Rode these.

The news and your views about biking
Godzilla
Your Bike:

Rode these.

Post by Godzilla »

Only 20 mins on each bike, so not really enough to make a much of an opinion. However after 20 mins on each i think its the Adventure that is the better bike.

As said previously I was disappointed in the power of the superduke, in regards I was expecting a lot more.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Re: Rode these.

Post by Blade »

How did it stack up against the GS and Multistrada ?
Godzilla
Your Bike:

Post by Godzilla »

Its hard to give a really good comparison over just 20 mins. It was more similar to the Multistrada than the GS. Similar vibes through the seat. I think I preferred the looks of the KTM. The ride seemed pretty similar as well. I think I prefer the looks to those of the Multi, but its got KTM on the side not Ducati as minus. (Although Im not too brand fussed but wuld like to own a Duc at some point).
It did have a higher rev limit than the GS which I preferred. However the Speedo was knackered making me think about reliability of KTM.

I still cant decide out of the three but still sway to the GS. ALthough I dont want one of those as I dont want to seem a BMW fanboy, and they are the most common. But they do have the shaft drive.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

The Superduke is silly money for what it is in my opinion.

I still love my Multi but i can see the appeal of the GS.

Unless a lot of offroad riding or a trip round the world is the plan though, i'm not sure the shaftdrive has any great benefit over a chain and Scottoiler.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Are you going to buy an adventure bike or just having fun in test rides ?
Blade

Post by Blade »

I know your testing adventure bikes so this is a bit of a wild card choice but have you considered testing riding a s1000r ? Would be very interested to here your opinion as it's getting rave reviews and the active suspension I believe is very good.
Godzilla
Your Bike:

Post by Godzilla »

Blade wrote:I know your testing adventure bikes so this is a bit of a wild card choice but have you considered testing riding a s1000r ? Would be very interested to here your opinion as it's getting rave reviews and the active suspension I believe is very good.
Not really considered riding it to be honest. Its too similar to my current bike so I have no interest in getting one regardless of how good a bike it is. However if they throw me the keys whilst I wait for a service anytime it would be rude to refuse lol.

@Duke. I agree the Multi is a great bike and if I had one Im sure I would really enjoy it, its just others just tick a few more boxes for me.