Work

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Re: Work

Post by StMarks »

Very promising, working on the logic that it's presumably the Defense Force that will be awarding the contract to them...

You actually may have learned something about them, before your future employer knows it themselves.? (happy)
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

kiwikrasher wrote:I’ve been contacted by the Defence Force to start my security clearance vetting process. I was told that wouldn’t happen until the job offer was unconditional. So a bit surprising but hopefully a good sign.
Part of the vetting is listing all my overseas travel in the last 10 yrs. So up to 7 trips a year offshore over 9.5 yrs.. plus trips to NZ.. going to be a lengthy list!
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

StMarks wrote:Very promising, working on the logic that it's presumably the Defense Force that will be awarding the contract to them...

You actually may have learned something about them, before your future employer knows it themselves.? (happy)
I got an email from my prospective employer, apparently we have been short listed and all employees of the short listed companies that don't have clearances are being vetted.
kiwikrasher wrote:Part of the vetting is listing all my overseas travel in the last 10 yrs. So up to 7 trips a year offshore over 9.5 yrs.. plus trips to NZ.. going to be a lengthy list!
59 trips offshore (so technically Timor-Leste), plus 4 trips to NZ
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

5 lunch breaks of data entry and chasing people for their info and I’ve finished the security clearance pack and ready to submit today.
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

Was at Darley Moor today , bit chilly and windy but my day was brightened by this beauty which smelt and sounded as good as it looked

Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

A proper classic bike.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

That's a great photograph. Very cool.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I've got to start going in one day a week. We were told that a while ago but it wasn't being enforced. It is now.
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

Jack wrote:Was at Darley Moor today, bit chilly and windy but my day was brightened by this beauty which smelt and sounded as good as it looked
Let me know next time you're there, I'm on gardening leave from next month.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

Monty wrote:
Jack wrote:Was at Darley Moor today, bit chilly and windy but my day was brightened by this beauty which smelt and sounded as good as it looked
Let me know next time you're there, I'm on gardening leave from next month.
May 6th
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I reckon there's about 20% of our usual workforce in today.

A Building Society has a few offices near us. All of their car parks are full or nearly full.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

The manager from Sydney Water rang me yesterday. They are organising interviews. He questioned why I didn’t apply.

I did.

Their system has somehow lost my application. I forwarded him my confirmation email and a screen shot of the my Livehire profile page that shows the application “under consideration”. He’s gone to rip HR a new one by all accounts.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

kiwikrasher wrote:The manager from Sydney Water rang me yesterday. They are organising interviews. He questioned why I didn’t apply.

I did.

Their system has somehow lost my application. I forwarded him my confirmation email and a screen shot of the my Livehire profile page that shows the application “under consideration”. He’s gone to rip HR a new one by all accounts.
Interview first Monday I’m home. The manager was looking at the level 1 production officer applications. HR had moved my application to the level 2 production officer pile as my background experience apparently has made me over qualified for the level 1 roles (happy)

I’d seen the Level 1 job advertised and applied but then stopped looking and not realised they had advertised the higher role as well.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Sounds very promising
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Kwacky wrote:Sounds very promising
I know it’s sounds really entitled but I hope the defence consultant job is confirmed one way or another before I get an offer (if that happens) from Sydney Water.

I’m going to take which ever one is a solid offer first as I’m not a gambling man, but I really want the defence role.

What I don’t want to do is turn down what would be a really secure job with Sydney Water and have the defence one fall through with them not winning the contract.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Well, good luck with it either way.
(handshake)
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

So you all know how my offshore platform got bought out a couple years back and I said the new company upper management was a pack c**ts? Well it seems most of their work force agree

https://amp.smh.com.au/business/compani ... 5ah87.html

We got a pretty horrid email from upper management after that survey, basically saying if we don’t like it, leave. Advice I’m hoping to take!
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

kiwikrasher wrote:So you all know how my offshore platform got bought out a couple years back and I said the new company upper management was a pack c**ts? Well it seems most of their work force agree

https://amp.smh.com.au/business/compani ... 5ah87.html

We got a pretty horrid email from upper management after that survey, basically saying if we don’t like it, leave. Advice I’m hoping to take!
All too common sadly. You'll be much better off once your job offers come to fruition.
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

Our company just went through the Investors in people standard and our MD, my new boss asked everyone to retake the survey.
At Investors in People, we have one mission, which is to make work better.

As the world of work evolves, and when the pace of change is so rapid, then employee connection, engagement, wellbeing and organisational culture becomes even more important. Not only because of their impact on staff retention, attraction and development, but also as the critical foundations contributing to organisational stability, security and success.

Our research, experience and work in these important areas has made work better for over 11 million people, globally.

Join us, and discover how we can help you too.
At one of the senior management meetings he was apparently heard saying "Well if they don't like it, they can **** off"

I'm really getting the feeling that he's not fully embraced the whole investors in people ethos :D

Can not wait to leave, but I can't hand my notice in until 1st June as my new boss is off for most of August and I can't start until September. This pretending to work lark is a lot harder than actually working.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Too many companies, including the one I work at, have the same mentality. Basically they're doing you a favour by employing you.