Recommend me...

Reviews and recommendations of bike services and products you have had experiences with, both good and bad
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Re: Recommend me...

Post by Blade »

Rossgo air can be an absolute bitch to get out and your certainly wont see it.

I've known some calipers have the bleed nipple about 1mm below the highest point of the calipers when installed and unless you manipulate the calipers postion you will never get it out. You may have a tiny air bubble stuck in the MC that you cant displace to the caliper nipple and you could bleed till the cows come home with no bubbles expelled and still have air in there.

Anything could have happened between now and April mate. Definitely need a good bleed and proving the system is free off air. If the lever isnt almost solid then there is air in their buddy. Not alot but enough to reduce performance.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Out of interest how would I manipulate the calipers or the master cylinder to bleed fully, as I couldn't take them off to bleed them, if that makes sense?

I'm fairly certain I haven't done anything different to what the lads would of done at my local garage. I haven't been out on my bike for a few weeks now but the last time they were still decent enough. Also seems strange why manufacturers would pair up 2 different brands together for brakes eg Brembo calipers and Nissin MC. I realise it be down to price but they should go hand in hand really

I have heard some bleed points aren't correct on some bikes. And my caliper bleed points are a b&^ch just to get too to be honest, it's like they have designed it to be difficult! They really should be on the outside of the caliper not inside

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Blade

Post by Blade »

Rossgo wrote:Out of interest how would I manipulate the calipers or the master cylinder to bleed fully, as I couldn't take them off to bleed them, if that makes sense?

I'm fairly certain I haven't done anything different to what the lads would of done at my local garage. I haven't been out on my bike for a few weeks now but the last time they were still decent enough. Also seems strange why manufacturers would pair up 2 different brands together for brakes eg Brembo calipers and Nissin MC. I realise it be down to price but they should go hand in hand really

I have heard some bleed points aren't correct on some bikes. And my caliper bleed points are a b&^ch just to get too to be honest, it's like they have designed it to be difficult! They really should be on the outside of the caliper not inside Image

Just rotate the caliper as needed so the nipple is the highest point. Air will always rise and settle at the top and if there is a nice little pocket it will just sit there.

I would definitely bleed at the MC first though just to prove no air trapped there .
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Blade wrote:
Rossgo wrote:Out of interest how would I manipulate the calipers or the master cylinder to bleed fully, as I couldn't take them off to bleed them, if that makes sense?

I have heard some bleed points aren't correct on some bikes. And my caliper bleed points are a b&^ch just to get too to be honest, it's like they have designed it to be difficult! They really should be on the outside of the caliper not inside Image

Just rotate the caliper as needed so the nipple is the highest point. Air will always rise and settle at the top and if there is a nice little pocket it will just sit there.

I would definitely bleed at the MC first though just to prove no air trapped there .
I was thinking this but over thought what you were saying lol! Ok this is a job I can do. I'll have a play when it dries up a bit next month.

Cheers Blade and Kwacky Image

Blade

Post by Blade »

As you havent got ABS, the lever should be very firm with minimal travel. If it isnt you have a tiny amount of air in there and reading everything you've said I suspect this is highly likely your issue and definitely needs proving otherwise first imo. A tiny amount of air wont be dangerous but could be robbing you of some feel and performance.

Still consider a MC upgrade, but my personal opinion is make sure the current system is 100% first.
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

I have an Accossato m/c wonderful feel and more than enough power
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Ok I'll be doing this first before anything else. Cheers again

Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Jack wrote:I have an Accossato m/c wonderful feel and more than enough power
I never heard of this manufacturer before today!! Is there enough adjustability for it? How long have you had it for?

Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

I've had a couple of their master cylinders. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them
Blade

Post by Blade »

There used in wsbk Rossgo. Decent kit.

Some are adjustable ratio (the one I suggested) some are a single fixed ratio and subsequently a little cheaper.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Kwacky wrote:I've had a couple of their master cylinders. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them
Out of interest which bikes did you have them on? I know you had the Kwacka for a long time and that MC was gods gift. Very sharp, almost too sharp for road use really had to adjust your head to fit the braking style in my opinion but made it a hoot to use lol

Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Ahh ok Blade. So they are good then. A lot of thinking about it all. It would be the final stage I think in the braking area without comprising the bike, hence why I wouldn't mind one. It really would be the perfect bike then in my opinion, not that it isn't right now but I wouldn't mind a little more bling haha

Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Cbr600rr and cb1000r
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

How do you think they felt after the upgrade Kwacky?

Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I really noticed it on the 600. Very strong but loads of feel.

I didn't have the 1000 long enough to know.
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

had mine 8 years on the Daytona 600 , transformed the braking and fully adjustable with different ratio levers and a dial adjuster .
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Sounds like it did the job amazingly well. There are not many mods I'd like to do but the ones I have done have been big steps forward and by the sounds of it the MC is a fantastic option

Blade

Post by Blade »

Here you go Rossgo a nice second hand one for you if you fancy a bit of motogp bling (happy)

Only 1,700 Mars bars to you mate (giggle)

https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/b ... new.73231/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Blade wrote:Here you go Rossgo a nice second hand one for you if you fancy a bit of motogp bling (happy)

Only 1,700 Mars bars to you mate (giggle)

https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/b ... new.73231/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I can't see it mate as not logged into their forum lol!

1700 bars...I's a deal. Meet me outside work ImageImage ImageImage

Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Just so I can reference this on my current bike I have a

Master cylinder bore size of 17.5mm

Caliper bore size of 32.0mm