What do you want to vent about today?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: What do you want to vent about today?

Post by Kwacky »

I'm trying to book my flu jab.

I can't do it just by phoning up. I need to use the app. So I log into the NHS app. No mate, that's not the app you need, you need the Solihull and South Birmingham app. Ok. I log in. Sorry pal, you can't log in with those details, they're already in use (really? You don't say).

I use the help option. I'm told I've changed my GP so I need to change my GP on the NHS app. How do you do that? You use the help option.

I've given up. I've got more important things to do with my time.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

You really feel that all our tax pennies are well spent on the NHS sometimes, don't you?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Kwacky wrote:
I've given up. I've got more important things to do with my time.
Take an opiate or two.....you'll get a wonderful high (or so I'm told) - and then flu-like symptoms when you come down off it... straight to the front of the line for a shot!!

That's great advice, BTW.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

I just need to off-load.

Yesterday at 2-ish-pm I saw a small number of Facebook posts about 2 ambulances, 2 police, 1 mountain rescue team and 1 air ambulance at a nearby Mountain Bike Trail Centre. Multiple people contributed saying they were turned away at the push up path due to someone receiving CPR.

Couple of hours later a long term family friend with 7 dogs rings my mother-in-law and says her Dad has suddenly died and will she take the dogs in for her. At the point I still didn't click.

A few more hours later and she turns up with her dogs. She's in floods of tears and she said he was in the Forest, suffered a major cardiac arrest and died not long after. My mother-in-law put the two together and asked if it was at this trail centre and the daughter confirmed it was. I couldn't hold in my emotion so walked away because she'd stopped by this point; I can't cry if she isn't, I can't start her off again!

I asked her if she wanted me to read the things on Facebook to her from the concerned people who helped and she agreed.
Helped out today at the Forest of Dean today with a rider that collapsed on the fire road right in front of us.
Things to note:
-SHOUT FOR HELP!
-SHOUT FOR A FIRST AIDER! Luckily a trained first aider and a trainee paramedic were riding up the path
-Phone 999 immediately and relay the situation
-Use ‘What Three Words’ app to pinpoint your location (download it now)
-Send someone on an eBike to the cafe/shop and grab the defibrillator, thanks to the lad that broke all Strava records to do this both down and then up the hill
-Send two people to the trail head to guide the ambulance in to the location
This really was a life or death situation and hopefully everybody that pulled together made a difference.
There were some real good people on that hill today that helped.
Prayers and thoughts for the rider and his family and friends.
After this, she felt reassured that he received the best care anybody was ever going to receive in an emergency like this. What are the chances that a first aider and trainee paramedic were right there and fortunate the defib was there too!

With her permission I updated the group and was flooded with kind messages, all of which have been passed onto her and her family.

As for the 7 dogs, we already have 3 so the house is a little bit chaotic! We have our girl, her brother and her mother. In the 7 are the mother's brother, mother's uncle and another brother of our girl. Unfortunately, the brother and uncle haven't been "done" and our girl isn't either so we must keep a very close eye on them.

I know he wasn't my Dad and I didn't even know him, but I don't really know what to do with how I'm feeling. I look are my Son and realise what I'd be leaving behind if that was me who suffered a cardiac arrest out of the blue. I've pedalled up that path numerous times.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Pretty much everything we do is a "what if" scenario.

I probably sound cold but if each time I heard of someone dying and put myself in that person's shoes with "that could have been me" I would end up doing nothing, just in case.

We have to live our lives.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

What he said ^^^

You could die today, you could die when your over 100 years old.

The important thing is to live every day. Work hard, try hard and be yourself.

The older you get, the more things and people you associate with die. Mourn their passing by celebrating how they lived.

If your worried, make a will. Nothing more to be done.
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

I agree with Kwacky , it's what I've had to do , obviously I am careful to take what precautions I can but I have a life to live and not doing all the things I love is no life at all .
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Sorry to read the above Cav, but as the old and wise have already said, you cant go through life with "what if's" you will end up doing nothing and wasting your life.
Our lives are what they are, enjoy what you can each day, and be the best person you can be each day.

I know i might sound a little bit of a hypocrite as not every day I am the best I can be, sometimes other peoples stupidity get the better of me. In my defense I TRY to be the best I can be every day. After the health shit I have suffered these past few years, you have to just get on and enjoy life the best you can.

I have noticed it does not matter how fit you think yourare, you body as it gets older, throws in curve balls all the bloody time! All of which totally out of our control.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

You have to live life on your own terms, and a heart attack isn't exactly something you can predict, at best it's something you can maybe plan to avoid - through diet, & other healthy living choices - stuff like that.
But when it's your time, it's your time.
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

Our I.T. System has now been down since last week, and I mean system, everything i need to do has to be via the system!!!!
What a fecking nightmare. We are a global outfit, and from what I can see all of them are affected! From the Uk across the pond and into

We (The general We) are too reliant on systems for the day to day running of everything, i know some of you its your bread and butter, but this is madness.
Cav

Post by Cav »

Integrated systems are fantastic when they work but as you've found out, when things go wrong, they go really wrong!

For a week in September nobody could raise purchase requisitions because of an error in permissions on SAP included in an update. Not as major as your situation but we missed deadlines because of it.
Cav

Post by Cav »

Frankie... I take it back, integrated IT systems are STUPID! :D

We use Microsoft Authenticator and two-stage authentication. They've recently changed the system and coupled with me getting a new phone it didn't work. But that's okay, we have a Teams chat for IT support and a few websites. Oh wait, I need to log in using the Authenticator to use them!!!

30 minutes of holding on a telephone number I needed a colleague to get for me, a 2 minute phone call and everything has been reset with 24hrs of not requiring Authenticating and it's sorted.

What a bloody palava.
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

Well no change here, just trying to work around it all.... Just as well as I am old school, and tend to back up in a filing cabinet and paper lol.
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

Gmail >>>>>> What a load of crap this is for emails, everything is upside down, lumped together, you cant find what you want..... Load of old crap. Just a temp email while this shit show continues.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I've used Gmail for years and find it very useful. I guess it depends what you're used to
Cav

Post by Cav »

Frankie wrote:Gmail >>>>>> What a load of crap this is for emails, everything is upside down, lumped together, you cant find what you want..... Load of old crap. Just a temp email while this shit show continues.
I find it really tough to use on my mobile for that reason.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

house broken into again im fecking fed up with low life scum getting away with this the police take a crime number and do FA ,I work my balls off every day and scum want to take it away from you
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

That's shit

Do you have CCTV?
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

Kwacky wrote:I've used Gmail for years and find it very useful. I guess it depends what you're used to
Yep, I am just moaning for moaning sake, once you get used to certain systems, life is easier, like adapting from Android and Apple and vice versa.... I just don't have the energy, patients and time right now to understand all the little foibles, when I have customers chasing for info, on emails I have not even seen, and cant action anything I need!!!

And then get told by almost every customer, "You Know what your company should do /have done / can do" Arghhhhhhhhh!!!! Really, thanks I am sure this was not looked into!!!
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

Perkles wrote:house broken into again im fecking fed up with low life scum getting away with this the police take a crime number and do FA ,I work my balls off every day and scum want to take it away from you
Bloody hell, that is crap.... sorry to read this mate.