What did you do to your bike today ??

The news and your views about biking
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Re: What did you do to your bike today ??

Post by Frankie »

Nice to catch up mate. I got their early... so made a little detour down/up fish hill... and took a very long way home via Wantage, Newbury, Goring lol.... all over the place. Dodged a pigeon on my trip and head butted a Pheasant lol.... I tried to move, but she moved at the same time!

Observation: Way too many cars / lorries going too fast to be able to take the corners, the amount on my side of the road today was unreal.
Seems there is something going on around Stow and surrounding county, cars flashing me (coming the other way) as if you'd expect and accident or some thing down the road, only to find nothing there? happened a few times.....
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Frankie wrote:Nice to catch up mate. I got their early... so made a little detour down/up fish hill... and took a very long way home via Wantage, Newbury, Goring lol.... all over the place. Dodged a pigeon on my trip and head butted a Pheasant lol.... I tried to move, but she moved at the same time!

Observation: Way too many cars / lorries going too fast to be able to take the corners, the amount on my side of the road today was unreal.
Seems there is something going on around Stow and surrounding county, cars flashing me (coming the other way) as if you'd expect and accident or some thing down the road, only to find nothing there? happened a few times.....
:^ Still have a bike-cam on your current ride mate.?
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Frankie wrote:Nice to catch up mate. I got their early... so made a little detour down/up fish hill... and took a very long way home via Wantage, Newbury, Goring lol.... all over the place. Dodged a pigeon on my trip and head butted a Pheasant lol.... I tried to move, but she moved at the same time!

Us bikers are always going too fast according to car drivers.
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

StMarks wrote:

:^ Still have a bike-cam on your current ride mate.?
No did not put it on today....
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

duke63 wrote:

Us bikers are always going too fast according to car drivers.
Each time it happen I was not going faster than the posted limits...... unlike the sodding drivers going through villages and the out into the country at one set speed (it was not 30), and all sitting up each others chuff.... forcing an overtake of many or sit there all day!
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

rode mine for an hour around Evesham and the edge of the Cotswolds later in the afternoon after all the idiots had gone home
I live very close to some beautiful biking roads, I feel truly blessed some days when I am out on two wheels
knee down on my bike angle sensor is 50 degrees ,pointless information but there you go....im a child
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

Got out for what was intended to be a quick little jaunt, ended up 4 hrs of not making my mind up where I wanted to go, so ended up everywhere lol.
Started to head south, then ended up going north, getting diverted off a main road where they obviously caught out buses and cars alike with a road closure to redress it!!! carnage of people trying to turn around with no idea where to go!

Ended up on back, back roads, the ones for bloody horses and tractors lol.... which was nice, some lovely villages all tucked away. finally got back on the main road to find i was only a mile up from where I went off and had to go back anyway.... LOL.... So a second run of Chain Hill was forced on me.

Lovely day for a ride about, it does seem as if the population believes the pandemic is over, it was busy, really busy with cars.

KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN ALL - THERE ARE SOME VERY BLIND DIVERS OUT THERE!
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

I think UK roads are going to be a nightmare in the summer this year with all the holidaymakers.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Swapped the trickle charger from the Multi to the Thruxton.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Monty
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Post by Monty »

Found my new favourite spot, been sat here for an hour watching the world go by.
318C41CB-0881-4757-9FA4-A2F8FE0DE975.jpeg
F84F5CA0-43BC-44DC-BAC7-8AD4C6DE1121.jpeg
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

My friends decided that today I was leading so we met up at Squires at 10 for a ride to Flambrough Lighthouse, or more to the point the Headlands Café next to it. I decided to put Thornton-Le-Dale (where they film Bangers and Cash) in to google maps and mostly ignore the directions which found us some great roads and no mobile speed cameras..
I had a few minuets at the duck pond just enjoying a quiet cup of coffee.
We confused Fran by asking her if this was a Duck-ati or a Quack-asaki :D

On to Flambrough, again using the map as a rough guide and avoiding the busier roads wherever possible.

She's a pretty bike now, and rides so well along with being possibly the comfiest bike I've ridden.
Last edited by Stonesie on 28 Apr 2021, 08:11, edited 1 time in total.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Still a great looking bike after all these years. Timeless.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Yep, bike looks good. Nice style to them.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Fitted the evotech fork protectors and the crash bungs to the MV. Thankfully the engine bolts came out without much of a struggle.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Took the Thruxton out for a VERY CAREFUL run into town. Came back via some back country roads but maintained sensibility, still a very nice day out anyway. Stopped at the pub for a pint and lunch on the way home.
ACA38E43-0511-46BB-9F5D-EEDA1683B491.jpeg
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

changed the fork oil and set the air pressure on the Slugs front forks yesterday, they are still shite :)
Monty
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Post by Monty »

Had a really good 3 days around Wales and found some new fantastic roads just around the corner from the house. Not fast roads, more scenic and covered in gravel. Very tempted to buy a crosser and leave it down there.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Monty wrote:Had a really good 3 days around Wales and found some new fantastic roads just around the corner from the house. Not fast roads, more scenic and covered in gravel. Very tempted to buy a crosser and leave it down there.
im getting a mx bike
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Put the Moto Corse reservoir caps on the Brutale.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Kwacky wrote:Put the Moto Corse reservoir caps on the Brutale.
You know the rules... Add bling.. post pics...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti