Back from Holidays

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Back from Holidays

Post by D6Nutz »

I'm back now.... Nice to see you managed to keep the place fairly clean and tidy while I was away. Can't see that anything's been broken, but I haven't looked behind the sofa yet ;)

Travelling to different countries does make you realise how damn lazy this country has become and how little respect we have for our environment.

When you arrive at Olbia airport everything looks very clean, tidy, and fresh. It's almost like the airport has just been redecorated, even the toilets are absolutely spotless. It puts you in a great frame of mind about entering the country.

Arriving at Gatwick however is a totally different, and frankly embarrassing experience. In contrast to Olbia's bright marble style flooring, Gatwick is grey and drab. All down the walkways there is rubbish and huge piles of dust. You find airport staff sat where ever they feel like just looking like they don't want to work. The first set of toilets you find after getting off the plane stank and had dried pee stains all over the floor.

I know what I would think if I was arriving here for a holiday...
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: Back from Holidays

Post by Kwacky »

Welcome home.

Litter and crap is a big problem now. The Councils are offering rewards if you grass someone up for fly tipping and they're prosecuted.

I do hate litter. It's very lazy to drop things.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Re: Back from Holidays

Post by Rossgo »

Sounds like your experience back in the country isn't a good one. We all seem to close our eyes to all of this stuff and just seem to live in our own little worlds. Some are very selfish and litter wherever they fancy and I for one hate it. Always have hated it. If I was caught littering by me Mum or Dad I'd of got a smack! What's happened with this country. I agree with you as well, visit other countries and they seem to look after things and where they live, we don't seem to care.

Funny I had a argument earlier this morning over the same conversation!!