Cannabis

Topics covering world politics and political events. To hide this section go to your control panel and join the group "Hide Politics"
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Cannabis

Post by Kwacky »

Germany has announced plans to legalise it. There's not much detail at the moment

Spain and Netherlands already have limited use laws and Portugal decriminalised it years ago

I wonder if we'll start to see a relaxing or change in the laws in the UK? We're already the largest legal grower in Europe.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Re: Cannabis

Post by Perkles »

hopefully the automation :) market in North America is huge for legal cannabis
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

It should be compulsory.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

D41 wrote:It should be compulsory.
The scientifically proven side effects of cannabis use include schizophrenia & psychosis, don't they.?
- Granted that the occasional use is unlikely to harm someone, but nonetheless it is undeniably it is inherently harmful to mental health.
D41

Post by D41 »

Schizophrenia & psychosis can occur after high dosages taken over a prolonged period, apparently. But that's down to individuals who are already predisposed to such a malady.... at least, that's what I'm getting from skimming an article or two on the subject. I think.
??
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

D41 wrote:Schizophrenia & psychosis can occur after high dosages taken over a prolonged period, apparently. But that's down to individuals who are already predisposed to such a malady.... at least, that's what I'm getting from skimming an article or two on the subject. I think.
??
I was put in a psychiatric ward for a few weeks when I had breakdown , a large number of patients were there because of weed use
D41

Post by D41 »

They were there for using weed, or for abusing it??
And I realize I'm splitting hairs here, but plenty of people use narcotics - alcohol included - for recreational purposes with no, or very limited negative side effects.
Those that overdo it to the point that they're placed in the nuthouse are typically abusing it to mask and/or self-medicate a much deeper set of problems.
And yes, their overuse might at some point lead them to spiral downwards into all sorts of madness...but that us usually simply the manifestation of underlying, deeper-rooted issues.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

A lot of issues stem to the crack down on cannabis in the 90s. People used to mostly smoke low level resin or hash. The imports dried up so people turned to home growing. There was then a race to produce stronger and stronger strains.

I used to be able to stay up all night chatting shit and smoking.

I can't do one joint of the stuff that's on sale now

I miss social smoking cannabis but the stuff about today is far too strong for that.

Legalising it will bring in various strengths, like alcohol.
D41

Post by D41 »

There's been marijuana stores (or whatever it is that they sell?) for a while now.... then they closed them, then opened them again.... I'm honestly not sure what the status is right now. The LA mayor said it was fine.... the Feds said it wasn't, the Governor says yes...or no - it goes back & forth - all part of the seemingly endless battles over who has jurisdiction over who, what, when, & why.
Welcome to California.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Abusing anything is bad for your well being….even sex addiction seems to make people unhappy.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

D41 wrote:They were there for using weed, or for abusing it??
And I realize I'm splitting hairs here, but plenty of people use narcotics - alcohol included - for recreational purposes with no, or very limited negative side effects.
Those that overdo it to the point that they're placed in the nuthouse are typically abusing it to mask and/or self-medicate a much deeper set of problems.
And yes, their overuse might at some point lead them to spiral downwards into all sorts of madness...but that us usually simply the manifestation of underlying, deeper-rooted issues.
It’s a psychiatric ward for very ill people there is no such thing as a nut house ,that’s a bit immature and degrading
My point is it’s not as safe as many people profess
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Another thing to remember is that many of the cannabis users suffering from side effects have been using spice as well. Spice is **** horrible to the brain.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

duke63 wrote:Abusing anything is bad for your well being….even sex addiction seems to make people unhappy.
I’ve never over eaten Maltesers and felt bad about it tbh :D
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

StMarks wrote:
D41 wrote:It should be compulsory.
The scientifically proven side effects of cannabis use include schizophrenia & psychosis, don't they.?
- Granted that the occasional use is unlikely to harm someone, but nonetheless it is undeniably it is inherently harmful to mental health.
Schizophrenia & psychosis is exacerbated by cannabis use and has given a usage-cause link between the two. High use of any drug, legal or otherwise is going to lead to mental health issues. But the drug use tends to be the symptom rather than the cause.

Jess has been working at a private residential mental health clinic as a assistant nurse for over a year now, and one of the wings is dedicated to substance abuse. The rates of use of those admitted would astound you. I thought I’d had some big nights in the past but what people suffering can consume on a daily basis is unbelievable.

In my opinion, responsible casual/social legal use of cannabis is not the problem and won’t led to schizophrenia & psychosis. Just the same as responsible drinking isn’t a problem. Sharing a joint with a couple of friends of an evening is no different to sinking a few pints. Which is wildly different to rolling out of bed in the morning and punching multiple cones or downing a bottle of spirits before you start your day.

People who will abuse a substance with do so regardless of it’s legal status, but the pathway to help and admitting a problem is much easier when the substance abuse doesn’t also hold a cloud of legality above it.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Kwacky wrote:Another thing to remember is that many of the cannabis users suffering from side effects have been using spice as well. Spice is **** horrible to the brain.
The synthetic movement was/is horrendous, but is so far from real cannabis it shouldn’t even be associated. Unfortunately the appearance and delivery methods are similar so the association is there.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Kiwi hits 50 and suddenly becomes wise ;)
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Kwacky wrote:Kiwi hits 50 and suddenly becomes wise ;)
Wisdom comes from experience,

I grew up in NZ remember.
60C8E7D0-A8FA-43E3-A73D-80D42E089444.jpeg
Monty
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Post by Monty »

duke63 wrote:…. even sex addiction seems to make people unhappy.
Only when I don't get it!

I think a lot depends on how old you are when you first start smoking Cannabis in significant quantities. Some studies have shown that it can affect brain development in younger people.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Kwacky wrote:A lot of issues stem to the crack down on cannabis in the 90s. People used to mostly smoke low level resin or hash. The imports dried up so people turned to home growing. There was then a race to produce stronger and stronger strains.

I used to be able to stay up all night chatting shit and smoking.

I can't do one joint of the stuff that's on sale now

I miss social smoking cannabis but the stuff about today is far too strong for that.

Legalising it will bring in various strengths, like alcohol.
Ah those were the days, all night game of Risk, cards for who makes the tea, cards for who goes to the shops for munchies :D
D41

Post by D41 »

Frankie wrote: Ah those were the days, all night game of Risk,
LOLOL....... now there's someone who knows how to throw a party!!