GoPro Hero 8

Reviews and recommendations of bike services and products you have had experiences with, both good and bad
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

GoPro Hero 8

Post by Cav »

No editing. Shot and uploaded in 4k so watch on a TV or your phone.

Settings were just a stab in the dark:
4k24
Linear
Hypersmooth High
Bit Rate High
Shutter Auto
EV -0.5
WB Auto
ISO Range 100-400
Sharpness low
Colour GoPro

[video]https://youtu.be/YMBmvlFH1TM[/video]
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Re: GoPro Hero 8

Post by kiwikrasher »

that looks really smooth!
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Cav

Post by Cav »

That was me running, I wouldnt be able to hold that pace long. I was amazed to be honest with you; hypersmooth is exactly what it says it is
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

thats awesome guess who wants one now (wasntme)
Cav

Post by Cav »

Haha.. one thing I havent figured out yet is how to overlay the GPS stuff. I need to know that before Monday or else I'm gonna be livid haha

Ill dig out the vids i found useful on setup and settings. This was a first stab and I will try low sharpness next time. It looks a little false in that vid
Cav

Post by Cav »

Perks.

The camera itself is very easy to operate, setup and use. Understanding what each of the settings are and how best to use them is something you need to watch some settings videos on to really understand it.

The GoPro App. You can connect your phone to your camera (you do this during initial setup which is easy) and then you can transfer videos from the camera to your phone. You can then edit them on your phone and overlay GPS if you have that data. You can then save the files to your phone ready for sharing.

This is where the problem begins for me. The videos are split into 4GB chapters (5m19). I want to analyse my GPS data to get lap times, split times and speeds , etc.. You can't do it through the GoPro App and the Apps which GoPro themselves recommend do not work for me.
I need to stitch together my videos and retain the metadata/GPS data otherwise I "lose" the lap when the video footage splits. This has happened on both of my fastest laps.

I know there is a solution to this but I just haven't found it yet.

I highly doubt this is an issue for Evie but it may be an issue for you if you want more than just the GPS data the GoPro App can provide you (I'm assuming you'll end up using it for yourself).

There's no knocking the quality of the video produced. I've set the camera to under expose deliberately and I haven't edited the video that I posted in my Cadwell thread. I'm more than happy with it.

The sound quality with the foam housing is also brilliant!! I didn't get any wind noise and you can even hear other bikes on circuit as we pass one another.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

looks a great bit of kit ,my daughter wants one fro her vlogs so it needs to be easy to set up its not for my bike or anything I would get bored watching myself wobble around a track tbh
Cav

Post by Cav »

The only issue I've come across is the video stitching and keeping metadata. She won't be using GPS so this won't be a problem for her.

I would definitely recommend. Its much easier to use than the older versions!