Top Gear

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Re: Top Gear

Post by Rossgo »

They should just get rid of it and invest our money into something new. What a waste of time and money the BBC pump into things.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

They make money out of Top Gear, well at least they did with the old team. Something like 40 million pounds a year in profit.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

I can see why.I loved top gear was very entertaining in my opinion. However the new top gear they tried to keep some bits the same eg the stig introduction which didn't work with the team and tried to revamp some of the old bits eg star in a reasonably priced car....how crap has that turned out to be. The whole format needs to be changed not just bits or better yet cancel the show. Make different programs, personally feel like the BBC have given up and been very lazy on it all. Regardless of what they used to make they should be grown up enough to realise people don't generally give programs second chances if it's crap!!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

I actually kinda like it.. I was the biggest critic of BBC continuing it but ignore Chris Evans's presenting, him and Matt actually have some on screen chemistry in some of the footage which is pleasant to watch.

Chris Evan's was definitely trying too hard to be like Jeremy Clarkson though and that ruined it a bit.

Keep Chris Harris, Rory Reid and Matt Leblanc and you have yourself a mighty car show - Rory Reid's films are really good!
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

In fairness it was always doomed to failure imo as the original show was a very hard act to follow and its replacement was always going to be exposed to alot of criticism unfortunately.
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

They definitely should have taken more risks and changed the formula, it just felt Topgear wannabe.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

There'll be lots of younger people who think it's great because they have no prior experience of it though???
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

I don't think that's true in this case, TopGear made it's way into most age categories IMO.

For the younger generation, maybe the older too, it was refreshing to see Political Correctness get thrown out of the window so to speak and that's something which the new show doesn't do - it's too polite and tame to really captivate people.

I've said it before but stick Chris Harris, Matt Leblanc and Rory Reid on a show together and it'll be a hit