What are you doing today ??

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Re: What are you doing today ??

Post by Rossgo »

Blopdy hell fellas you guys are good at finding the deals. I'm.pretty happy with Vodafone to be honest. Our work all use Vodafone network so that's the best signal in our factory. I was with EE for years and years and I found their service dwindle which as a shame. Imbut at work it was almost non existent, not jist EE but all signals apart from Vodafone it's like Vodafone have put a ban on any other signal there haha!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Having a kid free day. They are at their mums for the weekend.

I’ve had a really rough week with Byron, including him punching me full force in the face. On top of that he’s been constantly threatening to kill himself. I knew puberty hormones and ASD was going to be rocky but feck me to many more weeks like this will bring me unstuck.

I spent about three hours all up on the phone with the leading Autism Services provider here in Australia. I talked to their therapy team and a couple of their psychologists and in the end they said I’m doing a everything I can already, with the stratigies and systems I have in place, and basically I just need to ride it out (facepalm). The only thing they suggested that I haven’t got in place is a non-electronic/gaming based extra-curicular activity. Unfortunately this is something I’ve been trying for years but he just won’t attempt to even try anything out.

So enjoying a stress free day and get back into it all tomorrow.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

So much for a stress free day, the pool pump just sh*t itself (gah)
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

kiwikrasher wrote:Having a kid free day. They are at their mums for the weekend.

I’ve had a really rough week with Byron, including him punching me full force in the face. On top of that he’s been constantly threatening to kill himself. I knew puberty hormones and ASD was going to be rocky but feck me to many more weeks like this will bring me unstuck.

I spent about three hours all up on the phone with the leading Autism Services provider here in Australia. I talked to their therapy team and a couple of their psychologists and in the end they said I’m doing a everything I can already, with the stratigies and systems I have in place, and basically I just need to ride it out (facepalm). The only thing they suggested that I haven’t got in place is a non-electronic/gaming based extra-curicular activity. Unfortunately this is something I’ve been trying for years but he just won’t attempt to even try anything out.

So enjoying a stress free day and get back into it all tomorrow.
Wow thats sounds rough fella. Does he do all this at his mums too?

Our kids were always worse when they had something on their mind (however trivial) however i guess ASD amplifies that. I cant pretend to understand, but i guess a cause must be there somewhere.

Have a better day today :)
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

kiwikrasher wrote:So much for a stress free day, the pool pump just sh*t itself (gah)
Well, better than having sh!t actually IN the pool, I suppose.
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Iirc Kiwi, your lad recently changed schools, reading what Cookie was saying is born out with both my lads, is there a issue at school that’s stressing him?

P.S. Lemons and lemonade, the pool pump is a straight mechanical/electrical problem, maybe it’s something to take your mind away from spinning its wheels about your lad?
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

The pool pump ended up just being a capacitor, impeller still spins, bearing are smooth but capacitor open circuits on an ohms test. $20 fix.

And Cookie/Deegee your dead right. He’s gone from a primary school of 100 kids to a high school of over 1000 students.

He’s made friends with another kid on the spectrum and they have both been targeted by a kid that is now about to get suspended. Byron told he he wasn’t a bother but been told you’re going to get bashed every day it’s going to take its toll. That situation has now been sorted but I definitely feel it had an impact.

He doesn’t ark up at mums as much but she lets him get away with murder. I’m have a policy and it’s strictly adhered too. I don’t back down or change my mind. We have agreeed on understanding of what’s acceptable and what’s not and I hold him accountable.

It’s a perfect storm at the moment, just hoping we get over this hump soon
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Sounds rough mate, especially on top of your own problems.

My son turned into a little shit last year. First year at senior school, puberty, change of scene, so he was giving it the big I am. I stuck to my guns, gave him no quarter and made it clear he was up against the boundary of my tolerance.

This year is totally different.

You keep doing what you're doing. Make it clear you're not going to change. That's what they need, all kids, regardless of other issues.
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Today was my Brother’s Birthday, so we took him for street food at Camden Lock and then a few beers and the rugby at Saracens, got home this evening at 8pm and we arrived to Mrs Gee’s freshly made lasagne and garlic bread (his favourite), plus cards and presents.

He’ll sleep well tonight. :D
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Why are so many Lycra wearing cyclists overweight? I think the limit of their riding is to the cafe and back.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

duke63 wrote:Why are so many Lycra wearing cyclists overweight? I think the limit of their riding is to the cafe and back.
You've posted that on Tankslap.

Think about what you've said.

Just think about it.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Kwacky wrote:
duke63 wrote:Why are so many Lycra wearing cyclists overweight? I think the limit of their riding is to the cafe and back.
You've posted that on Tankslap.

Think about what you've said.

Just think about it.
(lol)
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

At least we can claim motorcycles are the quickest way between Cake shops (giggle)
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

And leather is far more suitable for middle aged overweight men to go to the cafe in (giggle)
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

If they pedalled harder and longer they would not be overweight. I bet I use more calories riding my Ducati than some of them do n their push bikes.
D41

Post by D41 »

You don't burn many more calories riding a bike than you do driving a car....at least riding "reasonably", or within the law. Cycling burns shedloads of calories, depending on effort, naturally....but generally speaking the two are light-years apart in that regard.
Blade

Post by Blade »

You burn loads of calories riding a bike, and virtually zero sat comfortably in a car turning a wheel.

Your constantly moving around on a bike and bracing against acceleration and deceleration. Strap a heart rate monitor on and I reckon a fast road ride will generate a similar HR as a steady jog.
D41

Post by D41 »

Heart rate gives only a very rough guide to how many calories you're burning....they're usually not that good at giving accurate heart rate figures, nevermind caloric consumption..

And I did write "reasonably or within the law", which I figure doesn't take account of fast road rides.
A steady jog does sound fairly legit, though.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Go for a 360 mile drive and you get out of the comfy car a little stiff with tight hamstrings and maybe a stiff back.

Get of a bike after a fast 360 mile road blast ( day in Wales) and your physcially knackered and aching all over with tired muscles.

Forget the science and data, reality is riding a bike is physically demanding and burns plenty of calories.
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

riding a bike is also mentally tiring much more so than driving .
I've been to Mallory today for round 1 of EMRA , was a bit grey but it didn't rain and wasn't too cold , currently processing , well I will be after my dinner .