2016 Kawasaki ZX10R Unveiled - Full Details

The news and your views about biking
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Re: 2016 Kawasaki ZX10R Unveiled - Full Details

Post by Blade »

duke63 wrote:Engine and frame dimensions are identical on both bikes. New bike has different gearbox ratios and suspension specs and a higher rear ride height. I think Blade is right in that it's more a substantial update than a brand new bike.
Funnily enough two areas I have changed are increased ride height and altered the gearing.

If kawasaki need any more advice on improvements drop me a line Perks I can do a good rate on consulting for mates (happy)
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

The frame is different it's 7.5mm shorter at the headstock ,it's also got resonance chambers to help with noise intake
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Blade wrote:
duke63 wrote:Engine and frame dimensions are identical on both bikes. New bike has different gearbox ratios and suspension specs and a higher rear ride height. I think Blade is right in that it's more a substantial update than a brand new bike.
Funnily enough two areas I have changed are increased ride height and altered the gearing.

If kawasaki need any more advice on improvements drop me a line Perks I can do a good rate on consulting for mates (happy)
Sounds like they have listened to you on the rear ride height,wonder how tall the new gearing is
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Perkles wrote:The frame is different it's 7.5mm shorter at the headstock ,it's also got resonance chambers to help with noise intake
Is it the frame or the triple clamp offset that has been reduced by 7.5mm.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Blade wrote:
Perkles wrote:The frame is different it's 7.5mm shorter at the headstock ,it's also got resonance chambers to help with noise intake
Is it the frame or the triple clamp offset that has been reduced by 7.5mm.
Chassis: The changes to the chassis are not as extensive as those to the engine but the headstock is mounted 7.5mm nearer to the rider, helping to place more weight over the front wheel for improved stability and turn-in. Resonance chambers in the frame help to keep intake noise under control.