What are you doing today ??

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Re: What are you doing today ??

Post by Cav »

Kwacky wrote:Tell us more
Police have taken statement and taken dashcam footage.. only taken 4 hours or so.

I'll update you tomorrow after a sleep
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Footage might be fun too....
Cav

Post by Cav »

Police Update:
Female arrested on suspicion of drink driving.

Event (TLDR):
Mad drunk woman drives like maniac, colliding with road furniture and swinging her arms around at the passenger window to my heavily pregnant Wife.

Event:
Pulling into a Tesco Express near our home, I spotted an idiot parked on the wrong side of the road, diagonally, half on the pavement and with the wheels turned into the road.
I go into the shop for 10 minutes, overhear a conversation about a "drunk lady" and I return to the car to find the idiot in the car has now pushed a freestanding shop sign into a fence of some flats. The woman was taking her time to manoeuvre. Reverse lights kept illuminating but she was rolling forward. Eventually she reversed at speed and stopped on the opposite pavement. She then accelerated at speed along the pavement before stopping a car length from a junction but now on the road.
I end my call to 101 and dial 999. After a minute of waiting I turn the car around to pull up behind her on the road. As I do that she accelerated out of the junction into the path of a bus. I follow the bus and she's quickly out of sight (I was doing 35 in a 30). Approaching a 4-exit roundabout I couldn't see her go straight or right and gamble on taking the left. I couldn't see her and accelerated down the road. She then turned her headlights on (she turned them off at some point when she was out of sight) as she passed a zebra crossing while straddling the centreline. She was doing at least 50 in a 30, always straddling the centreline.
She takes a left into a road which has an awkward bend with road works (laying pipes so there are numerous holes). She accelerated into the bend, losing control and smashing the road work barriers. She then stops precariously close to a parked car before slowly driving the rest of the way home.
Getting out of the car she nearly fell over. She was out of sight for a minute while she was in her house, door still open. She returned to her car and got in. We returned the call to 999 while repositioning the car so that if she drove, she wouldn't crash into us.
The woman got back out of her car and a dog appeared from nowhere. She walked out into the road, swearing at us and pointing at the dog. Slowly she makes her way over to the car but giving me no chance to drive away. Eventually she approaches the passenger window (Wife and our dog were in the car during all of this) and I drive away.
A traffic officer arrived and I directed her to the house. As a 2nd officer arrived to ask for the same directions I could hear on the radio that the drunk woman had been arrested.
A van later took her away and we went home to give a statement (2 hours) and then another Traffic Officer came to our house to sign it, collect evidence and to help my Wife calm down.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Good work Cav

I’ve been on the receiving end of that type of behaviour. A guy had been drinking all night and was driving home at 5.30am. A conciseness citizen such as yourself observed him all over the road and off it and was on a call to 000 reporting it while following.

Unfortunately I was on my way to the RAAF Base for a 6am start and he hit me head on and I rolled my Nissan Pathfinder end over end. Spent a day in hospital but no major damage

So good on you for going over and above, and glad she was apprehended and didn’t hurt anyone.

My car post
53A40AEF-15D4-46B9-A198-0C58BD10D7B3.jpeg
53A40AEF-15D4-46B9-A198-0C58BD10D7B3.jpeg (28.15 KiB) Viewed 861 times
2A3DC2AA-8378-4FE2-95A7-4CB89E3C37C8.jpeg
2A3DC2AA-8378-4FE2-95A7-4CB89E3C37C8.jpeg (25.71 KiB) Viewed 861 times
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Feck (tmi)
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Damn, that thing got shunted.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Kwacky wrote:Feck (tmi)
Yeah was a bit of a bump. Luckily I was wearing steel caps as it tore the floor inside and destroyed my right boot.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Retail therapy

Zip had gone in my leather jacket I’ve had for 5 yrs and dropped it off to get replaced. Made the mistake of popping into a bike shop nearby for a look and they had Dainese jackets on sale.

Bought a Mike 2, bloody nice jacket.

Cav

Post by Cav »

Holy Buck Falls! That much have been a little bit ouchie!

It turns out that the woman had left her wallet and ID at the Tesco Express I stopped at so the chances are she would get back in her car to go and get it. I'm just glad I prevented someone getting injured that night.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

date night tonight :)
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Since I’ve lost 10 kg in the last 6 months thought I’d try my track leathers back on. Last time I couldn’t even get the pants zip done up, let alone the jacket.

They fit again!!! Was actually seriously surprised. I was actually getting them out to take photos of to sell. Think I’ll keep them now.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Impressive weight loss Kiwi, well done.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

StMarks wrote:Impressive weight loss Kiwi, well done.
Thanks mate

I put on 12kg post my surgery, not being very mobile for a good few months and being home for 18 months didn’t help. So still have a few more kgs to lose and I’ll happily maintain at that.

The leathers are Size 52 and given I’m 50 in 6 months I’m pretty happy with that!
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

Taxed the cage for a year (£155) and just pulled the bike out, Rain starts, put it away, Rain stops and sun comes out... Put bike gear on, sun goes in and big rain clouds roll in... I think there's a sign there?

So I have been digging documents out for my HGV medical tomorrow and will do the weekly shopping in a bit.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

A Good early walk with my camera, was out for ages, the sky was not full of rain.... I thought I would get a cheeky spin on the bike..
As soon as I got out of my street the heavens opened lmao....... carried on for a couple of hours, showers, on,off,on,off.

Bit of fun, but you really see the spills of fuel on the road when it rains..... I have never seen so much!
Home now, and the sun comes out again lol.....
Cav

Post by Cav »

My Wife and I met my Dad and Step Mum yesterday. First time face to face in 3 years. I had numerous visits to the toilet before hand. It went quite well.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Sorted the caravan out, took the cover off, and pumped up the tires (only 30psi down (blush) )

Ready for a long bank holiday weekend away (party)

Emptied the loft. Scaffolding arrives next week and then it's all go on the loft conversion. Also went shopping and choose a bathroom suite and shower for said loft conversion, phone call tomorrow to place the order.

I'm ****... Looking forward to with tomorrow for s chance to sit down!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Monty
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Post by Monty »

Not today to off to a funeral on the south coast tomorrow and it's going to be a really bad one. One of my oldest friend's 16 year old daughter jumped in front of a train a few weeks ago. Really dreading it, but it does remind me just how lucky I am and how we should never take it for granted. Not sure how he's going to get through tomorrow. Not sure I could, it's literally my worse nightmare as a parent.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Monty wrote:Not today to off to a funeral on the south coast tomorrow and it's going to be a really bad one. One of my oldest friend's 16 year old daughter jumped in front of a train a few weeks ago. Really dreading it, but it does remind me just how lucky I am and how we should never take it for granted. Not sure how he's going to get through tomorrow. Not sure I could, it's literally my worse nightmare as a parent.
That's awful. Every parents nightmare.

I hope it goes ok. All you can be is supportive.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Monty wrote:Not today to off to a funeral on the south coast tomorrow and it's going to be a really bad one. One of my oldest friend's 16 year old daughter jumped in front of a train a few weeks ago. Really dreading it, but it does remind me just how lucky I am and how we should never take it for granted. Not sure how he's going to get through tomorrow. Not sure I could, it's literally my worse nightmare as a parent.
That's truly awful.

But a true friend to travel so far too support your mate.

If your passing near reading and need a break give me a shout.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti