What do you want to vent about today?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Re: What do you want to vent about today?

Post by duke63 »

Massive queues at the fuel station i just drove by causing traffic chaos all around.

WTF is wrong with people? Grow up FFS.
Monty
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Post by Monty »

Thick as **** pig shit!
Monty™© MCMLXXII
duke63

Post by duke63 »

Well by Wednesday i will be stuck at home as that is all the fuel i have left.

Been to pick my son up from Stafford station just, passed 5 fuel stations on the way and they were all empty of fuel and closed off.

Frankly i am past giving a ****. Hopefully this might bring down the lunatic in charge, when there are no teachers in schools and no doctors or nurses in hospitals as they cannot get to work.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

People who really believe this is true and stop me getting a cup of tea at a service station !
"But that is only shooting the messenger. The truth is that this country is going to hell unless you take emergency action to stop putting carbon into the air."
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

6.30am I drove past a typically empty fuel station. Lorries have a separate filling station at the back. This was empty. What wasn't empty was the roundabout and adjoining roads which had 3 lorries in amongst numerous cars queuing for fuel. These cars were all blocking lorries from fuelling up which is apparently the cause of all of this in the first place.
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

Of the 4 petrol stations I passed this morning, One petrol station that is still open has hiked the prices by 5p/Litre, 2 are closed and one has huge queues in both directions... I have about 200 miles range in the car so no panic here, and my unsociable hours may be useful for slipping in early when the need arises. (bandit)
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

I have been forced to cancel a job today because I couldn't get the fuel necessary to go .
Monty
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Post by Monty »

I'm doing some training tomorrow and can probably just about get to the office on the battery, charge up there and get back. But Wednesday me and my boss have both got to get to Manchester. He's in London and he's got 136 miles of petrol and 20 miles of electricity!

Utter **** retards! I'm tempted to go around siphoning old **** cars!
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Cav

Post by Cav »

You can't do everything.... right?

:@

We're really pushing to finish the rig I'm working on and it's heavily reliant on me at this stage. I've had to rely on 4 different people. Each one of them has let me down. Timescales were agreed and urgency understood yet one after another they kept failing to deliver. I'm already at triple the time this was supposed to take and I'm fuming with everyone involved but trying not to show it.

It would have been quicker for me to do everything myself, including learning how to weld, getting sign offs on the machine tools and producing the whole thing from scratch at, what would have been, great cost to the company.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

Cav wrote:You can't do everything.... right?

:@

We're really pushing to finish the rig I'm working on and it's heavily reliant on me at this stage. I've had to rely on 4 different people. Each one of them has let me down. Timescales were agreed and urgency understood yet one after another they kept failing to deliver. I'm already at triple the time this was supposed to take and I'm fuming with everyone involved but trying not to show it.

It would have been quicker for me to do everything myself, including learning how to weld, getting sign offs on the machine tools and producing the whole thing from scratch at, what would have been, great cost to the company.
Timescales for everything are likely to be out the window for the foreseeable future. Things are not going to go back to the way they were for some time...if at all.
Cav

Post by Cav »

When people in your office haven't even moved the parts you put on their desk for over a week it hasn't anything to do with Brexit or Covid.. it's just pure laziness.
Cav

Post by Cav »

Absolute W*NKER of a delivery man. Delivering to the wrong house, I've spoken to him on the Ring doorbell to say please do not knock the door leave the parcel in the bin, he knocks the door. I can hear my dog barking, waking up my Son and making my Wife's day more difficult. "Ah don't worry man, wrong house".

"C\/NT!"
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Being told to come in to the office once a week.

What for?

The air con is on full pelt. There's only one other person in this wing. The policy seems daft to me. Unless there's a reason to come in surely we be trusted to decide if a 2 hour round trip is really necessary?
Stonesie

Post by Stonesie »

One of my colleagues posted some pictures on faceache, kids are throwing lumps of tarmac at buses now!
buswindow.jpg

That was weighed at 1.3Kg or 2.86Lb in old money. That window was double glazed with it being one of the older Volvo's where the newer buses only have single pane windows. In the past I have had rock strikes only shatter the outer pane saving the passengers from injury... In this case, thankfully there were no passengers on the lower deck at the time... 7th window in a week in that area.

I'm on that route tomorrow evening and I may or may not have a 4D maglite which may or may not find it's way into my work bag. :?
Cav

Post by Cav »

That isn't acceptable. What would happen if all of you drivers refuse to work that route?
Stonesie

Post by Stonesie »

With our current crop of managers, they would probably class it as gross misconduct... When I worked for the other large bus company they removed all services from the problem area for a month and then re-introduced them until 6pm only. They also made sure the local community knew EXACTLY why.. Some of the local's found those responsible and "had words".

I'm looking forward to the HGV tests more than I ever thought, get me away from this crap!
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Yikes!!

FYI...a 2D Maglite is much lighter & accelerates much faster when arc'ed in the general direction of the heed of a random fcuktard.
It's also more er, "plausible"...../allegedly.
Cav

Post by Cav »

Stonesie wrote:With our current crop of managers, they would probably class it as gross misconduct... When I worked for the other large bus company they removed all services from the problem area for a month and then re-introduced them until 6pm only. They also made sure the local community knew EXACTLY why.. Some of the local's found those responsible and "had words".

I'm looking forward to the HGV tests more than I ever thought, get me away from this crap!
Surely they won't "gross misconduct" everyone? They'd have no workforce and the managers would have no one to manage I.e. no job.

I'm looking forward to your HGV for you mate.. even if that industry is a bit of a shit show, I daresay you'll be more appreciated than where you are now!
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Daughter has a Halloween day this Friday at school but the idiot head master has banned masks because it might scare the kids
WTF ?
This is the same person that created a one way system for covid that crossed a busy road twice
Cav

Post by Cav »

Either my understanding of Fluid Dynamics is incorrect or my thinking behind the issues we're seeing is incorrect. The adaptation I made to the rig didn't do what I expected (it actually made the problem worse) so it's back to the drawing board. Things always go more wrong when you're getting pressured.

I purchased a book on Fluid Dynamics that should be here any time now, unfortunately not today.