What did you do to your bike today ??

The news and your views about biking
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Re: What did you do to your bike today ??

Post by C00kiemonster »

Kwacky wrote:Took the SX out for a couple of hours. I headed down towards Worcester way. Mixed amounts of traffic, a few road works and some showers but it was time on the bike so it's all good.
Wish i'd seen this earlier - could have popped in for a coffee dude. (happy)
Tuffers
Your Bike: Ducati Scrambler & Aprilia Tuono V4 Factory

Post by Tuffers »

Kwacky wrote:Took the SX out for a couple of hours. I headed down towards Worcester way. Mixed amounts of traffic, a few road works and some showers but it was time on the bike so it's all good.
A44 bypass is a joke. I have to get on the M5 north most days and find it's actually quicker to go through the city centre than piss about with the new bypass. Do you ever stop off at Dom's Bike Stop in Leominster?
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

No mate. I don't think I know where that is.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

Tuffers wrote:
A44 bypass is a joke. I have to get on the M5 north most days and find it's actually quicker to go through the city centre than piss about with the new bypass. Do you ever stop off at Dom's Bike Stop in Leominster?
Is that the one near IKEA? It's been gridlocked both times I've been on it if so. Stupid road that seems to go the long way to nowhere.
C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

All this talk of Worcester area. I live there now.

A list of good places to head for biking would be handy - i'm hoping to get the bike back to the house this weekend so i can use it!
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

From where you are, anything West is going to be great.

Take the A44 through Leominster to Crossgates then the A483 to Newtown. You will not be disappointed. The section of A44 from Kington to Crossgates is beautiful and Alpine-esque at one particular point.

I haven't done this one but the B4355 back from Newtown toward Knighton and Ludlow looks pretty great. Loads of cafes in Ludlow too.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Devils advocate a bit here but the A483 Crossgates to Newtown is:

a- often busy and policed
b - not the best road in the area IMHO

Try some of the back roads to Martley, Shelsey Walsh and then Ludlow.

take A44 past Ludlow and turn left on the A4113 to Leintwardine, then Knighton and to Crossgates. Once in Crossgates, avoid the A483 and head towards Rhayader and the coast at Aberystwyth. Great raods and not much traffic.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

It depends when you hit the 483. It's a great road but you have to go early or late in the day.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

C00kiemonster wrote:All this talk of Worcester area. I live there now.

A list of good places to head for biking would be handy - i'm hoping to get the bike back to the house this weekend so i can use it!
Biker heaven in our area IMHO ,Evesham ,Pershore into the cotswolds or out past Malvern into mid wales
Amazing roads if you hit them at the right time
C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

Perkles wrote:

Biker heaven in our area IMHO ,Evesham ,Pershore into the cotswolds or out past Malvern into mid wales
One of the reasons i moved here :P
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

C00kiemonster wrote:
Perkles wrote:

One of the reasons i moved here :P
loads of good MX tracks as well ,when you getting an off road bike :D
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

Washed it then fitted the Hepco and Becker engine bars and MRA screen.
Tuffers

Post by Tuffers »

Kwacky wrote:No mate. I don't think I know where that is.
I found it by chance. I didn't go to Leominster very often and on the way back from B&Q I saw a load of bikes parked up in a field. I googled it when I got home https://www.facebook.com/Doms-Bike-Stop ... 554272615/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I pop in quite often now for a cuppa. They do breakfasts, burgers etc. I also joined
the local motorcycle club https://lcmcc.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (£13 a year). They have ride outs meet ups once a month etc. I'm yet to go on a ride with them but they do a lot of ventures into Wales. They meet in Hereford for the ride outs. You might be interested in this cookie?
Tuffers

Post by Tuffers »

Where in Worcester are you mate? I moved down 5 years ago to a small village between Worcester and Bromyard. We're about half a mile off the A44. Sundays in the summer sounds like Brands Hatch (rock). If I want to do a short run I'll ride down to Leominster, have a cuppa at Dom's Bike Stop, head for Hereford and peel off towards Gloucester then take the Hereford-Worcester road towards the A44 and head back home. It's about 50 miles.

I went out on a nice evening ride with a neighbour in the summer. Home-Leominster-Hay on Wye (fish and chips)-Abergavenny-Hereford stopping for a pint here https://www.threehorseshoesallensmore.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and then home.

Been to Wales a few times on the bike and the roads are different class. The cafe in Llandovery is a good place to head for http://www.westendcafe.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

Tuffers wrote:

Where in Worcester are you mate? I moved down 5 years ago to a small village between Worcester and Bromyard. We're about half a mile off the A44. Sundays in the summer sounds like Brands Hatch (rock). If I want to do a short run I'll ride down to Leominster, have a cuppa at Dom's Bike Stop, head for Hereford and peel off towards Gloucester then take the Hereford-Worcester road towards the A44 and head back home. It's about 50 miles.

I went out on a nice evening ride with a neighbour in the summer. Home-Leominster-Hay on Wye (fish and chips)-Abergavenny-Hereford stopping for a pint here https://www.threehorseshoesallensmore.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and then home.

Been to Wales a few times on the bike and the roads are different class. The cafe in Llandovery is a good place to head for http://www.westendcafe.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm in St John's, near the centre.
Tuffers

Post by Tuffers »

MX track at J6 M5 and there's one just outside of Bromyard. I got speaking to the owner of the Bromyard MX track a couple of months back. Apparently he's a mate of Henry Cole and they're filming a tv program together this month about metal detecting.
Tuffers

Post by Tuffers »

C00kiemonster wrote:
Tuffers wrote:

I'm in St John's, near the centre.
Not far from me. I'm about 7 miles from St John's out in the sticks. My nearest chippy is Hooked 2 Broadway Grove
Worcester
WR2 5EU totally recommend (y)

Chinese takeaway https://www.rubyworcester.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I usually have a cheeky lager when waiting for them to cook my food.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Tuffers wrote:MX track at J6 M5 and there's one just outside of Bromyard. I got speaking to the owner of the Bromyard MX track a couple of months back. Apparently he's a mate of Henry Cole and they're filming a tv program together this month about metal detecting.
Apex ,grafton manor,little London enduro, Bromyard all 30-45 minutes apart great tracks
C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

Went to fetch it from Sister in Laws
Flat Battery
SIL's Neighbour is a biker (never met him) - i'll go ask him if he can help.
Yep - no problem - i'll charge it for you on my optimate - wheel it into my garage - come back Friday.
Result - considering the faff otherwise.

We are a good community.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

I see there are loads of VFR spares from a breaking bike on eBay this afternoon. (giggle)