LED Indicators

The news and your views about biking
Tuffers
Your Bike: Ducati Scrambler & Aprilia Tuono V4 Factory

LED Indicators

Post by Tuffers »

I'm toying with getting some for my scrambler. I like the streaming ones where the light moves across in the direction you're indicating. Rizoma are out of the question due to cost. I've seen Oxford do some at £35 a pair, still a tad expensive for me. I've also seen some on Amazon at around £13, reviews are hit and miss. The bad reviews are saying they let water in or one will fail within a week etc. Others rave about them.

What do you recommend if at all?
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Re: LED Indicators

Post by D6Nutz »

Tuffers wrote:I'm toying with getting some for my scrambler. I like the streaming ones where the light moves across in the direction you're indicating. Rizoma are out of the question due to cost. I've seen Oxford do some at £35 a pair, still a tad expensive for me. I've also seen some on Amazon at around £13, reviews are hit and miss. The bad reviews are saying they let water in or one will fail within a week etc. Others rave about them.

What do you recommend if at all?
I bought a cheap pair of those to fit to the KTM, never bothered as I went out the look. Eventually used them on a kids project. You get what you pay for, the wiring was the thinnest and cheapest possible and one fell apart within minutes.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

I would avoid the cheap ones. You don't know how long they'll last or how effective they are.

Check to see if they need resistors
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

I tried some cheapo signals and they were El Crappo.... the wiring was thin & basically incompatible with the stock cable, plus they shorted-out from condensation, withered under a hard stare, etc. Lasted about a fortnight.
Not impressed.
Those billet aluminum signals (can't recall the name?) are the way to go, but I'm not sure that company is still in business....??
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

I had a set of the Oxford ones on the Kawasaki and they were okay, not the brightest indicators ever (See Rizoma for that) but the movement is attention grabbing and they are now on a friends Z900, have seen all weathers and are still working just fine and no leaks. They also come with resistors if you need them.

[video]https://i.imgur.com/lEYyZWR.mp4[/video]
Tuffers
Your Bike: Ducati Scrambler & Aprilia Tuono V4 Factory

Post by Tuffers »

Yep, buy cheap buy twice as the saying goes. I'll put LED's on the back burner until I can justify shelling out on some. Rizoma do look nice but I'm not going to pay £100 a light (tmi)
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Yeah.

Imagine being daft enough to pay Rizoma prices (lol)
Bob T
Your Bike: 2021 BMW R1250RS, 2017 Ducati 939 Supersport, 1967 Ducati 250 Mk3, 2021 BMW S1000XR (hers)

Post by Bob T »

Kwacky wrote:I would avoid the cheap ones. You don't know how long they'll last or how effective they are.

Check to see if they need resistors
Buy expensive ones and you don't know either.
I has some cheap Chinese ebay sequential rear indicators on the rear of my Ducati Supersport 939, they were still going when I took them off to sell the bike 20,000 miles later.