Custom made leathers

The news and your views about biking
Perkles
Your Bike:

Re: Custom made leathers

Post by Perkles »

Blade wrote:Sounds expensive, what's the damage on a bks made to measure ? It's the Rolls Royce of suits so won't be cheap.
They start from 1500 to just over 2000
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Wow (shocked) hopefully the renumeration package at this new job is top draw with a big fat bonus then (y)
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Perkles wrote:
Blade wrote:Sounds expensive, what's the damage on a bks made to measure ? It's the Rolls Royce of suits so won't be cheap.
They start from 1500 to just over 2000
Humm, maybe not this month.......

I think to start with I'm going to do a try on session. I loved my Dainese leathers, they have served me well over 12 or so years. I do think I might get the zip replaced and use them for track leathers and get some new ones for the road.

They definately have to be two piece, not overly fussed on brand names as protection at the right price is the answer for me.. I've tested the Dainese leathers and what ever I replace them with have to be as good in an accident.... Time to start the web searching I guess..
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Blade

Post by Blade »

Just had a look at their website and it is very impressive. I guess like most things in life you get what you buy for and it does look top draw but then it should do for the money. As much as I would like one and cannot deny the obvious quality I doubt I could justify the cost tbh.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Jon, the Axo stuff is excellent, especially given the price.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Nutz. Just food for thought but is it even worth getting the old suit repaired ? If it's 12 years old and bursting open when in use would you not be better with something more trust worthy for track use after all it is the last line of defence between you and a world of pain. Perhaps instead of compromising with repairing an old and tied suit for track work safe the cash to invest in a decent 2 pc for both road and track or alternatively safe the money. Hope you don't mind me saying but probably best not to wear something that could fail on track after all, an off is more likely than on road riding duties.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

http://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.mobile ... cale=en_GB" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Blade

Post by Blade »

Wow hell of a lot of suit for the money that.

I have heard rave reviews on Held leathers. I have no personal experience of their suits but the gloves of theirs which I have are excellent quaility. Also quite few of the journalists are spending their own coin on Held and that speaks volumes on the quality as I m sure they get incentives to go with a particular brand.
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

That doesn't look bad at all, would need to find somewhere to try them on though..
Blade wrote:is it even worth getting the old suit repaired ?.
Why not, they guy next to me at Mallory said "how strong do you actually think a zip is". That was as we where strapping the leathers up with tie wraps, I was happy enough to go and ride like that so why not put a new zip in...

Ah, Held... Thats the other name I was trying to remember last time we chatted about leathers.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Crowtree is no longer in business, guys.

My Berik leathers are still up for grabs, Nutz.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Jon, fc Moto do a quibble free return policy so if it doesn't fit send it back no hassle
Blade

Post by Blade »

You have to ask what kind of authority on saftey was the guy at Mallory ? If he was the chief safety equipment tester for a major motorcycle protective clothing company then fair enough. If he was just Joe average you have to ask what does his opinion count for anyway ? Personally I wouldn't have gone out in leathers held together with cable ties but maybe that's just me. Each to there own I guess.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Plenty of deals around Jon

Dainese 2 pc

https://www.motocard.com/en/2-and-1-pc- ... o_304.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Astars 2 pc

https://www.mcaleicester.co.uk/sale-clo ... suit-1988/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

Blade wrote:You have to ask what kind of authority on saftey was the guy at Mallory ?
He wasn't an authority of any kind, nor did he pretend to be. He simply offered a suggestion so I didn't waste my entire day. A simple question, how much stronger do you think a zip is compared to several heavy duty cable ties ???? I was happy enough that the suit would stay together, and especially as it was wet the speeds where going to be drastically reduced.
duke63 wrote:My Berik leathers are still up for grabs, Nutz.
Could you remind me of the sizes and how much you where after for them please...

Blade

Post by Blade »

Nutz I have never heard of a zip failing in a crash is the only answer I can give you in reply. If your happy that's all that matters mate. You asked for opinions and I was trying to help by giving one, nothing more in it than that. Hope the leathers I posted that are in sale are of some help and you can sorted out.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Leathers are a 40 chest and 34-36 waist, Nutz.