Troy Bayliss

Professional and amateur racing chat and results WARNING - MAY CONTAIN RACE RESULTS
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Troy Bayliss

Post by duke63 »

Had a serious cycling accident last weekend and is in a stable condition in hospital. He will apparently make a full recovery but has some serious back injuries.

Our number 1 umbrella holder had a crash last Friday on his bicycle, with some serious injuries to his C4 vertebra and spinal cord. Luckily he will make a full recovery.
Wishing the boss a speedy recovery, take it easy TB:
Troy Bayliss: "I'm OK and I'm home, but the crash means I won't be riding a motorcycle until I regain full movement in my arms and hands. I really just wanted to let everyone know what's happened, that I'm OK and that I'll be back in leathers as soon as I can. It's been an intense weekend for me and my family, but luckily I'm OK and I will recover. My doctors have been really positive, but there's no firm indication of how long it will be until I can regain enough control to get back on a bike – maybe a few months, maybe longer; it just depends on how the recovery goes once the bones heal up."
With Troy having no exact recollection of the incident, it appears that another bicycle was exiting between two parked cars and he has collided head first into it. Most of the impact was transferred through his head to his neck, and he lost consciousness. He was immediately treated and taken to hospital.
While the injuries are serious, Troy's condition is stable. He returned to his Gold Coast home on Monday to begin his recovery.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: Troy Bayliss

Post by Kwacky »

Lucky chap. That could have been really nasty.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Ouch. Lucky boy. Gws
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

“My life with Troy is a roller coaster ride. I knew I was in trouble as soon as I saw those eyes, but I still had no idea what the future would hold for me. Sometimes it's hard for me to tell if Troy is my husband or my fourth child... he does great in both roles!”

Kim Bayliss, Troy's wife, on her life with him. :D