Coronavirus - hype or pandemlc?

Topics covering world politics and political events. To hide this section go to your control panel and join the group "Hide Politics"
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Re: Coronavirus - hype or pandemlc?

Post by D41 »

kiwikrasher wrote:
D41 wrote: but I'll wager there's very few people who commute by plane on a regular basis?
Ummmm? (wait)

Just my whole industry and the other number of industries that use Fly In Fly Out here in Australia. There is 60,000 FIFO in mining alone, 17,000 in Oil and Gas… bit more than a few.

So how much did you want to wager?? Cause I’m down.
Duke wrote about domestic air travel in Britain... that's what I was responding to.
I'm also fairly sure - at least I seem to remember you mentioning it - that when you fly out to work that you're "offshore" in an international sense, hence all the quarantine BS you have to endure on your return.
Is this not the case...???
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

D41 wrote:
kiwikrasher wrote:
D41 wrote: but I'll wager there's very few people who commute by plane on a regular basis?
Ummmm? (wait)

Just my whole industry and the other number of industries that use Fly In Fly Out here in Australia. There is 60,000 FIFO in mining alone, 17,000 in Oil and Gas… bit more than a few.

So how much did you want to wager?? Cause I’m down.
Duke wrote about domestic air travel in Britain... that's what I was responding to.
I'm also fairly sure - at least I seem to remember you mentioning it - that when you fly out to work that you're "offshore" in an international sense, hence all the quarantine BS you have to endure on your return.
Is this not the case...???
I still domestic fly to Darwin and all those figures I quoted are domestic travel within Australia
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Monty
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Post by Monty »

Screenshot 2021-10-29 at 14.44.51.png
Monty™© MCMLXXII
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Monty wrote:
Screenshot 2021-10-29 at 14.44.51.png
That ^ should be all over mainstream media. There seems no accountability for the corruption & cronyism that has milked the system during this epidemic.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Austria has announced all unvaccinated people must stay at home except for going to work or shopping for food.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59283128" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
StMarks

Post by StMarks »

duke63 wrote:Austria has announced all unvaccinated people must stay at home except for going to work or shopping for food.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59283128" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Birthplace of Adolf. (nod)

@facebookfans (giggle)
duke63

Post by duke63 »

Austria going back into full lockdown and making vaccination mandatory.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

Just announced we are back to compulsory PCR tests to move in and out of the Country and masks must be worn in shops and public transport. We are going backwards quickly.
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

A few days in to this now and I've given up (facepalm)

Less than half of my passengers are wearing a mask at all, and around half of those are wearing it incorrectly, not covering mouth and nose.. then others wear it to get on and off the bus but remove it when they're sat down...

Get me away from these "people".

Management don't want us to refuse anyone for not having a mask.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Stonesie wrote:A few days in to this now and I've given up (facepalm)

Less than half of my passengers are wearing a mask at all, and around half of those are wearing it incorrectly, not covering mouth and nose.. then others wear it to get on and off the bus but remove it when they're sat down...

Get me away from these "people".

Management don't want us to refuse anyone for not having a mask.
I really dont get this stupidity of not wearing a mask if your asked to. Regardless of what you believe about Covid, if your asked to wear one, do so, its not as if someone is telling you to walk around in the buff for gods sake.

I noticed that on a recent rail trip, hardly anyone was wearing one, even though you are supposed to. On the flight to Spain in October, everyone wore it for the full trip. A much longer run then a bus or a typical run into London on the train. Its doing my head in and not going away, its pissing me off.
I feel for you, you cant even make the choice to get off.... Management should be enforcing this and not leaving you vulnerable. Maybe some of them should take the wagon out for a run and see what happens.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

Tfl are issuing £200 fines to people who refuse to wear one and asking them to leave the station according to the news this morning.

I was in the local CoOp earlier and one young bloke was not wearing a mask and whliss paying for his goods was avidly telling the cashier how he felt ill last night, couldn't breathe and was deciding whether to take a covid test. This is the level of **** rife in the UK now.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

duke63 wrote:Tfl are issuing £200 fines to people who refuse to wear one and asking them to leave the station according to the news this morning.

I was in the local CoOp earlier and one young bloke was not wearing a mask and whliss paying for his goods was avidly telling the cashier how he felt ill last night, couldn't breathe and was deciding whether to take a covid test. This is the level of **** rife in the UK now.
It just sums it up, we are surrounded by muppets.......
StMarks

Post by StMarks »

Frankie wrote:.,,,I really dont get this stupidity of not wearing a mask if your asked to. Regardless of what you believe about Covid, if your asked to wear one, do so, its not as if someone is telling you to walk around in the buff for gods sake. ...
^^ Precisely that ^^ (clap)
Monty
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Post by Monty »

Utter ****tards
Monty™© MCMLXXII
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

duke63 wrote:Tfl are issuing £200 fines to people who refuse to wear one and asking them to leave the station according to the news this morning.

What an utter ****..

Biggest problem you have is MPs sat side by side in the house of commons not wearing masks and stating quite frankly that they don't need to. If the leaders don't need to wear masks, why do the minions.

Hoping a bit of natural selection will weedle out a bit of the **** from the genre pool.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

D6Nutz wrote: Hoping a bit of natural selection will weedle out a bit of the **** from the genre pool.
Unfortunately they seem to be part cockroach, almost unkillable but breed like crazy...
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Just got the official word out PMI (Pre Mobilisation Isolation) quarantine on the way to work has now been dropped now it is mandated to be vax to be offshore. Just have to go up to Darwin a day early to be tested and negative result, then straight offshore.

So means I’m home for Christmas now. (rock)
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

kiwikrasher wrote:Just got the official word out PMI (Pre Mobilisation Isolation) quarantine on the way to work has now been dropped now it is mandated to be vax to be offshore. Just have to go up to Darwin a day early to be tested and negative result, then straight offshore.

So means I’m home for Christmas now. (rock)
Well just got a follow up email as I posted that.

To balance man power requirements offshore my roster has been moved forward a week and I have to mobilise on the 21 Dec, so no Christmas at home (doh)
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

That's shit.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

They are taking the piss, kiwi., You have given more than could be expected to that company over the last two years and that's how they treat you at a family time of year?