel interview for 1.5 hrs and I didn’t struggle to answer a single question.

Two weeks wait to hear if I progress through.